The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Federerr has beaten Nadal at wimbeldon several times. In addition, the match he lost went to five sets and was *very* close. He has been the most consistent player. He beat a prime murray just last year by the way, and has beaten djoker several times, and was the one to end djokers 70odd match winning streak.

Federrerr plays classy tennis, and not just a defence-player who runs i.e murray/joker/ and though i love him, nadal.

[video="youtube_share;pMJ0-1GGf5k"]http://youtu.be/pMJ0-1GGf5k[/video]
Reply 4181
Where has all this sudden Fed hate come from?
"Federrer didn't sign my friends autograph so he is such a bad man" Dude, he is human and has off days.

Please watch this :

[video="youtube_share;7wqZpx0VW7E"]http://youtu.be/7wqZpx0VW7E[/video]
Original post by Roger1
You really don't know anything about tennis do you? The reason behind Nole and Fed's bad relationship is due to Nole being a bit of wuss in his earlier career, not to mention his annoying parents. It has nothing to do with Federer's ego. When did you start watching tennis? Not so long ago it seems.

I knew that already. But thanks for confirming what I knew...
Original post by Krish4791
About time too. Needs to be brought to an end ASAP to avoid transforming the thread into one of those pathetic men's tennis forums or B/R, which are designed specifically to bash every player in some way or another.

The worst culprits seem to have only a fleeting interest in tennis and so will probably jump ship when Wimbledon ends. Not sure if I can tolerate this BS for another 10 days though; I'm thinking of taking a break from this thread.
Federrerr's opponent played amazing tennis today, but this was not federrer's best. He was way better in the wimbeldon final, and the wimbeldon semi's last year, where he beat a prime murray and djocovich, despite being past his prime.

Furthermore, the serve and volley style truly caught him off.
Reply 4186
Original post by Ashnard
The worst culprits seem to have only a fleeting interest in tennis and so will probably jump ship when Wimbledon ends. Not sure if I can tolerate this BS for another 10 days though; I'm thinking of taking a break from this thread.

You mean there is tennis outside of Wimbledon? :confused:
Original post by Ashnard

Saying that just because people don't post in a TSR Tennis Society post all through the year means that they don't follow tennis apart from Wimbledon is a bit strange. It really is. Sometimes we have better things to do with our lives, like posting on Twitter or Facebook, or going to the pub and debating with our real friends.
Original post by one2three_abc
I know Djokovic is an arrogant knob. That is the whole point. He never tried to hide it, he openly mocked and mimicked all sorts of players on the tour. I absolutely loved him for that and am gutted he has been essentially forced to stop. My point is that everyone thinks Federer is some sort of saint, when in fact he is not.

And yes, that is one part of their relationship which soured, but you are wrong if you think that that is the only thing, they just plain don't get on. Nadal-Djokovic is a friendly rivalry...heated on court yes, but not backstage. Nadal gives Djokovic lots of praise, and vice versa. Murray Djokovic and Nadal are all incredibly tight.

Murray gives out nothing in his press conferences now, yes. But if you watched his earlier ones when he was about 18/19 he consistently lambasted people for calling him English, and had lots of good humour. Now he has been the wrong end of people saying he hates all things English, combined with people thinking Federer's closed personality is the way to go, he has become much more tepid.

You need to do more research...

ALL of the Top 4 heap praise on each other. Obviously you can think what you want of him but at the end of the day even Djoko, Rafa and Muzza don't truly know him. Rafa and Roger have been incredibly close over the past several years - look at the videos above.

No-one is perfect, but he's the ideal ambassador for this sport. If you would like to try and invade his life and see if you can expose his "true colours", then good luck with that quest. No point in us arguing anyway.
Saying that just because people don't post in a TSR Tennis Society post all through the year means that they don't follow tennis apart from Wimbledon is a bit strange. It really is. Sometimes we have better things to do with our lives, like posting on Twitter or Facebook, or going to the pub and debating with our real friends.

But why do you jump to this thread as soon as Federer loses a match? Or do you conveniently not have anything better to do at these particular moments?
Reply 4190
Original post by scapepower
Federerr has beaten Nadal at wimbeldon several times. In addition, the match he lost went to five sets and was *very* close. He has been the most consistent player. He beat a prime murray just last year by the way, and has beaten djoker several times, and was the one to end djokers 70odd match winning streak.

Federrerr plays classy tennis, and not just a defence-player who runs i.e murray/joker/ and though i love him, nadal.

[video="youtube_share;pMJ0-1GGf5k"]http://youtu.be/pMJ0-1GGf5k[/video]

Good knowledge...
I know Djokovic is an arrogant knob. That is the whole point. He never tried to hide it, he openly mocked and mimicked all sorts of players on the tour. I absolutely loved him for that and am gutted he has been essentially forced to stop. My point is that everyone thinks Federer is some sort of saint, when in fact he is not.

And yes, that is one part of their relationship which soured, but you are wrong if you think that that is the only thing, they just plain don't get on. Nadal-Djokovic is a friendly rivalry...heated on court yes, but not backstage. Nadal gives Djokovic lots of praise, and vice versa. Murray Djokovic and Nadal are all incredibly tight.

Murray gives out nothing in his press conferences now, yes. But if you watched his earlier ones when he was about 18/19 he consistently lambasted people for calling him English, and had lots of good humour. Now he has been the wrong end of people saying he hates all things English, combined with people thinking Federer's closed personality is the way to go, he has become much more tepid.

Federrerr has flaws and is human, we all know that. He used to be hot-headed in the 2000's and totally transformed and became cool and calm, and that in itself is a great model for everyone else. Nadal is fiesty on court, does that mean everyone else has to be? If individual players want to put across their persona in their own unique ways, each has a right to.

Who thinks that? I certainly don't however the important thing is that i'm not looking for Federer to be my friend as such don't care. His style of play is the most beautiful, mesmerizing tennis you'll ever see in my opinion and as such i don't give a crap how (deservedly) arrogant he is because frankly he's better than all the players on tour currently will ever be.
Original post by Slumpy
Good knowledge...

It was a high match streak, not sure how many but was definitely in those figures.

Lets not forget federrerr close to being in the final , two sets up third set match point against a prime djocovich only to blow and lose it.
Federrerr also plays the most-pleasing tennis. We all watch it because we enjoy watching it - other wise why do we watch sports? To support other people with their dreams while we waste time we could be using to develop our own dreams? No

We get something in return - enjoying the game.

I prefer Arsenal to clubs that win metal chinky trophies. Why? I don't win any trophies my self, i don't care who wins one or not, it isn't me lifting it. I watch football to enjoy the matches, hence i support a team that plays with a philosophy i like watching.
Original post by Prendah
Where has all this sudden Fed hate come from?

It's greater than ever today, just because his QF streak has ended. D'you remember the first TSR Tennis Society thread (back in 2006-2008ish)? Well back then, it was quite the opposite - it was all about Fed and how amazing he was. Probably people like to knock a man when he's down. Poor Rafa took a pasting on Monday in comments sections too.
Original post by Krish4791
But why do you jump to this thread as soon as Federer loses a match? Or do you conveniently not have anything better to do at these particular moments?

1) I haven't been on TSR for the 4 years of being at university, due to having better things to do with my life than sit on an internet forum dominated by pubescent teenagers. Over the last few months I have found my way back on, somehow through yes, boredom.

2) I regularly read and don't comment. Such to the degree that I have been a member of my football team's forum for coming up to 8 years and have about 25 posts.

3) Only when I find something of particular interest on a matter will I comment. i.e. Federer's loss, on which I thought I would back up people who said they thought he was false by supplying my 10+ years expanse of knowledge on the matter to the debate.
Reply 4197
It was a high match streak, not sure how many but was definitely in those figures.

Lets not forget federrerr close to being in the final , two sets up third set match point against a prime djocovich only to blow and lose it.

It was 40 odd (43 iirc). He won in the region of 70 matches over the year.
I'm assuming you're trolling based on your perpetual misspelling of players' names however.

It was in the 40's.
Original post by Slumpy
It was 40 odd (43 iirc). He won in the region of 70 matches over the year.
I'm assuming you're trolling based on your perpetual misspelling of players' names however.

44*

Spelling on an internet forum is not really an indicator of sincerity. In life, i like to focus on the meat of the issue, rather than the insignificant details on an forum.

The fedex beat a prime novak djocovich on clay in 2011. He almost beat a prime novak in the US open two sets up with a match point but blew it, and lets not forget, beat a prime novak in the wimbeldon final as well as a prime murray there too.

The fedex was not even in his prime there.

I also rate djoker

Latest