The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
It's not that time consuming :lol: plus I want to start tennis and an instrument, probably won't happen... :frown:

What about that singing career you're secretly pursuing?
I HAVE been on your soundcloud account!:wink: :wink:
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Non. Je veux apprendre le gaélique un jour.

J'ai vu votre réponse et j'ai pensé que j'ai trouvé quelqu'un qui pouvait parler irlandais. :frown:
(is this correct btw?)
Original post by thatitootoo
What about that singing career you're secretly pursuing?
I HAVE been on your soundcloud account!:wink: :wink:

:mmm:

It's not that bad okay?:hand: :teehee:
:mmm:

It's not that bad okay?:hand: :teehee:

Très cute! :tongue: :tongue:
Original post by Ronove
Oh I see! How ironic. :tongue:
J'adore Monsieur Sick!

Oooh, I need your expert opinion on something. I want to own a Langenscheid Deutsch als Fremdsprache Woerterbuch. As it's a big purchase, I want an up-to-date version, obviously. There aren't any editions that have been just been published. The most recent ones were printed seven to eight years ago. Do you think a new edition is due to be published, or do you think that I'll have to wait five years or something for the next one? I've been googling around, but I haven't found anything yet.

The editions I could find on the UK site: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=langenscheidt%20deutsch%20als%20Fremdsprache
Original post by aasvogel
J'ai vu votre réponse et j'ai pensé que j'ai trouvé quelqu'un qui pouvait parler irlandais. :frown:
(is this correct btw?)
The grammar? Je ne sais pas. I am very bad at French!
Original post by aasvogel
(is this correct btw?)

Your username literally means ace-bird in Dutch...did you know that? :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Très cute! :tongue: :tongue:

:frown:

Je ne chantais pas correctement :tongue: j'avais * fun :wink: messing around
The grammar? Je ne sais pas. I am very bad at French!

Oui! Oh okay - pas probleme!
Your username literally means ace-bird in Dutch...did you know that? :wink:

I knew it was an Afrikaans word for vulture! And I knew 'vogel' was bird, but didn't know it was that in Dutch. :tongue:
It's basically vulture in German too. Literally, it's something like carrion-bird. (The usual word for vulture is Aasgeier.)
Reply 3091
J'adore Monsieur Sick!

Oooh, I need your expert opinion on something. I want to own a Langenscheid Deutsch als Fremdsprache Woerterbuch. As it's a big purchase, I want an up-to-date version, obviously. There aren't any editions that have been just been published. The most recent ones were printed seven to eight years ago. Do you think a new edition is due to be published, or do you think that I'll have to wait five years or something for the next one? I've been googling around, but I haven't found anything yet.

The editions I could find on the UK site: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=langenscheidt%20deutsch%20als%20Fremdsprache

I think I have the Großwörterbuch version - the second one on there. I have no idea when a new one is likely to come out unfortunately. Though luckily I don't think it matters for you in the slightest. There is nothing advanced in these dictionaries, and as far as I know there are very few neologisms as well. It's a dictionary for learners of German, not for natives, so there's no reason for them to put anything fancy or questionable in them. That's probably why there's never any new versions - there are no changes worth making. You should be perfectly fine with a used copy of one of the latest ones you can find. :smile:
I'm waiting for ronove to tell me I won't be able to :mmm:
Reply 3093
I'm waiting for ronove to tell me I won't be able to :mmm:

You won't be able to what? What have I missed? :tongue:
Original post by Ronove
You won't be able to what? What have I missed? :tongue:

AS Spanish in Year 12.
AS German in Year 13.

Self taught. Along with my 6 other a levels and welsh bacc, and hopefully tennis :wink: and other commitments... :h:
:holmes:

Would have appeared more often, but I've been exclusively nocturnal recently :mmm:

My days are 9pm-7:30am :awesome:
Reply 3096
AS Spanish in Year 12.
AS German in Year 13.

Self taught. Along with my 6 other a levels and welsh bacc, and hopefully tennis :wink: and other commitments... :h:

I wouldn't say it was impossible! You'll have to play it by ear though. It also depends what kind of grades you need for what you want to do. If you're thinking of applying for Medicine (I think I vaguely recall you saying it was a possibility?) then it's utterly pointless and you'd be putting your grades too much at risk (not to mention that if you're thinking of Medicine you need to remember that anything with parts taken outside the two A-Level years will not count).
Original post by Ronove
I wouldn't say it was impossible! You'll have to play it by ear though. It also depends what kind of grades you need for what you want to do. If you're thinking of applying for Medicine (I think I vaguely recall you saying it was a possibility?) then it's utterly pointless and you'd be putting your grades too much at risk (not to mention that if you're thinking of Medicine you need to remember that anything with parts taken outside the two A-Level years will not count).

Medicine? Me? :lol: if it is it'll be graduate entry... I don't think it'd be my first.

Grades. Worst case scenario is I fail Spanish (and so I wouldn't do German) nothing else would go too wrong.

Yeah, my maths a2 and history AS won't count. But I'll still have them
Reply 3098
Original post by MangoFreak
:holmes:

Would have appeared more often, but I've been exclusively nocturnal recently :mmm:

My days are 9pm-7:30am :awesome:

I did my first night shift last night (voluntarily - took it for a friend): 21:30-06:30. For some reason I'm about ready to go to bed now anyway, even though I only got up at 4pm today. I guess cos it was a one-off and wasn't enough to mess with my routine too much. :smile:
Original post by Ronove
I did my first night shift last night (voluntarily - took it for a friend): 21:30-06:30. For some reason I'm about ready to go to bed now anyway, even though I only got up at 4pm today. I guess cos it was a one-off and wasn't enough to mess with my routine too much. :smile:

I have my Sixth Form induction on Monday and Tuesday so I suppose I need to fix myself by tomorrow :mmm: I could try sleeping now, but I'll probably just end up being up all night and hopefully through most of the day :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending