The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Octopus_Garden
Too many people dying horribly.

C'est vrai...
Reply 2921
Original post by constantmeowage
What the actual hell? O.o wow, you are too clever (even if you did self-teach Spanish). :eek: *kneels and worships*

Original post by thatitootoo
Ooh Ronove is not in the house...so I shall take these kind words as if they're intended for me...Thank you, I'm flattered! :biggrin:
I Ronove, try to inspire as many aspiring linguists as I can. :wink:

:rofl2:
So, I am here, Octopus_Garden! I followed your link which you have left in my profile. Please leave a message over here, if you read my comment.
Original post by Kallisto
So, I am here, Octopus_Garden! I followed your link which you have left in my profile. Please leave a message over here, if you read my comment.
Hello. There's one comment on my profile, that you posted last night. Do you mean that one, or a reply to my one?

If you posted again, it's not showing up on my profile.

EDIT: now it is!
(edited 10 years ago)
Hello. There's one comment on my profile, that you posted last night. Do you mean that one, or a reply to my one?

If you posted again, it's not showing up on my profile.

I meant your comment in my profile and my comment before was an answer. Nice to see you here. Do you really think that your plan works in an multilingual forum? are you sure there are enough members who speak French and want to help to translate a text? then I will begin with!
I meant your comment in my profile and my comment before was an answer. Nice to see you here. Do you really think that your plan works in an multilingual forum? are you sure there are enough members who speak French and want to help to translate a text? then I will begin with!
Almost everyone here speaks French better than me!

I come here to get help with my French. :smile:

Are you the helper from the German Learners' Society?
I think you and Grizzlybär used to answer some of my very basic questions last year? :redface:

Jetzt kann ich viel besser Deutsch sprechen! Aber mein Grammatik habe ich noch nicht verbessert! haha :cool:
(edited 10 years ago)

Je dirais que tu es plus bien :colondollar: (than me anyway)

As you may suppose! here is the text which I have found. I would love to understand it. I hope that your French grammar is good enough for translation.

C'est mon ami, Bibi
Quel beau bibifoc
Il est super gentil
Comme un bébé phoque
Quand j'ai besoin de lui
J'appelle Bibifoc
Si son bibeep fait bop
Il fonce droit dans la vie

{Refrain:}
Bibi bibi bibi bibifoc
Dans l'Antarctique
T'es l'roi des phoques
Bibi bibi bibi bibifoc
Ton amitié
Dure comme le roc

Il est super branché
Pour lui rien d'impossible
C'est un vrai passionné
Qui veut l'inaccessible
Dans l'univers glacé
Pays des Esquimaux
Grâce à notre amitié
Son coeur est bien au chaud

{au Refrain}

Quand on appelle Bibi
Il est toujours
En descendant la vie
Il fonce vers toi
Dans le bleu des glaciers
Il nous fait tous rêver
A la chasse aux méchants
Il est toujours gagnant

It is an opening lyrics to one of my favorite cartoons in my childhood. :smile: I would be very thankful, if you are able to translate the lyrics.

Google translate works for that!
Original post by Ronove
:rofl2:

I hope that's a ROFL of celebration? :tongue:
Original post by thatitootoo
Are you the helper from the German Learners' Society?
I think you and Grizzlybär used to answer some of my very basic questions last year? :redface:

Jetzt kann ich viel besser Deutsch sprechen! Aber mein Grammatik habe ich noch nicht verbessert! haha :cool:

I'm sure that I gave some answers to your questions in terms of German grammar last year. But I don't help members very often, as I'm not so good to explain German, although or precisely because it is my native language.
Reply 2932
I hope that's a ROFL of celebration? :tongue:

I'm not really feeling worthy of worship after chickening out of my Danish oral a week or so ago. :tongue:

It feels so weird to finally have a job and stuff. I found my Danish health insurance card waiting for me in the letterbox when we got back from the airport today too. It just seems too good to be true. I'm bound to get very restless very soon...
As you may suppose! here is the text which I have found. I would love to understand it. I hope that your French grammar is good enough for translation.

C'est mon ami, Bibi
Quel beau bibifoc
Il est super gentil
Comme un bébé phoque
Quand j'ai besoin de lui
J'appelle Bibifoc
Si son bibeep fait bop
Il fonce droit dans la vieit's my friend, Bibi
What a beautiful bibifoc
like a baby seal
when I have need of him
I call Bibifoc
if his [bibeep?] does the bop
he charges right into my life

{Refrain:}
Bibi bibi bibi bibifoc
Dans l'Antarctique
T'es l'roi des phoques
Bibi bibi bibi bibifoc
Ton amitié
Dure comme le roc

Bibi, bibi, bibi, bibifoc
in the Antarctic
You are the king of the seals
Bibi, bibi, bibi bibifoc
your friendship
firm1 as a rock

1or lasts like a rock

That's all so far. I don't know any French phrases or idioms, so it might be a trifle literal!
(edited 10 years ago)
it's my friend, Bibi
What a beautiful bibifoc
like a baby seal
when I have need of him
I call Bibifoc

in the Antarctic
Bibi, bibi, bibi bibifoc
your friendship
firm as a rock

That's all so far. I don't know any French phrases or idioms, so it might be a trifle literal!

Is bibifoc his name, or is it just short for bébé phoque? (J'adore le mot 'phoque' <3)
Reply 2935
it's my friend, Bibi
What a beautiful bibifoc
like a baby seal
when I have need of him
I call Bibifoc

in the Antarctic
Bibi, bibi, bibi bibifoc
your friendship
firm1 as a rock

1or lasts like a rock

This song sounds amazing. Or rather, reads amazingly. I haven't youtubed it (yet).

My guess is that the foc in bibifoc is actually phoque?
Original post by Ronove
I'm not really feeling worthy of worship after chickening out of my Danish oral a week or so ago. :tongue:

It feels so weird to finally have a job and stuff. I found my Danish health insurance card waiting for me in the letterbox when we got back from the airport today too. It just seems too good to be true. I'm bound to get very restless very soon...

Eh, I'm bent down now, I may as well continue now I can't get up. :tongue:

Random question, but does it get warm and sunny during the summer? That probably sounds really really stupid, but does it have a nice climate in Denmark or is it decidedly British? :tongue:
Is bibifoc his name, or is it just short for ? (J'adore le mot 'phoque' <3)
I think it's probably both! But I haven't finished reading the wiki.fr article on the Bibifoc series!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Google translate works for that!

If I translate the text into German, then google translator is useless (too bad grammar), but if I translate it into English, then it works quite good. Thanks!

Damn is German too difficult to translate, even for translation software?
Il faut que on voie les phoques :mmm:

Sounds like: eel ****er on voy lay ****

Latest

Trending

Trending