The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3400
Original post by VaVe
To join in with the hair discussion I haven't had mine cut since September and it's now Long (capital necessary). Also since all my layers have grown out it's really really hard to deal with, had to use two lots of conditioner this morning and I was still fighting with it for a good 20 minutes. I just hate going to the hairdressers.

My brother has his friends round drinking so I'm stuck upstairs. I managed to bargain with him so that he will sleep upstairs the rest of this week meaning I can watch tv or play my ps3 if I can't sleep so that's a step forwards at least.
I want to apply for a job but I need to fill out an application form rather than use my CV and they want me to put down my references. Thing is, I haven't asked the people I was planning to use, yet. I emailed one a very very brief message but hopefully that will be fine. The other one is my current boss and while I am looking for work that won't clash with anything I do at the minute it does feel slightly cheeky. Kinda need one of her though since I'm applying for a role in a school and I currently work with children so she can say I have some experience.
I'm debating the wisdom of being drunk while applying for jobs. I'm doing all the applications (except the one I want) through recruitment websites so it's literally click a button to apply and send my CV. Problem is I'm not sure if I can get to all of the places that I've applied to work.
Not actually a concern since I'm not going to get any of the jobs but I can dream of earning minimum wage.

That's exactly the reason... Well one of the reasons... I ended up getting dreadlocks. Hairdressers really freak me out, so by having hair that never needs cutting or styling or warrants going to a hairdresser for any reason I eliminate all salon-related anxiety. I feel for you about the conditioner thing too. Before dreads my hair was just completely unmanageable without having to dump half a bottle of the stuff on my head and then comb/brush it for half an hour to get the tangles out. Now I don't need to condition, just shampoo, dry and go.

Well done on applying for jobs! I hope something good does come out of it for you!

Well I've had a really ****ty day, and then watched an episode of Bones in the evening which triggered the 3rd panic attack of the day. I've just about had it with the day. At least tomorrow I get to see the midwife and talk about all my mental health stuff, and hopefully get this heartburn sorted out. We also get our new fridge freezer tomorrow so I can stop living on dry pasta and soup. I hope it is a better day than today.
Did a lot of opening up this evening about things I never talk about unless I'm really scared. Sorta feels good to get some of it out there but it's kinda triggering some stuff too. Obviously bringing it up means i'm thinking about it again and it's also meant that i'm a bit worried about the consequences of me telling them. Will others find out? Will they think i'm crazy? Etc etc. Also made me worry about times i've told people things and they stopped being my friend. I don't know if they'll keep it private now that we're no longer friends. :s-smilie:
Anyway i've decided i'm going to try to see the psychiatrist again. They seem to be the only professional I feel comfortable talking about a lot of it to and they're also the most qualified with this sort of thing. Dunno how open i'll be though. I think i'll be most open if i'm having a bad phase cos i'll be scared and want them to help but if i'm in a good-ish phase i'll probably be more reluctant to talk and under exagerate a lot of it like last time. Ah well hopefully i'll remember to say everything. Unfortionately it's something i'm too worried to write down so i'll have to trust my memory.

Sorry, I'm still being really unsupportive to you guys, I just can't bring myself to read a lot of things at the moment let alone reply. I hope you're all feeling well :hugs: I'm sure I will get around to replying again soon though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic
Well I've had a really ****ty day, and then watched an episode of Bones in the evening which triggered the 3rd panic attack of the day. I've just about had it with the day. At least tomorrow I get to see the midwife and talk about all my mental health stuff, and hopefully get this heartburn sorted out. We also get our new fridge freezer tomorrow so I can stop living on dry pasta and soup. I hope it is a better day than today.

:jumphug: I really hope the midwife goes well tomorrow, and yay for your fridge-freezer coming! :tongue: Talk soon!
Hi, had a busy day and after table tennis crashed on the couch. Was fun but so exhausting, hope everyone is doing well, good night people!
Spent most of last night being a paranoid mess convinced people were either trying to get in my yent or were taking pegs out. Cue thinking about when this happened in the past...

I guess im having fun. I think... :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3405
Midwife can't make it. Had so many things to ask her. Mad with worry now.
Original post by PonchoKid
Spent most of last night being a paranoid mess convinced people were either trying to get in my yent or were taking pegs out. Cue thinking about when this happened in the past...

I guess im having fun. I think... :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: it's okay, they won't im sure :smile: and don't worry cause next time you go camping I will be there to protect you :h:

fun is good so enjoy it! :smile: :lovehug:

Original post by HmMusic
Midwife can't make it. Had so many things to ask her. Mad with worry now.

:console: don't panic! hopefully all will be okay, are they coming later/another day instead?
Reply 3407
Original post by SciFiRory
:hugs: it's okay, they won't im sure :smile: and don't worry cause next time you go camping I will be there to protect you :h:

fun is good so enjoy it! :smile: :lovehug:

:console: don't panic! hopefully all will be okay, are they coming later/another day instead?

Not until next Monday now. I will be full term then. If I had a hospital midwife instead of a community one it would be fine. I'm just feeling really vulnerable right now and don't know what's going to happen in the next few weeks.
Reply 3408
Original post by HmMusic
Not until next Monday now. I will be full term then. If I had a hospital midwife instead of a community one it would be fine. I'm just feeling really vulnerable right now and don't know what's going to happen in the next few weeks.

Sorry to hear what's happened :console: Is there any way you could phone her maybe, and talk through your questions and queries? (Sorry I'm not really sure how it all works :colondollar:) It's understandable that you're feeling vulnerable and anxious, but we're here to help whenever you need support, I hope you're okay :hugs:
Reply 3409
Original post by 08batee
Sorry to hear what's happened :console: Is there any way you could phone her maybe, and talk through your questions and queries? (Sorry I'm not really sure how it all works :colondollar:) It's understandable that you're feeling vulnerable and anxious, but we're here to help whenever you need support, I hope you're okay :hugs:

Yeah it's probably cos she had to go do a home birth which I can understand, it's just annoying that she can't see me until the 8th. I texted her a couple of questions but I really want to be able to see someone sooner. Got consultant on Thursday anyway so maybe I can ask her instead.
Reply 3410
Original post by HmMusic
Yeah it's probably cos she had to go do a home birth which I can understand, it's just annoying that she can't see me until the 8th. I texted her a couple of questions but I really want to be able to see someone sooner. Got consultant on Thursday anyway so maybe I can ask her instead.

Yeah, that is rather a long time given how far pregnant you are now :console: Ah okay, well I really hope that you're able to talk it through with your consultant. Remember to be kind to yourself and keep as relaxed as you can hun :hugs:
Reply 3411
I've been so tired today for some reason. No idea why, I did get enough sleep last night so I shouldn't be tired. I've had no chance in my antidepressants so it shouldn't be them too. I haven't felt like eating much today either but it hasn't been long since I ate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3412
Hey people :smile:
Thought i'd come say Hi.
Looking forward to jumping into some random chat with you guys.
Reply 3413
Original post by zonkfrog
Thought i'd come say Hi.

:hi:

Welcome!

:jumphug:
Reply 3414
Original post by 08batee
:hi:

Welcome!

:jumphug:

Thanks 08batee

Love the jumphug! :smile:
Thought i'd come say Hi.

Hi! :smile:
Original post by HmMusic

:jumphug: I really hope you can at least discuss some of it with the consultant when you see her. It must be so stressful. Always here if you need me.
Reply 3417
Thanks 08batee

Love the jumphug! :smile:

No worries :h: Hope you're okay :smile:
Reply 3418
Original post by LesPaul_Player91
Hi! :smile:

Original post by 08batee
No worries :h: Hope you're okay :smile:

Proving a friendly thread already :smile: I'm not doing too bad today.
Dodgy start but better afternoon. Anyone up to anything exciting with their Saturday?
Reply 3419
Proving a friendly thread already :smile: I'm not doing too bad today.
Dodgy start but better afternoon. Anyone up to anything exciting with their Saturday?

Glad you're not too bad today :yep: :hugs:
Well I was going to go to a party tonight (dressed up as a banana :awesome: ) but not so sure whether I'll go as my mood has been pretty rubbish all day and I'm quite tired :redface: How about you?

Latest