The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Anonymous
I think it would be better if the grade boundaries came out like a month earlier :h:

Yeh but then I'd just be freaking our over it for a month and I'd end uo convincing myself that I'd missed the grade by like 1 ums as this is what I did last time and then I only had 24 hours !!
but, on the bride side there will be no 'false hope' and you can prepare for the worst :beard:
Why can't they just employ more examiners and pay them slightly less so that we can get the results earlier its such a piss take that you do an exam and have to wait 3 months till you get the results back when I do a test in class the most I have to wait is like a week so it seems absurd when look at it from that perspective,trouble is they will me wR employ more people as all AQA and the rest care about is money money money rather than education which is unfortunate for us :frown:
but, on the bride side there will be no 'false hope' and you can prepare for the worst :beard:

Yeh exactly because as soon as I see the grade boudnaries I can say realistically that I definetly haven't got an A* whereas now I'm still thinking at the back of my mind that there's a chance I could still get it as I don't know what the boundaries are so its hard to stop yourself from being overly optimistic and I know that whatever happens a part of me is going to be really upset on results day as I haven't got perfect grades but I'm hoping to get 100ums in one of my science exams so hopefully if I achieve this then the other results won't see, that bad ! Oh god why can't August 22 just hurry the **** up !!!
yhh :lol:
Reply 425
I don't know whether I really count as I'm a Year 10, but I'm awaiting results day as I completed two GCSEs this year! Although apparently Year 10s have to wait until September until we get our grades, if this is true I will be upset. I want to know what I got!
yhh that's what happen last time :/
Original post by EmilyJayne14
I don't know whether I really count as I'm a Year 10, but I'm awaiting results day as I completed two GCSEs this year! Although apparently Year 10s have to wait until September until we get our grades, if this is true I will be upset. I want to know what I got!

O.O September?! I'm in year 10 too... I did a gcse in year 9 and my results came in the post a day after results day :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
some schools will call the year 10's and some will tell their pupils to come and get them when school starts (September) some schools may even only post them.

It all depends on your school to be honest :smile:
i have so many grades to get back this year! im only in yr 10 too! maths x2, catering, science, possibly french.....
its worrying me because i kinda have social anxiety so im scared of people wanting to see my grades if they are bad! i really hope i get a good grade.
Mm, our school won't call us in on results day cause its supposed to be memorable and special for the year 11s :smile: I probably wouldn't have bothered anyway cause I only did around 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
don't open them in school, just wait until you get in the car or something :smile:
Original post by katieMCR
i have so many grades to get back this year! im only in yr 10 too! maths x2, catering, science, possibly french.....
its worrying me because i kinda have social anxiety so im scared of people wanting to see my grades if they are bad! i really hope i get a good grade.

I'm waiting for 2 French, 2 Math and 3 science :smile: good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 433
Original post by ChronicBoredom
O.O September?! I'm in year 10 too... I did a gcse in year 9 and my results came in the post a day after results day :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

some schools will call the year 10's and some will tell their pupils to come and get them when school starts (September) some schools may even only post them.

It all depends on your school to be honest :smile:

Well I heard the exams officer talking to my Italian teacher just before the exam and saying she was going to post the results... but then someone in my class asked our Science teacher when we'd get them back and he said September as results day is a Year 11's day. I hope we get them in the post!

Original post by katieMCR

That's loads, good luck! I'm only waiting for Italian and Core Science, good luck!! Also, if you're worrying about your friends seeing your grades, wait until you're not with them to open them! But don't worry, I bet you'll do fine :smile:
Original post by Fashionfood
Why can't they just employ more examiners and pay them slightly less so that we can get the results earlier its such a piss take that you do an exam and have to wait 3 months till you get the results back when I do a test in class the most I have to wait is like a week so it seems absurd when look at it from that perspective,trouble is they will me wR employ more people as all AQA and the rest care about is money money money rather than education which is unfortunate for us :frown:

Some examiners pay is enough for a family of four to stay in France for a week, so I sympathise with the pay part. However, they would still take the time to collaborate with other parts of the country to determine the grade boundaries, which takes time. I hate the long wait as much as anybody, but there's not much we can do about it.:mad:
Reply 435
Does anyone know whether you can get AS grades at GCSE results day? Its just that I took my GCSE's this year and an AS level and don't really want to go in twice... :/
Original post by amyyalice
Does anyone know whether you can get AS grades at GCSE results day? Its just that I took my GCSE's this year and an AS level and don't really want to go in twice... :/

Yeah, it'll be there... Well on mine, my a level results are re printed on GCSE sheet as well... which a level btw?:biggrin:

I'm gonna go in twice because I have an A2:
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Some examiners pay is enough for a family of four to stay in France for a week, so I sympathise with the pay part. However, they would still take the time to collaborate with other parts of the country to determine the grade boundaries, which takes time. I hate the long wait as much as anybody, but there's not much we can do about it.:mad:

Yeh I suppose but I'm sure they could make it faster if they wanted too like a month faster for example,its just annoying that its so long as it means by the time results day come round I've already convinced myself that I've completely ****ed up !!
Reply 438
Original post by amyyalice

Same but I'm can't be there to collect my AS result so the school are just going to post mine. They'll probably just post yours if you don't turn up and collect it.
Original post by Fashionfood
Yeh I suppose but I'm sure they could make it faster if they wanted too like a month faster for example,its just annoying that its so long as it means by the time results day come round I've already convinced myself that I've completely ****ed up !!

Keep busy. Best advice I can give to not think about it.

Latest