The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TPJY
sorry to hear you didn't get the offers you wanted! where else did you apply?

Warwick, Imperial, Bath and QUB.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Hello everyone, I'll probably be applying to LSE for straight Economics. Anyone know if I will need to declare UMS for this course at LSE? I've heard that for some courses you need to.

Hopefully I can make my personal statement really good over the summer.
Reply 42
Original post by Giant
Hello everyone, I'll probably be applying to LSE for straight Economics. Anyone know if I will need to declare UMS for this course at LSE? I've heard that for some courses you need to.

Hopefully I can make my personal statement really good over the summer.

All courses in the economics department ask for UMS.
Reply 43
Original post by CD315
All courses in the economics department ask for UMS.

More pressure come August then. I suppose it's fair enough considering the volume and the quality of students applying there. There must be some sort of way to differentiate between them, especially as there is no interviews.

It is a bit unfair however that someone who may have had a bad day be considered as a "worse" applicant than someone else because they might have made a silly mistake that cost a few UMS points.
Reply 44
Original post by Giant
More pressure come August then. I suppose it's fair enough considering the volume and the quality of students applying there. There must be some sort of way to differentiate between them, especially as there is no interviews.

It is a bit unfair however that someone who may have had a bad day be considered as a "worse" applicant than someone else because they might have made a silly mistake that cost a few UMS points.

I think PS is more important. I know a guy who got in and had a few 80s (if you consider that bad) in his modules.
Reply 45
Original post by CD315
Warwick, Imperial, Bath and QUB.

oh deecent, so youre rejecting warwick!?
Reply 46
Original post by TPJY
oh deecent, so youre rejecting warwick!?

Yes and Imperial.
Reply 47
Original post by CD315
Yes and Imperial.

Forgive me for asking, but why on earth are you rejecting Warwick? It was the best university for economics last year and even if those rankings aren't anything to go by, it's undoubtably one of the best universities in the countries.
Reply 48
Original post by CD315
Yes and Imperial.

swag
dya reckon you'll get 4A*s?
Original post by Giant
Forgive me for asking, but why on earth are you rejecting Warwick? It was the best university for economics last year and even if those rankings aren't anything to go by, it's undoubtably one of the best universities in the countries.

one of the best, don't believe that it's the best for economics that's ridiculous
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by TPJY
swag
dya reckon you'll get 4A*s?

one of the best, don't believe that it's the best for economics that's ridiculous

Close to it.
Reply 50
Hi everyone, I've been looking at the social policy with gov degree lately. Possibly applying depending on my AS results. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by stirkee
I'm gonna apply for accounting and finance at LSE- its my first choice uni :biggrin:

Same! What GCSE do you have and AS level subject/predictions?
Reply 52
Original post by anyap
Same! What GCSE do you have and AS level subject/predictions?

off the top of my head,

3 A* at IGCSE
4 A* at GCSE
7 A at GCSE

A at Additional maths

---

A2:
Maths A*
Further Maths A? (dunno, havent started it yet)
Economics A
Pre-U History D2/3 (this equates to an A+ to an A*+)

already have A at AS Maths and Econ
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by stirkee
off the top of my head,

3 A* at IGCSE
4 A* at GCSE
7 A at GCSE

A at Additional maths

---

A2:
Maths A*
Further Maths A? (dunno, havent started it yet)
Economics A
Pre-U History D2/3 (this equates to an A+ to an A*+)

already have A at AS Maths and Econ

wow that's impressive! Are you international?
im Russian and got 4 a* 1a 5b and a 1c in art GCSE .
aiming for AS
A maths
A economics
A psychology
B/c physics

already have A* Russian a2
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
Anyone going to the open day for lse on Wednesday?
Original post by tigerz

I am hoping to yeah, looking forward to the Philosophy and Economics talks :smile:

You planned which talks you're going to?
Reply 56
Original post by thisisjokes
I am hoping to yeah, looking forward to the Philosophy and Economics talks :smile:

You planned which talks you're going to?

Unfortunately i'm not going :frown: They all got booked and full, I even have a day of school on Wednesday! The website said to come and you might be able to get into a few talks but...
If I was going I would of gone into Maths and Econ :smile: Hope you have fun lemme know how it goes!
Original post by tigerz

Yea, I'm going! I just booked my train tickets too. My friends have told me that lse is an amazing pace so I'll be looking forward to it!

It's a shame you can't go though. :/
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Epic Flawless
Yea, I'm going! I just booked my train tickets too. My friends have told me that lse is an amazing pace so I'll be looking forward to it!

It's a shame you can't go though. :/
Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, ahh I live close to lse so I might just pop down, if there's no spots for me i'll just go shopping :lol:
Yeah it looks pretty cool
Reply 59
Going there on Wednesday:smile: can't wait!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending