The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4420
Original post by hayles101
What's your problem..you wouldn't be saying that if it was the other way around would you? You'd be saying that Laura got lucky in the first set and the difference in quality was now coming through.

She's winning the match now however you dress it up..stop being so bloody negative. :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Laura has got a bit lucky. She hasn't played especially well over the match (although the third set has looked pretty good), but wasn't punished for it.
Original post by Slumpy
I think Laura has got a bit lucky. She hasn't played especially well over the match (although the third set has looked pretty good), but wasn't punished for it.

She hasn't played especially well, but neither has her opponent. Where is the luck?
Reply 4422
Some annoying guy keep shouting 'Come on' every time Laura wins a point. I wanna slap his face.

Anyway, I'm happy for Laura, although she did get a bit lucky with her opponent choking whilst serving for the match.
Original post by Roger1
Some annoying guy keep shouting 'Come on' every time Laura wins a point. I wanna slap his face.

Anyway, I'm happy for Laura, although she did get a bit lucky with her opponent choking whilst serving for the match.

Let's hope she doesn't choke now...
FFS, Robson better win soon. I want Tomic back on!
Reply 4425
Original post by manchesterunited15
She hasn't played especially well, but neither has her opponent. Where is the luck?

That her opponent is playing badly. Given her level today, surely this is clear?
Anyways, match point...
Robson has done it!!!
Original post by little_wizard123
Robson has been embarrassing in my opinion. I know she's nervous but the number of unforced errors compared to her opponent is awful.

About to break back though as her opponent is obviously nervous as hell on her serve.

Perhaps, but what about the number of double faults on Erakovic's part? I don't think she's been 'embarrassing'.

Oh Laura. :adore:

(Yes, I know she didn't play very well, and was pitiful in the first set, but...:woo: )
Original post by Rakas21
FFS, Robson better win soon. I want Tomic back on!

Red button?
Original post by KingMessi
Perhaps, but what about the number of double faults on Erakovic's part? I don't think she's been 'embarrassing'.

Oh Laura. :adore:

(Yes, I know she didn't play very well, and was pitiful in the first set, but...:woo: )

Tbf she did well in the final set. Her opponent caved in but she did well to finish her off as towards the end Erakovic started to come back into it.

Might try to get tickets to Centre Court for Tuesday now!
Original post by little_wizard123
Tbf she did well in the final set. Her opponent caved in but she did well to finish her off as towards the end Erakovic started to come back into it.

Might try to get tickets to Centre Court for Tuesday now!

I thought so, even if I feared for her a little when she got broken back. She didn't play well, but it's still very pleasing to see her get through and overall it wasn't a bad performance - at least, I don't think so.

Do you think that's a possibility?
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Red button?

TV's are so last year. :tongue:

Na, i just stream from the internet.
Original post by Rakas21
TV's are so last year. :tongue:

Na, i just stream from the internet.

The BBC Sport website has all the tennis matches
Few have took that the wrong way
I meant that if Erakovic didn't let her performance drop, she'd have won it in straight sets - if Robson lets a better standard of opponent (Williams in QF) get that free first set then she's in trouble
That's all I'm saying, not trying to belittle her comeback in any way
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TH3-FL45H
The BBC Sport website has all the tennis matches

Dam, wish i'd known that before.

Thanks.
To those who know more about tennis than I do (i.e. most) what do you think Robson's chances are of beating either Riske or Kanepi? Robson is ranked higher but I know people perform differently on different surfaces, and form coming into the tournament plays a big part, so...
Tomic wins too!
Reply 4437
Amazing tiebreak and win by Tomic
Original post by Skkc16
Amazing tiebreak and win by Tomic

My TV seems to be behind. :erm:
Reply 4439
Original post by KingMessi
My TV seems to be behind. :erm:

BBC were showing it slightly behind.

Latest