The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 08batee
Barely slept. The voices are back. FML :cry2:

hope your ok hun :hugs: could you prehaps try sleep today?
Reply 3581
Feeling quite low and there's nothing I can do really. Just trying to stay functioning at work when I want to curl up and be on my own. Bleh. :cry2:
Reply 3582
Original post by PonchoKid
hope your ok hun :hugs: could you prehaps try sleep today?

Thanks hun :hugs: I'm going to try, I find it so so difficult to sleep in the day though and I can't relax at the moment :sad:
Hope you're doing okay today! :hugs:
Original post by 08batee
Thanks hun :hugs: I'm going to try, I find it so so difficult to sleep in the day though and I can't relax at the moment :sad:
Hope you're doing okay today! :hugs:

sleeping in the day is a nightmare, but hopefully with more noise around, it may keep voices at bay hopefully...
prehaps just chill with a nice film or something?
ill be online all day so if you want PM me, or i can give you my skype stuff if you need :hugs:

im just tired, got a decent sleep, but could still sleep more, started falling slightly to peices last night, but seem ok now.
:hugs:
Reply 3584
Original post by asdfgah
Feeling quite low and there's nothing I can do really. Just trying to stay functioning at work when I want to curl up and be on my own. Bleh. :cry2:

:console: Hope today goes okay for you :hugs:

sleeping in the day is a nightmare, but hopefully with more noise around, it may keep voices at bay hopefully...
prehaps just chill with a nice film or something?
ill be online all day so if you want PM me, or i can give you my skype stuff if you need :hugs:

im just tired, got a decent sleep, but could still sleep more, started falling slightly to peices last night, but seem ok now.
:hugs:

I know, I'm terrible at it :redface: Yeah, that's right. I was cleaning at 3am this morning in order to distract myself :teehee: I bet the neighbours are annoyed (I didn't vacuum though, I thought that might be going a little far for the middle of the night :teehee:)
Thanks for the offer hun, I might PM a bit later! :hugs:
I'm glad you slept okay, you must have been exhausted! :console: Sorry to hear that things weren't that great last night, though hopefully today is a new day for you :yep:
My interview for peer mentoring with the YMCA was a success! 5 weeks of summer school!

(Still haven't submitted my dissertation though :frown:)
Original post by 08batee
I know, I'm terrible at it :redface: Yeah, that's right. I was cleaning at 3am this morning in order to distract myself :teehee: I bet the neighbours are annoyed (I didn't vacuum though, I thought that might be going a little far for the middle of the night :teehee:)
Thanks for the offer hun, I might PM a bit later! :hugs:
I'm glad you slept okay, you must have been exhausted! :console: Sorry to hear that things weren't that great last night, though hopefully today is a new day for you :yep:

once im awake, im awake, which was very annoying saturday morning, got to sleep about 2, woke up at half 5 :frown:
iv done that before, but when we had no neighbours so i DID hoover :teehee: late night cleaning is so good for you i reckon :smile:

im always around :ninja:

yeah, i was shattered, apparently i was sound asleep before half 11, i dont think iv been asleep before midnight in months!
yeah, just chilling today, and need to bring myself to have a shower, but the sunburn will hurt :frown:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
My interview for peer mentoring with the YMCA was a success! 5 weeks of summer school!

:woo: well done :biggrin: congratulations :smile:

is it finished yet?
if not, prehaps get it finished, then you can doubly celebrate :biggrin:
once im awake, im awake, which was very annoying saturday morning, got to sleep about 2, woke up at half 5 :frown:
iv done that before, but when we had no neighbours so i DID hoover :teehee: late night cleaning is so good for you i reckon :smile:

yeah, i was shattered, apparently i was sound asleep before half 11, i dont think iv been asleep before midnight in months!
yeah, just chilling today, and need to bring myself to have a shower, but the sunburn will hurt :frown:

:woo: well done :biggrin: congratulations :smile:

is it finished yet?
if not, prehaps get it finished, then you can doubly celebrate :biggrin:

It's almost finished. Loading up with caffeine to just push it through. Worried because the campus shop I was getting it bound at is closed for some strange reason.
Reply 3588
Original post by 08batee
:console: Hope today goes okay for you :hugs:

Wish all talk of triggering stuff could be just postponed until a time that I am ready to deal with it. People in the office talking about triggering programme that was on the BBC (the one on women in India - I haven't seen it) and they're not saying anything bad but certain words are just hugely triggering in themselves and I do not want to have a flashback here.
Hello, can I come in?

Suspected bipolar/BPD here, in CMHT limbo as I have moved and changed doctors, would love to have some sort of treatment plan in place before I start in September - winter is a particularly difficult time - and have the support I need to get through the year!
Reply 3590
Original post by catoswyn
Oh, I didn't know how little support you have in place. No wonder you are feeling as if you can't get heard or proper help. No wonder you feel lost and frustrated. To be honest they are letting you down a bit as your GP should really have referred you to the proper local mental health team in order to make sure you have all the right support in place both now and for when the baby is born and to make sure you do have all the right numbers. Does the GP realise how depressed you are feeling?

You can make an appointment again with a GP and this time explain that you need a proper referral URGENTLY to the mental health team in your area as your depression is worsening. Ask your mental health advisor at uni whether they can help get you referred by speaking to your GP or whatever is appropriate.

If all else fails then there are a couple of other options:

1. Get a relative or friend you trust to go to the local mental health outpatients clinic with you directly and ask to speak to the person (nurse) on duty (there will always be one). Explain the situation to them and that you need help.

2. Look to see if there is an advocacy service locally. Advocates are people who help you by telephoning people or writing to people or accompanying you to get things sorted. There are lots of mental health advocates across the country and these work for advocacy charities so are free.

3. If nothing works then PM me and let me know.

Its horrible feeling like you're not getting anywhere but don't give up just yet!

:smile:

I guess I never knew that sort of stuff was available and in the last few months when I've been posting here and hearing about people having this stuff in place I started thinking to myself, well my stuff can't be as serious as this. But the weekend really really scared me, I hadn't had those thoughts since I was 15/16 and I'm still having them today. Trouble is because I'm pregnant I'm worried that they will just say it's because of the pregnancy.

I'm seeing my GP on Wednesday anyway to go back on sertraline, so I'm just going to have to talk to him then. He's not my usual GP either because she's away on maternity leave, but he is kind and understanding. I hope that I can get some help because feeling like this right now and after I have my baby is not right.

I think I just need to make it clear to everyone how bad it is. Otherwise they will all just do what the doctor did yesterday. And even then they won't do much because my depression isn't as serious as others'.

Congrats :biggrin:

You will get your dissertation done, I have faith in you :smile:
Reply 3592

yeah, just chilling today, and need to bring myself to have a shower, but the sunburn will hurt

That's exactly the same as me, haha! I can't lie in at all! Oh no! That's not much sleep AT all :no: :console:
:teehee: If my neighbours weren't as nice as they are I may have vacuumed anyway :colondollar: Definitely! For some reason I'm more productive in the middle of the night :ninja:
Ah, brilliant! I'm not surprised you were tired though, hopefully you can get another good night tonight :yes:
Eeeeek. Sunburn + warm water is not good :eek: Are you brave enough to have a cold one?! :gah:

Original post by asdfgah
Wish all talk of triggering stuff could be just postponed until a time that I am ready to deal with it. People in the office talking about triggering programme that was on the BBC (the one on women in India - I haven't seen it) and they're not saying anything bad but certain words are just hugely triggering in themselves and I do not want to have a flashback here.

Sorry to hear that, hun :console: Situations like that are never good. I'm not sure what to suggest :s-smilie: I know it's much easier said than done, but can you try not to listen to it? Obviously that's difficult, but maybe do something like say the alphabet over and over in your head? Sorry if that's a lame suggestion but I tend to do something like that if I'm around unavoidable triggering conversation. :colondollar: But I suppose then though you'll be concentrating so hard on not listening that you won't be able to concentrate on much else. :tongue: Or maybe you could change the topic of conversation? If things start to feel too much then try and take a toilet break and calm down, ground yourself? Sorry these are **** suggestions :redface: It's a really difficult situation, but I hope you get through it okay :jumphug:

Original post by mollydblybarrly
Hello, can I come in?

Suspected bipolar/BPD here, in CMHT limbo as I have moved and changed doctors, would love to have some sort of treatment plan in place before I start in September - winter is a particularly difficult time - and have the support I need to get through the year!

:hi:
Welcome to the thread! Of course you can :smile:
I have BPD so you're not alone :nah:
Original post by rmhumphries
Congrats :biggrin:

You will get your dissertation done, I have faith in you :smile:

Thanks :biggrin: Just a few sections were missing but I'm almost done now. I have another two hours to work on it and then the library have offered to help me out with a self service binding machine so I should be okay!

Still in a blind panic though about some bits of the actual program but I can change a few things before the viva.
Reply 3594
I'd just like to thank all you guys.

I have learnt more on dealing with depression and the support available in the last couple of days on here than in 5 years talking to doctors.

I hate doctors as they have always been horrid to me. The first time I went they said I was 'severly depressed' and prescribed medication. Over a few months I got worse went back and the same doctor said I had made it up and she wouldnt proceed with anything further.
As you can imagine thats terrible and I didnt go back.

I finally went back this year after dealling with it myself so long. I was passed a ticky box sheet -circle how sad you are, and then a perscription for antidepressants. I was in and out the doctors in under 3minutes.

I'm glad there are lots of other options available other than NHS doctors and I thank you guys for bringing it to my attention :smile:
Reply 3595
Original post by asdfgah

:hugs: That's a shame :sad: Hope you manage to get through the afternoon fine :smile:

Thanks :biggrin: Just a few sections were missing but I'm almost done now. I have another two hours to work on it and then the library have offered to help me out with a self service binding machine so I should be okay!

Still in a blind panic though about some bits of the actual program but I can change a few things before the viva.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by avhhs
:hugs: That's a shame :sad: Hope you manage to get through the afternoon fine :smile:

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks! I think I'm on my final proofread now :biggrin:
Why is life so hard?
Reply 3598
Original post by zonkfrog
I'd just like to thank all you guys.

I have learnt more on dealing with depression and the support available in the last couple of days on here than in 5 years talking to doctors.

I hate doctors as they have always been horrid to me. The first time I went they said I was 'severly depressed' and prescribed medication. Over a few months I got worse went back and the same doctor said I had made it up and she wouldnt proceed with anything further.
As you can imagine thats terrible and I didnt go back.

I finally went back this year after dealling with it myself so long. I was passed a ticky box sheet -circle how sad you are, and then a perscription for antidepressants. I was in and out the doctors in under 3minutes.

I'm glad there are lots of other options available other than NHS doctors and I thank you guys for bringing it to my attention :smile:

Glad this thread has been of help to you :yep:
Reply 3599
Original post by danny111
Why is life so hard?

:hugs: :console: :hugs:

Latest