The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by avhhs
:sadnod: Especially when you can't sleep.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. :sad: I take it you can't sleep either? :console:

Original post by 08batee
I'm glad you're doing okay :yes: Ah, me too hun. I didn't get to sleep until 5am this morning, then woke up at 8am :nothing: Are you just not tired or is there something bothering you? :console:

Oh gosh. :frown: I went through a couple of months before Christmas where I was getting to sleep at 4am and waking up at 7am so I know how bad that feels. :console:
I'm exhausted, just my head has chosen tonight to be especially loud. :nothing: Which I really didn't need. :sad: Are you not exhausted too? :eek:

Original post by LesPaul_Player91
Hey I'm well thanks, been feeling a bit weird the last few days but it seems to have passed, I'm sure I'll feel better when my essay's done. :smile:

How are you doing?

Glad you're feeling a bit better! :smile:
I'm okay thanks- just tired. :colondollar:
sleep pattern remains askew...

feel okayish, still a bit reeling from last night's relapse though :frown:

just gotta do bits and pieces to keep me occupied in the night I guess.
Reply 3562
Original post by tasha96

Oh gosh. :frown: I went through a couple of months before Christmas where I was getting to sleep at 4am and waking up at 7am so I know how bad that feels. :console:
I'm exhausted, just my head has chosen tonight to be especially loud. :nothing: Which I really didn't need. :sad: Are you not exhausted too? :eek:

Ah no, it's not nice at all! :shakecane: So sorry to hear that :console: If ever you feel like you'd like to talk to anyone (no pressure whatsoever) then my inbox is always open so feel free to PM any time :yes: I hope you manage to get some sleep soon! I was tired earlier, for sure, but now I'm wide awake :colonhash: I swear I'm nocturnal - but then that would involve sleeping in the day I guess - which never happens :nothing: :lol:
Original post by 08batee
Ah no, it's not nice at all! :shakecane: So sorry to hear that :console: If ever you feel like you'd like to talk to anyone (no pressure whatsoever) then my inbox is always open so feel free to PM any time :yes: I hope you manage to get some sleep soon! I was tired earlier, for sure, but now I'm wide awake :colonhash: I swear I'm nocturnal - but then that would involve sleeping in the day I guess - which never happens :nothing: :lol:

I know, it's so horrible. :frown: Although it was better than the next few months where I was only sleeping on average once every three days. :facepalm: I really hope it changes for you soon- sleep deprivation is a horrible thing. :console: Makes everything else a hundred times worse. :sad:
Thank you very much for the offer! :hugs:
Currently watching old episodes of Have I Got News For You which usually makes me sleepy but it's not working tonight. My head is so loud :frown:
Reply 3564
Original post by tasha96
I know, it's so horrible. :frown: Although it was better than the next few months where I was only sleeping on average once every three days. :facepalm: I really hope it changes for you soon- sleep deprivation is a horrible thing. :console: Makes everything else a hundred times worse. :sad:
Thank you very much for the offer! :hugs:
Currently watching old episodes of Have I Got News For You which usually makes me sleepy but it's not working tonight. My head is so loud :frown:

Oh my goodness! That's awful :hugs: Thank you! Sleep hasn't been great for a fair few months and it really does make things worse:sad: Sorry to hear that hun, it's never nice :frown: Could you try something else to relax if that isn't working? Listen to some nice music, take a bath, or read? There's also some relaxing online games out there too - there's one called Music Catch - it's basic but quite soothing and relaxing :yes: It sometimes does the trick :redface:
I wanna get tested for any brain illnesses cause I get called dopey a lot and I get annoyed if things don't go as planned and I just don't like crowds of people. Where do I go to get tested? I understand if I come off as a bit of a pretentious prick who is arrogant, but I'm sick of thinking there could be something wrong and my grandma suffers from dementia and general depression, I feel like I am to have the same fate as her!
Original post by 08batee
Oh my goodness! That's awful :hugs: Thank you! Sleep hasn't been great for a fair few months and it really does make things worse:sad: Sorry to hear that hun, it's never nice :frown: Could you try something else to relax if that isn't working? Listen to some nice music, take a bath, or read? There's also some relaxing online games out there too - there's one called Music Catch - it's basic but quite soothing and relaxing :yes: It sometimes does the trick :redface:

Oh I'm really sorry to hear that. :frown: It really does- it's horrible. :console:
Nothing seems to be working tonight- I might take a cup of tea and go and sit on the back step and see if that can calm me down slightly. The only thing is, that worries my mum and I obviously don't want to do that. :frown:
Oooh I've never heard of that- I'll have to look it up! :smile: Thank you. :hugs: Hopefully something will work- dont fancy an all nighter.
Reply 3567
Original post by tasha96
Oh I'm really sorry to hear that. :frown: It really does- it's horrible. :console:
Nothing seems to be working tonight- I might take a cup of tea and go and sit on the back step and see if that can calm me down slightly. The only thing is, that worries my mum and I obviously don't want to do that. :frown:
Oooh I've never heard of that- I'll have to look it up! :smile: Thank you. :hugs: Hopefully something will work- dont fancy an all nighter.

:frown: :hugs: Don't be worried to do whatever you think will make you feel better: you could just tell your Mum you want a bit of air? Ah no worries, it's very simple but I play it when I feel agitated/stressed and it kinda helps me to focus my mind off of whatever is bothering me :yes: :hugs:
Original post by superwolf
My mum, RE: open relationship thingmy: "dearest Wolfie, as I had assumed that to be the case then I wonder who was doing the whole bringing to attention bit? Don't tell the government they'll assume he'll want to pay for you!"

I ****ing love my mum, she's the most practical-minded person I know of! :tongue:

PRSOM :frown: Glad that conversation went well :biggrin:
Just had to cancel an interview today for feeling like crap. So ashamed of myself, I'm pathetic. I just can't face it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FuzzySheep
Just had to cancel an interview today for feeling like crap. So ashamed of myself, I'm pathetic. I just can't face it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not pathetic at all hun: interviews are scary at the best of times :console: :hugs: :console:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not pathetic at all hun: interviews are scary at the best of times :console: :hugs: :console:

I know, just feel guilty that its on the day. :frown: it was only a temporary role for a few weeks but I feel like a let down. Oh well :frown:

I hope you're doing well and had a good weekend hun :hugs: :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: don't beat yourself up over it! I've had to cancel tons of things cause of feeling crap! it's normal when you feel down, hopefully things pick up for you soon, anything in particular got you down?

---

Spoiler

Original post by SciFiRory
:console: don't beat yourself up over it! I've had to cancel tons of things cause of feeling crap! it's normal when you feel down, hopefully things pick up for you soon, anything in particular got you down?

---

Spoiler

Thank you Rory :hugs: I hope that they won't be too angry at me. Just family things/huge anxiety really, getting there would have required a 3 hour coach journey before the interview, I just couldn't :frown:

I can't spoiler but in response to yours big big :jumphug: Remember you've got lots of support here and IRL if you need it. Take care of yourself :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you Rory :hugs: I hope that they won't be too angry at me. Just family things/huge anxiety really, getting there would have required a 3 hour coach journey before the interview, I just couldn't :frown:

I can't spoiler but in response to yours big big :jumphug: Remember you've got lots of support here and IRL if you need it. Take care of yourself :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's okay, if you explain to them that you had some personal issues am sure they should understand, especially if its a long journey for you! anxiety can be awful I know, do you have things you can do to help you stay calm and stuff?

thanks, I know

Spoiler

Reply 3575
Original post by catoswyn
Oh that sucks.

These night time doctors aren't really up to dealing with this kind of thing.

I wondered if you had been given the crisis number for the local mental health team. At the very least the person on duty would understand the nature of your feelings and situation better.

Hang on in there. You're so close to having the baby and then you'll be able to get meds.and things will feel so much better.

:smile:

I've never been referred to a crisis team or anything, just had counselling and mental health advisor at Uni. I don't really know how I would go about it and doctors have never mentioned it. I just feel like the whole thing has been a complete waste of time and there's no point to even bothering.
I'm feeling awful today. :frown: Seeing people go into work is triggering.
Original post by HmMusic
I've never been referred to a crisis team or anything, just had counselling and mental health advisor at Uni. I don't really know how I would go about it and doctors have never mentioned it. I just feel like the whole thing has been a complete waste of time and there's no point to even bothering.

Oh, I didn't know how little support you have in place. No wonder you are feeling as if you can't get heard or proper help. No wonder you feel lost and frustrated. To be honest they are letting you down a bit as your GP should really have referred you to the proper local mental health team in order to make sure you have all the right support in place both now and for when the baby is born and to make sure you do have all the right numbers. Does the GP realise how depressed you are feeling?

You can make an appointment again with a GP and this time explain that you need a proper referral URGENTLY to the mental health team in your area as your depression is worsening. Ask your mental health advisor at uni whether they can help get you referred by speaking to your GP or whatever is appropriate.

If all else fails then there are a couple of other options:

1. Get a relative or friend you trust to go to the local mental health outpatients clinic with you directly and ask to speak to the person (nurse) on duty (there will always be one). Explain the situation to them and that you need help.

2. Look to see if there is an advocacy service locally. Advocates are people who help you by telephoning people or writing to people or accompanying you to get things sorted. There are lots of mental health advocates across the country and these work for advocacy charities so are free.

3. If nothing works then PM me and let me know.

Its horrible feeling like you're not getting anywhere but don't give up just yet!

:smile:
Reply 3578
Barely slept. The voices are back. FML :cry2:
hello who's out there?I live and cannot sleep.

Latest