The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eliza.anne
I'm sorry :frown:

Don't worry, you'll win them over soon enough :wink:
Original post by The Epicurean
I just find it a bit disturbing how they have people with actual disabilities acting weird and saying 'gooble gobble' :s-smilie: Remind me never to watch that film :colonhash:

It's actually a pretty good film, I saw it years ago though so I may remember it wrong. That's just a really famous scene from it :redface:

Original post by This Honest
Don't worry, you'll win them over soon enough :wink:

Lol :rolleyes:
Original post by ipoop
:poo:

Just saw some bird crap and I thought of you! :love:
lol.
^^:lol:
Original post by eliza.anne
It's actually a pretty good film, I saw it years ago though so I may remember it wrong. That's just a really famous scene from it :redface:

It just looks a bit too creepy for my liking >_<

I am vaguely aware of the scene's existence. Simpsons did their own version of it >_>

The films pretty primitive in it's attitude to people with disabilities in films, the producers clear thought in portraying the disabled people as the good guys in the end they would deal with any issues about them however failed to take into account showing them as circus freaks in the literal sense of the film arch but also that they were using the disabled people as circus freaks for the audience to watch in the cinema, rather than portraying the normality of people with disabilities and how they could be integrated into society, in that sense it's an extremely bigoted and unfair film.
Original post by The Mad Dog
The films pretty primitive in it's attitude to people with disabilities in films, the producers clear thought in portraying the disabled people as the good guys in the end they would deal with any issues about them however failed to take into account showing them as circus freaks in the literal sense of the film arch but also that they were using the disabled people as circus freaks for the audience to watch in the cinema, rather than portraying the normality of people with disabilities and how they could be integrated into society, in that sense it's an extremely bigoted and unfair film.

I guess it is an example of ableism. But such circus' did exist where they had 'freaks' on display during that era. Therefore the film was portraying what was only the norm in that environment. It is merely a reflection of society rather than the film director.
It is like Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain and the books profuse usage of the 'N word'. It is not that Mark Twain was racist, but that the book was a reflection of the society.
^enjoys long, in-depth discussions/debates
Reply 7249
You did indeed and it's getting annoying now.
I only care about you guys in here and eliza :flutter: bar fishy :mmm: so don't want to ask anyone about their life :angry:

I'm sorry brah didn't know there were so many frauds copying (except for ipoop and Eliza)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZRO
I'm sorry brah didn't know there were so many frauds copying (except for ipoop and Eliza)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol dw :h:
Lol dw :h:

:hand: **** you :mmm:

Oh wait, you'd like that :teehee:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:hand: **** you :mmm:

Oh wait, you'd like that :teehee:

:hahaha:
:hahaha:

So, why do you not care about me,boy?
So, why do you not care about me,boy?

Because you're always mean to me
Coz you took maid Martin side
You always tease me which gets annoying after a while :frown:

I still accept you:hugs:
Because you're always mean to menot true, we used to be tight :tongue:
Coz you took maid Martin sideShe needed help
You always tease me which gets annoying after a while :frown:meh, I do it like once a week :h:

I still accept you:hugs:

Replies bolded :awesome:
Replies bolded :awesome:

Omg we did used to be tight! Such a long time ago I forgot :cry2:

I think ever since you changed your username, things changed :frown:

Ok fine, continue to tease and such :colone:
Omg we did used to be tight! Such a long time ago I forgot :cry2:

I think ever since you changed your username, things changed :frown:

Ok fine, continue to tease and such :colone:

It wasn't the username :h: I'm still shady :mmm: it was ipoop :unimpressed: