The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4320
Such a monumental bugger that Robson isn't in the other half of the draw.
Reply 4321
Original post by Prendah
Its hard to keep up the level Stakhovsky had against Federer.

I agree with that, but Roger in general struggled for much of the match on return, whereas Jurgen had some fantastic returns to break serve. This shouldn't be happening as Roger is a much better player than Meler in every department.

And it pisses me off how apathetic and nonchalant Roger always is, despite the number of unforced errors he makes. He should be smashing rackets like he used to.

On the bright side, double J is on his way to the next round.
(edited 10 years ago)
This performance just shows why Janovicz will be a bigger threat in the future then Raonic. On his way to face Jurgen by the look of it (although fair mental strength from Almagro to still be hanging in)
Original post by Roger1
The fact the Meler is beating Stakhovsky shows how much Federer has declined.

No it doesn't. All it proves is what we already know; someone ranked 116 is inconsistent.
Reply 4324
Original post by TheMagicRat
No it doesn't. All it proves is what we already know; someone ranked 116 is inconsistent.

Federer has declined though. Federer of 2004-2009 would never lose to player ranked this low in a grand slam.
Amazing from Janowicz, played really well and it was very good especially 15-30 down serving for the match. And with the exit of Raonic and Dimitrov early it really does make me believe that Janowicz and Tomic seem to have the ability to take advantage of an ever open draw and make a deep run in a GS. I think a Murray Janowicz semi might be on the cards:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Laura Robson. :love:
Original post by Roger1
Federer has declined though. Federer of 2004-2009 would never lose to player ranked this low in a grand slam.
I agree he has declined but at the end of the day no one can take his 17 GS & numerous other achievements away from him & is arguably the GOAT. The streak of 36 consecutive GS QFs was an incredible record itself & had to end sometime, although admittedly I didn't think it'd be on Wednesday.
Original post by Roger1

Yes but a match that doesn't involve him is not proof of anything.
"federrerr is fake and has no personality"

[video="youtube_share;Cb8Fsc9pKCs"]http://youtu.be/Cb8Fsc9pKCs[/video]
I despise anyone at Wimby that says 'Come on Andy'
Reply 4331
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Are you one of the people who shouts out "Come on Tim!"?

I shouted it once... When watching Roddick.
Original post by Hopple
Are you one of the people who shouts out "Come on Tim!"?

Nope. I like watching people suffer when Andy bottles it year after year.

Original post by TheMagicRat
I shouted it once... When watching Roddick.

I remember doing the same during his 2009 QF :adore:
Nope. I like watching people suffer when Andy bottles it year after year.

I remember doing the same during his 2009 QF :adore:

Well, he won't bottle it this year - the only people who have a chance against him are Janowicz (potential semi-final) and obviously Djokovic. Remember, no-one left in the draw has beaten Andy at Wimbledon. But if either of these two do, they would have outplayed him rather than him bottling it.

Sent from The Student Room's Mobile App
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4335
Original post by Krish4791
Well, he won't bottle it this year - the only people who have a chance against him are Janowicz (potential semi-final) and obviously Djokovic. Remember, no-one left in the draw has beaten Andy at Wimbledon. But if either of these two do, they would have outplayed him rather than him bottling it.

Sent from The Student Room's Mobile App

I found the stat that nobody left has beaten him at wimbledon pretty mental. Seems so hard to look past Andy-Djok final now.
Unfortunately for Robredo he just is exactly the type of player Murray can pick off at ease.

Similar to this is Youzhny and Troicki just doesn't have the mental game against any top player. Therefore it's not till the quarters where anyone can realistically win against him (with God mode!)
Original post by hskjlclcn
Unfortunately for Robredo he just is exactly the type of player Murray can pick off at ease.

Similar to this is Youzhny and Troicki just doesn't have the mental game against any top player. Therefore it's not till the quarters where anyone can realistically win against him (with God mode!)

For some reason, I can only see Djokovic being the only real challenger to Murray
Well played Murray. On to the next one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
impressive by murray

Latest