The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bonjour :pierre:
Original post by thatitootoo
:cool:
Yhhh you'll find that there are many funny similarities between Dutch and Afrikaans!
Afrikaans basically descended from 17th century Dutch but it has evolved over time...So what sparked your interest in obscure Afrikaans words?? :tongue: :smile:

Haha it's the only word I know! I remember opening a dictionary to the front page and seeing that and it was never in any normal dictionaries and I liked it and have used it ever since!
Original post by MangoFreak
Willkommen :ahee: Wie viel Deutsch kannst du?

Es ist nicht gut weil ich kein klasse habe. * que no es bueno, pero adiviné.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Bonjour! Je parle un peu d'espagnol :biggrin:

Bonjour :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
Haha it's the only word I know! I remember opening a dictionary to the front page and seeing that and it was never in any normal dictionaries and I liked it and have used it ever since!

Fair enough!
Words starting with a double 'a' are the coolest :wink:
(& it's not uncommon in Dutch...at all) :tongue:

Quel-âge as tu?:smile:
Original post by tess_rach
Hablo español, *français*, *English (obviously) and a bit of *Deutsch* :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hola! Hablo français y español támbien, pero no puedo hablar alemán, pero pienso que es una lengua buena y me gustaría aprenderlo. :biggrin:
Original post by thatitootoo
Fair enough!
Words starting with a double 'a' are the coolest :wink:
(& it's not uncommon in Dutch...at all) :tongue:

Zo veel A's... O.o
Hola! Hablo français y español támbien, pero no puedo hablar alemán, pero pienso que es una lengua buena y me gustaría aprenderlo. :biggrin:

J'ai compris ça! :eek:

Aprendo español también :tongue:
J'ai compris ça! :eek:

Aprendo español también :tongue:

¿Cómo ha estado tu aprendizaje del español? :tongue:
Original post by constantmeowage
¿Ha sido tu aprendizaje del español? :tongue:

No comprendo :redface:

Are you asking how my Spanish learning is going?

If so, I've left everything come to a stand still and I'll restart properly.
Zo veel A's... O.o

Ja, dat is helemaal waar! :wink:
Reply 3132
Hola! Hablo français y español támbien, pero no puedo hablar alemán, pero pienso que es una lengua buena y me gustaría aprenderla. :biggrin:

Fixed that for you. :wink:

Got to head to work in 30 mins. Despite living with my other half, I'm not going to see him (conscious at least) until Thursday afternoon. He leaves work at 4pm and I'm starting at 4pm Mon-Tue-Wed. :s-smilie:
No comprendo :redface:

Are you asking how my Spanish learning is going?

If so, I've left everything come to a stand still and I'll restart properly.

¿Cuándo? :tongue: ¿todavía vas a hacerlo para AS?
¿Cuándo? :tongue: ¿todavía vas a hacerlo para AS?

Next week:wink:

Por qué? Vas mi persuadir no hacerlo?:redface: (if that made any sense at all)
Next week:wink:

Por qué? Vas a persuadirme que no lo haga?(if that made any sense at all)

Sorry, that's a subjunctive! :tongue: Spanish subjunctive is like French subjunctive on steroids, it's everywhere. O.o :tongue:

¡Claro que no! Simplemente quería saber si tenías éxito con el aprendizaje :tongue: ¿no puedo preguntarte ahora? :wink:
Sorry, that's a subjunctive! :tongue: Spanish subjunctive is like French subjunctive on steroids, it's everywhere. O.o :tongue:

¡Claro que no! Simplemente quería saber si tenías éxito con el aprendizaje :tongue: ¿no puedo preguntarte ahora? :wink:

I'm not comfortable yet, haven't even covered the subjunctive yet :tongue:

:teehee: give me a couple of weeks, I'll reply properly in Spanish (try to)... Yes you can ask :ahee:
I'm not comfortable yet, haven't even covered the subjunctive yet :tongue:

:teehee: give me a couple of weeks, I'll reply properly in Spanish (try to)... Yes you can ask :ahee:

Not surprised, it took me about nine months to really start to feel comfortable with the Spanish subjunctive :tongue:
Not surprised, it took me about nine months to really start to feel comfortable with the Spanish subjunctive :tongue:

9 months?:redface:

I haven't started :redface: when I do, I'll not a time frame :mmm:
9 months?:redface:

I haven't started :redface: when I do, I'll not a time frame :mmm:

Yep :tongue: although that was of course alongside my GCSE studies and then my AS studies. :tongue: I got to the subjunctive by about the time I started my AS studies (and GCSE Spanish), and it did indeed take around over half a year for me to start getting a feel for when you do and don't need subjunctive without constantly referring to a book. :tongue:

Latest