The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Octopus_Garden
In my day *old gimmer* , we had an anthology of poems, and we knew one of them would come up, and we would have to compare it with an unseen poem.

That's so unfair... We have TWO unseen poems :lol:
You got a B in GCSE English, when it's your third language, and you didn't read the poems? You'd make some of my friends really envious!

Do you actually get poetry?
Il a torte de penser ça.

Wieso sprichst du über eine Torte? Jetzt habe ich Lucht, eie Torte zu essen..und es gibt kein zu Hause.
looool I guess I just got very lucky! The only poem I kinda revised for, (Nothing's changed) came up in the exam! I was so happy the second I saw the exam question! :tongue: I chose to write a comparitive essay on politics about two of the anthology poems..."Nothing's changed" which was about Apartheid in South Africa && 'Two scavengers in a truck and two beautiful people in a mercedes" which was mainly about social inequality in the USA. :yep:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
That's so unfair... We have TWO unseen poems :lol:

We had proper coursework in them thar days, too. :smile:
We had proper coursework in them thar days, too. :smile:

Proper? You could take it home :lol:

I didn't get to do any of that... :frown: had to do it in school properly for "controlled assessments". My teacher was disappointed when I got 36/40:lolwut:

Alors... Le français est très mal (avec les courseworks)
Proper? You could take it home :lol:

I didn't get to do any of that... :frown: had to do it in school properly for "controlled assessments". My teacher was disappointed when I got 36/40:lolwut:

Alors... Le français est très mal (avec les courseworks)
Yep. Take it home, write it at home, present first draft to teacher, and second draft to teacher, and finally submit.

You could even get your parents to write it for you! Although I didn't cheat, because I'm honest. (And also because getting my mother to write it would probably have got me a worse grade rather than a better. :rolleyes:)
Yep. Take it home, write it at home, present first draft to teacher, and second draft to teacher, and finally submit.

You could even get your parents to write it for you! Although I didn't cheat, because I'm honest. (And also because getting my mother to write it would probably have got me a worse grade rather than a better. :rolleyes:)

So unfair :frown: although I'd have had no one to help me :tongue:
So unfair :frown: although I'd have had no one to help me :tongue:
Thinking about it, maybe I should have cheated and got her to help me or simply just do my fiction coursework- I got 25/27 for that! That's etched into my mind, because I wanted 26.:biggrin:
I can't believe I just said "Jetzt habe ich Lucht" on my post above ^^
:facepalm:
Thinking about it, maybe I should have cheated and got her to help me or simply just do my fiction coursework- I got 25/27 for that! That's etched into my mind, because I wanted 26.:biggrin:

J'ai un A aussi :redface:

J'ai un A aussi :redface:
I hate writing stories! I just can't come up with plots.:angry:
I hate writing stories! I just can't come up with plots.:angry:

I used a film plot and adapted :tongue: you know "The Prestige" I did that
Original post by thatitootoo
Wieso sprichst du über eine Torte? Jetzt habe ich Lucht, eie Torte zu essen..und es gibt kein zu Hause.
looool I guess I just got very lucky! The only poem I kinda revised for, (Nothing's changed) came up in the exam! I was so happy the second I saw the exam question! :tongue: I chose to write a comparitive essay on politics about two of the anthology poems..."Nothing's changed" which was about Apartheid in South Africa && 'Two scavengers in a truck and two beautiful people in a mercedes" which was mainly about social inequality in the USA. :yep:
tort=wrong:tongue:

Ich erinnere mich ,,Nothing's Changed"! That was in my anthology a few years before.
(edited 10 years ago)
torte=wrong:tongue:

Ich erinnere mich ,,Nothing's Changed"! That was in my anthology a few years before.

Small round 'o' for small mean mouth.
I used a film plot and adapted :tongue: you know "The Prestige" I did that
Le film sur des illusionnistes?
Original post by constantmeowage
Small round 'o' for small mean mouth.
Ich verstehe dich nicht.

EDIT: hang on, that's from the poem!
(edited 10 years ago)
Le film sur des illusionnistes?

Oui! C'est un bon film!:biggrin:
Oui! C'est un bon film!:biggrin:
J'ai vu ce film, et je n'ai pas l'intention de regarder ça encore!
J'ai vu ce film, et je n'ai pas l'intention de regarder ça encore!

Pourquoi? :eek: did it hurt your head?:lol:
Pourquoi? :eek: did it hurt your head?:lol:

Too many people dying horribly.
lololol
I was really into that poem 2 years ago...now I can't even remember a single quote! Oh well, I have got my B for college now...:cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending