The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
Murray has to take advantage of this, surely... Only Djokovic (potentially) stands in his way.
Reply 4081
One of Kubot, Paire,Mannarino, Brown,Almagro,Janowicz,Melzer or Stakhovsky will be a semi finalist. Who would've thought it?
So happy that both Nadal and Federer are out... This has to be the year for a British winner!
Predictions on who will make the semi from the above list of 8 anyone? ^^
Reply 4084
Screw this tournament. With Fedal out, this is gonna be the most boring tournaments of the year.
Reply 4085
Original post by Krish4791
No Federer :frown: Just got outplayed by Stakhovsky who was really red hot. But this has given all Roger haters a chance to shine as well.

And what a weird Wimbledon. 10 Retirements (7 today) and quite a few upsets already.

On the first day of wimbledon I was like "NO Rafael!" What goes around comes around.:wink:
Original post by Prendah
Tiebreaker. This happens at 6-6 in games, except for the last set.

Original post by aja89
If a set gets to 6-6 they play a tie-break which is first to seven points (or two clear after that).

Original post by the-black-lotus
So happy that both Nadal and Federer are out... This has to be the year for a British winner!

I'm not exactly 'happy' that Roger's out - he is such a great player to watch and he's always been a really nice person and a gentleman on court. It's quite a sad day actually, if this is the end of his being big at Wimbledon.
I'm taking a risk and saying Paire, but we'll have to see. Far too difficult to call!
Original post by Prendah
The beginning of the end for Fed?

A few years late.
wow wtf did i just watch :lolwut: im just speechless lol :eek:

and all those injuries crazy day :lolwut:

murray better win this :p: :yeah:
So the question now is - can anything stop Andy from winning? Does he even need to play the final, we could probably just award it to him.
Reply 4092
Original post by Roger1
I'm gonna have a heart attack.

Stay calm its not the end of the year even though Federer is world no.5 he will do good in US OPEN.:wink:
Lol 7-8 injuries, nadal out, federrer out, tsogna out, hewitt out, sharapova out, azarenka out

tf with this year.
I can't fathom how both Nadal and Federer got knocked out at such an early stage. Such a crazy few days. Murray's best chance now, would be such a shame if he doesn't win it.
Reply 4095
Original post by Sirocco11
Gotta say. What. A. Performance. Stakhovsky's volleying was God like today.

He's gota be the best SV player out there?:wink:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
So the question now is - can anything stop Andy from winning? Does he even need to play the final, we could probably just award it to him.

Are you forgetting Novak Djocovich, who in my eyes is the best player in the world by a mile?
Reply 4097
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I'm not exactly 'happy' that Roger's out - he is such a great player to watch and he's always been a really nice person and a gentleman on court. It's quite a sad day actually, if this is the end of his being big at Wimbledon.

Yeah, it a shame to see one of the best records in tennis ended.
Reply 4098
Just Lol at all the Murray fans getting so excited. If two of the greatest of all times can get upset then surely a player like Murray who will never come close to matching Roger and Rafa's success can also suffer the same faith. You guys shouldn't get too ahead of yourself.

And don't underestimate Nole. He is the #1 and a former Wimbledon Champion, something Murray is still yet to achieve.
Having seen a few today you'd say Brown and Stakhovsky but there is the worry that they can't beat what happened today and just fizzle out. For that reason Im going to have a outside punt at a Paire-Melzer quarter with Paire winning.

Latest