The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ronove
You need to be very careful about doing Dutch as one of your four AS Levels or one of your three A2s. Since you're a native speaker, some universities will not accept it, which will leave you with less than the normal amount of qualifications.

Edit: Though Anthropology sounds fascinating. :biggrin:

:wink: For all intents and purposes, I shall consider myself a non-native Dutch speaker. :wink:
Tbh, I'm probably going to apply to universities who lean more towards the UCAS point system...as I'm not going to get AAABB :L

The course seems pretty cool as well, though I'll probably drop it after AS:tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Ich sitze hier in der Bibliothek mit der fabelhaften Octopus!
Sie versucht mich Deutsch und Franzoesisch zu lehren! :awesome:
Original post by thatitootoo
Ich sitze hier in der Bibliothek mit der fabelhaften Octopus!
Sie versucht mich Deutsch und Franzoesisch zu lehren! :awesome:
Ce n'est pas vrai.

Je n'ai pas essayé de apprendre1 le français à lui. Ich habe auch ihm wenig2 Deutsch gelehrt. I just sat next to him and made him do German exercises on Kerboodle.

1Should this be enseigner?

2This feels wrong.
Gaeilge?

Mais je peux tchater en Francais...
Original post by aasvogel
Gaeilge?

Mais je peux tchater en Francais...
Non. Je veux apprendre le gaélique un jour.
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Ce n'est pas vrai.

Je n'ai pas essayé de apprendre1 le français à lui. Ich habe auch ihm wenig2 Deutsch gelehrt. I just sat next to him and made him do German exercises on Kerboodle.

2This feels wrong.

1) oui :tongue:
2) weniges?
Original post by constantmeowage
2) weniges?

Now this is the confusing thing.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english-french/teach?showCookiePolicy=true

Do you see why I put apprendre? Can I use enseigner, given I'm not talking about the qualified teacher kind of teaching?
(edited 10 years ago)
Now this is the confusing thing.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english-french/teach?showCookiePolicy=true

Do you see why I put apprendre? Can I use enseigner, given I'm not talking about the qualified teacher kind of teaching?

Touché, I would agree with you. :tongue:
Touché, I would agree with you. :tongue:

I don't feel confident about either of them!

Even if the dictionary says apprendre, the idea of a word meaning both to teach to someone and to learn hurts my poor English mind!
I don't feel confident about either of them!

Even if the dictionary says apprendre, the idea of a word meaning both to teach to someone and to learn hurts my poor English mind!

I believe it's the same in Welsh :tongue: (dysgu) :wink:
I believe it's the same in Welsh :tongue: (dysgu) :wink:
And to think I was pointing out to poor Thatitootoo earlier this afternoon, that he couldn't use lernen to mean teach, for that very reason. I was really patronising about it, as well.
And to think I was pointing out to poor Thatitootoo earlier this afternoon, that he couldn't use lernen to mean teach, for that very reason. I was really patronising about it, as well.

Aye, but German is German, and French is French :tongue: differences and stuff :tongue:
2) weniges?

Ce n'est pas vrai.

2This feels wrong.

De lui apprendre is the best variant :smile:

Loooolololol I was surprised you can't say "... zu lernen"
To teach / to learn is the same "leren" verb in Dutch! :O

What about this oui being pronounced as "way" instead of "wee" business, Lady? :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by thatitootoo
Loooolololol I was surprised you can't say "... zu lernen"
To teach / to learn is the same "leren" verb in Dutch! :O

What about this oui being pronounced as "way" instead of "wee" business, Lady? :wink:
That's... NOT WHAT I SAID.
*takes large book*
*hits thatitootoo with it*
That's... NOT WHAT I SAID.
*takes large book*
*hits thatitootoo with it*

Ich kann mich nicht mehr sehr gut erinnern, wie du das Wort gestern ausgesprochen hast! Aber es hörte mir nur anders an, dann das "wee" woran ich gewöhnt bin :tongue:

You hit me too much...wollen Sie das ich ein Konkussion bekommen soll? :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Willst du, dass or Wollen Sie, dass.
Es gibt einen riesigen Bär hier. Kleinkinder weinen überall!
Willst du, dass or Wollen Sie, dass.

Damn I knew that :facepalm:
Eigentlich wollte ich dich fragen...
Ob du gewollen hast würden (if you would have wanted?), dass ich an eine sehr schwere Kopfschmerzen leiden sollte? ^^
(edited 10 years ago)
google translate says "gewollt hätte" :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending