The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatitootoo
Damn I knew that :facepalm:
Eigentlich wollte ich dich fragen...
Ob du gewollen hast würden (if you would have wanted?), dass ich an eine sehr schwere Kopfschmerzen leiden sollte? ^^

I was going to say that you put the infinitive (wollen), but because it's a wollen + dass construction, I would say:

Ob du wolltest, dass ich unter sehr schwere (schweren?) Kopfschmerzen leiden sollte?
Italian AS has been called off :sadnod:

I think, if the college allows me to I'll do Spanish instead of Geography. I don't have a GCSE in it though, hence they might say no...

:gah: they've put me down for double maths :lolwut:
Original post by constantmeowage
I was going to say that you put the infinitive (wollen), but because it's a wollen + dass construction, I would say:

Ob du wolltest, dass ich unter sehr schwere (schweren?) Kopfschmerzen leiden sollte?

:facepalm: You won't believe this right...BUT THAT'S THE FIRST THING I PUT BEFORE CHANGING MY MIND 22 TIMES! :lol:

I thought Kopfschmerzen was feminine :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Italian AS has been called off :sadnod:

I think, if the college allows me to I'll do Spanish instead of Geography. I don't have a GCSE in it though, hence they might say no...

:gah: they've put me down for double maths :lolwut:

You're gonna resit AL Maths? What is Cambridge going to think...:rolleyes:
Does CSFC offer evening clases in languages?
(edited 10 years ago)
You're gonna resit AL Maths? What is Cambridge going to think...:rolleyes:
Does CSFC offer evening clases in languages?

No :s-smilie: don't know why they've put me down for that... :lol: although I might just go the maths and show them up :ahee: with some FP2 ****

Not that I know of... :frown:
No :s-smilie: don't know why they've put me down for that... :lol: although I might just go the maths and show them up :ahee: with some FP2 ****

Not that I know of... :frown:

It's 'cause you probably applied for "further maths" on your application, they would have assumed that to mean Maths + Further...unless you specified otherwise...then in that case, it's just plain ignorance on their part :tongue:

If they did, I would have encouraged you to pursue a GCSE in German :colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
:facepalm: You won't believe this right...BUT THAT'S THE FIRST THING I PUT BEFORE CHANGING MY MIND 22 TIMES! :lol:

I thought Kopfschmerzen was feminine :tongue:

I think Kopfschmerzen is plural.
Original post by constantmeowage
I think Kopfschmerzen is plural.

Oh I just call all the "die" words feminine! :wink:
It's 'cause you probably applied for "further maths" on your application, they would have assumed that to mean Maths + Further...unless you specified otherwise...then in that case, it's just plain ignorance on their part :tongue:

If they did, I would have encouraged you to pursue a GCSE in German :colone:

Oh right :rolleyes: I said f.maths because I've done maths :colonhash:

Hmmm... I wouldn't do any more GCSEs... AS or nothing :mmm: and my AS Spanish would have a higher grade (or UMS in same grade) than German :ahee:
Oh I just call all the "die" words feminine!
I've noticed!
Original post by Octopus_Garden
I've noticed!

Ich bin da tatsächlich an gewöhnt :tongue:

Oh right :rolleyes: I said f.maths because I've done maths :colonhash:

Hmmm... I wouldn't do any more GCSEs... AS or nothing :mmm: and my AS Spanish would have a higher grade (or UMS in same grade) than German :ahee:

Become good friends with the head of CSFC's language department...then casually show her what The Evil Fish can do...and then I'm sure she'll bend the admission rules in your favor. This should preferebly be done before the first real week of term. (so during the freshers/taster week nonsense)

It worked for me...:cool:

Become good friends with the head of CSFC's language department...then casually show her what The Evil Fish can do...and then I'm sure she'll bend the admission rules in your favor. This should preferebly be done before the first real week of term. (so during the freshers/taster week nonsense)

So self teach Spanish AS for year 12, and German AS for year 13!

:teehee: I'll ask for their resources... :h:
So self teach Spanish AS for year 12, and German AS for year 13!

:teehee: I'll ask for their resources... :h:

I would drop Geo for a language any day...mais c'est bon!
Reply 3053

Ich bin daran gewöhnt.
Original post by Ronove
Ich bin daran gewöhnt.

I try to be experimental
I fail :tongue:
Why can't I just make use of grammar books like everyone else ><

Was hältst du von:

"Ich habe wirklich die Gewohnheit" oder "Ich bin wirklich die Gewohnheit bekommen"
??
:hopeful:
(edited 10 years ago)
I try to be experimental
I fail :tongue:
Why can't I just make use of grammar books like everyone else ><

Ich bin wirklich die Gewohnheit bekommen?
If you don't get over your aversion to grammar books, this is you on AS-level results day 2014!

hangman6.gif
So, either get over it, or drop out of college early, and move to Germany instead, to learn via immersion!
If you don't get over your aversion to grammar books, this is you on AS-level results day 2014!

hangman6.gif
So, either get over it, or drop out of college early, and move to Germany instead, to learn via immersion!

Ich muss mich nur daran gewöhnen, weil ich im Moment die Gewohnheit nicht habe!

Option 2 looks good but I don't really have that option atm :wink:
There you go then. Decision made. Have you got that app yet?
There you go then. Decision made. Have you got that app yet?

Welches App?
Hangman? :redface:
Ooh just got zee message :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending