The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Student Court @ Wembley

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kelli.r
Any student account will give you a pretty decent overdraft, I'm eith Santander and get £1,500

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't want to get into my overdraft even before my course starts! In just going to ring them and explain my entire situation and agree that I'll pay the full 2K whatever when I get my student finance its so annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by farihaaah
I don't want to get into my overdraft even before my course starts! In just going to ring them and explain my entire situation and agree that I'll pay the full 2K whatever when I get my student finance its so annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me either it's only in case I absolutely have to (it is called a student account for a reason). I think I saw someone in another thread say that as long as you prove when your getting your student finance they'll let you pay it late, but I'm not sure how true that is.
Reply 142
Original post by kelli.r
Yeah me either it's only in case I absolutely have to (it is called a student account for a reason). I think I saw someone in another thread say that as long as you prove when your getting your student finance they'll let you pay it late, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Well that's just the problem I'm talking about here, they won't let you do that. They want it before our loans full stop.. calling up and explaining the situation is exactly what I tried to do! :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 143
Original post by Luke070
Just brought back up the email that I was given for the accommodation offer - it says: First instalment of rent is for a period of 17 weeks (17 x £159) = £2,703 due on 6th September 2013.

Did they specify how much they wanted before we started when you spoke to them on the phone?

If you're going to have a problem paying they said 8 weeks payment of around a grand is acceptable, then pay the rest when loan comes through. However for that we need to call up to pay and we need to send them a letter from student finance.
Original post by Tigrah99
Well that's just the problem I'm talking about here, they won't let you do that. They want it before our loans.

Well actually student finance told me to show proof to the accommodation we'll be living.. I'm pretty sure everybody in uni I know pays the first rent when they HAVE moved in! So it's either apt students wants rich student to pay first ... Or otherwise they are ridiculously stupid at setting payments for us ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Already headache even before starting the course !!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 146
Original post by Tigrah99
616 east if there's places left, you'll have a blast with us ;D

Ohh God damn it(( i booked the 5th floor, room 509D as i remember) Hope it is a party place :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Original post by chipchad
Anyone near flat 523? Or level 5? I have no one so far!

I am in 5th floor. Room 509D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kelli.r
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in 303 I think it's north but I'm not 100%. Still I'm so glad I found someone else on the same floor!

Hi i'm 304, next door! :biggrin: Is there anyone else on level 3?
Reply 149
Original post by paleophelia
Hi i'm 304, next door! :biggrin: Is there anyone else on level 3?

Yay finally someone close to me!
Original post by kelli.r
Yay finally someone close to me!

Haha I am so excited! What will you be studying?
Reply 151
Original post by paleophelia
Haha I am so excited! What will you be studying?

English lit, you?
I haven't seen a single person on Floor 8. (818C for me.) Am I just gonna be up in the heavens on my bill??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kelli.r
English lit, you?

Me too! But with creative writing too :biggrin:
Reply 154
Just spoke to the accommodation people. At least £1272 must be paid on the 6th or we don't receive our keys. Is anyone else panicking...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, I am not going to Westminster if they want us to pay on 6th sept... That's stupid and well I refuse to pay on that day. Besides I may not get in so it all decides on the grades I want, if I get BBC and not BBB Westminster wants... I would probably go to Kingston.. If we show our SLC to Westminster and they won't let me pay on the enrolment days I go in there is no point of me going there as ill be paying more for where I live than having for living costs x

Posted from TSR Mobile
flat 321! had to phone up to ask lol
Reply 157
Guys, can I just ask, I read rooms are ensuite but do they not have a shower? :s-smilie: I cannot see one in the picture should I be worried? And also, are there any pictures of the rooms available besides the one on the uni's website?
Original post by sk327
Guys, can I just ask, I read rooms are ensuite but do they not have a shower? :s-smilie: I cannot see one in the picture should I be worried? And also, are there any pictures of the rooms available besides the one on the uni's website?

they do have a shower, don't worry! check the photo albums on the apt student living facebook :smile:
Reply 159
Anyone near 719?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending