The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah, it'll be there... Well on mine, my a level results are re printed on GCSE sheet as well... which a level btw?:biggrin:

I'm gonna go in twice because I have an A2:

Government & Politics. Its the first AS level I have done, however I only found out I was taking it in December/January time, so I have a feeling I haven't done too well, as I have been mostly concentrating on my GCSE's!

Original post by jellie88
Same but I'm can't be there to collect my AS result so the school are just going to post mine. They'll probably just post yours if you don't turn up and collect it.

Ahh ok, thats brilliant thanks!
Reply 441
Original post by amyyalice

That's ok! Because I'm such a worrier I let my school know that I wanted my results posted. You may want to phone up the exams office/ people at your school and do the same just to ensure that they know you aren't going to collect them and want them posted
Government & Politics. Its the first AS level I have done, however I only found out I was taking it in December/January time, so I have a feeling I haven't done too well, as I have been mostly concentrating on my GCSE's!

Aaah, that's great! Hopefully it'll be okay :smile:

:yy: I spent more time on a levels I think:redface: g
Reply 443
Original post by jellie88
That's ok! Because I'm such a worrier I let my school know that I wanted my results posted. You may want to phone up the exams office/ people at your school and do the same just to ensure that they know you aren't going to collect them and want them posted

Ok, I might do that actually! Thanks again! :smile:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Aaah, that's great! Hopefully it'll be okay :smile:

:yy: I spent more time on a levels I think:redface: g

Hopefully! Thank you! :smile:
Definitely bricking it.
Reply 445
Ok, I might do that actually! Thanks again! :smile:

Haha that's alright! :biggrin:
Urgh I'm here and I'm predicted mostly b's/c's and I just want to rip open those results it's all I can think about.

I'm still debating weather open them at home or school/: what's everyone else doing?/:

I'm also scared I've failed my English language exam:frown: all my coursework is a C grade:frown: but I think I messed up my exam/: can someone help me here?/:

Firstly I have concerns over the unit one which is a comprehension with 4 questions. The first 3 I used 8-10 quotes for each, I am worried as many of my classmates have only used quotations for the third question.

Unit 2 I am extremely worried about

The first question was to write a letter to the BBC who are looking for teenagers to appear in a program about their hobbies and interests. These are what I done
- I wrote I am a outcast and I often get bullied for my " gothic " dress sense and this will appeal to audiences as I can give my point of view about how adults encourage children to be unique but they do not realize how hard teenage life actually is.
- I wrote about my insert in music such as Marilyn Manson and I explained how he is seen as the "poster boy for evil" but infact his songs are just covers etc and people judge him by his image. I then went on to say audiences would find this intersting as a large majority of adults pre judge celebrity's who are not mainstream etc
- I then wrote about concerts and how many adults view them as a dangerous place as it is full of drugs and alcohol etc. I then went on to say how these places are a safe environment as security check all bags and are at ever Connor along with paramedics to help if anyone Does get injured. I wrote that this would appeal to parents as it will inform them about what environments these places are etc
- I also wrote about my hobby of video gaming and how they do not corrupt children's minds and they are good to help children escape from the reality and pressure of GCSES and it also helps them relax. I also included to only by games of the right age certificate too.
- I wrote my final paragraph on my school life and to what extent I get bullied and how teachers ignore outcasts such as myself etc. I wrote this would be ideal for me to be on this television show as it could help teachers beat bullying.

My second question was to write a speech on discussing how the government want all children to stay in school/college until they are 18
For this I wrote
- adults say school days are the best days of their life and explain why they feel it
- how people who stay in school will have better jobs meaning not working in the fast food industry
- I wrote about how they would receive EMA and how they can spend that money on video games but not to tell teachers etc.
- I wrote about school food and how they'd get to see their friends daily unlike if they were working.
-'i also wrote about how they are able to call teachers by first names and dress uniquely and then are able to be treated like adults etc.

Thank you for reading this , sorry I am
Just working myself up so much as without a C in this exam I am unable to get into college.

Btw the exam bored is the WJEC and it is also the paper students in wales sat
Thank you.

I'd be really grateful if someone can read over it and guess if I had blow a C ... It's all that's been on my mind:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello :smile: firstly, DO NOT worry you haven't done bad at all. You first questions answer respsone is really good, if you have included a lot of punctuation and grammar and used it correctly you would get a good grade. I would say that its worthy of an B definately may, even get you an A if the examiner likes it!:yes:

However, I'm not too sure about your second question response answer - you have a mixture of really good points and I would say you have 1/2 points which is out of topic. Nevertheless, you don't really get marked on content as much as structure building and the use of grammar in engaging audiences' in the language exam, I'm unsure what grade you'll revieve specifcally for this piece.

But, I think if the grade for both pieces counts as 1, you'll get a B :woo:
(edited 10 years ago)
Everybody will pass. I have seen the future. Those guys that think they've done bad dont worrry at all, there is a high chance your paper is marked by some non trained so called professional marker so you'll slip in the a or a*.
On a serious note if you feel that the paper was good and you can rate it according to how well you attempted it then its really good. I know this guy who predicted his grades and got exactly what he felt he'd get so be sure!

Good luck with your results guys!:smile:
Definitely opening them at home! Don't think I'd want to face people after I get my results. I just don't want to feel bad (even though I probably will) but being in a super competitive school full of brainiac Asians (even though I'm Asian myself) does not help. Plus it's calmer at home and yeah. :smile: Good luck everyone!
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Keep busy. Best advice I can give to not think about it.

I trying to forget about it but now that its July it's less than 2 months away so I' seems more real now !
Original post by Fashionfood
I trying to forget about it but now that its July it's less than 2 months away so I' seems more real now !

Oh my god just realised that, I keep thinking it'll be June for ages! :redface:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Oh my god just realised that, I keep thinking it'll be June for ages! :redface:

Yeh it's funny how I thought it was ages away but now suddenly I'm finishing school in like 3 weeks ! Argh I'm going to be yr 11 in September as well exams exams exams omfg excuse me while I go and sit in a corner and cry !!
Original post by Fashionfood
Yeh it's funny how I thought it was ages away but now suddenly I'm finishing school in like 3 weeks ! Argh I'm going to be yr 11 in September as well exams exams exams omfg excuse me while I go and sit in a corner and cry !!

Ah right don't go and cry! :smile: I just finished Year 11 so I'll give you some tips that will make it easier. Any GCSEs that you are going to carry on into Year 11, GO OVER THEM IN THE SUMMER. I would suggest going over the things you find hardest first, and get it lodged in your brain; and when September comes ask your teachers any questions. Even if it's the smallest thing, It'll clear up a whole lot of confusion and all-round your knowledge over every topic in the subject. Anything new you learn in class, go over that at home for the same reason of hammering it in! Come exam time, start revising from February onwards. Also, set targets in revision, not hours...that's very important. Sorry for the long paragraph, I just thought I'd give this advice to anyone worried about Year 11, whether they find it useful or not. From my own experience! GOOD LUCK AND DON'T WORRY :smile:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Ah right don't go and cry! :smile: I just finished Year 11 so I'll give you some tips that will make it easier. Any GCSEs that you are going to carry on into Year 11, GO OVER THEM IN THE SUMMER. I would suggest going over the things you find hardest first, and get it lodged in your brain; and when September comes ask your teachers any questions. Even if it's the smallest thing, It'll clear up a whole lot of confusion and all-round your knowledge over every topic in the subject. Anything new you learn in class, go over that at home for the same reason of hammering it in! Come exam time, start revising from February onwards. Also, set targets in revision, not hours...that's very important. Sorry for the long paragraph, I just thought I'd give this advice to anyone worried about Year 11, whether they find it useful or not. From my own experience! GOOD LUCK AND DON'T WORRY :smile:

Thanks for the advice I totally get what you mean about setting targets to revise for not hours as when I revise I write down the topics I am going to go over and if I don't finish them off then I write them down so I know that I have to do them the nex day or whenever. I'm going to follow your advice bout revising early though as I have my maths exam in November and although I get to retake it in June I'd ideally like to get at least in A in it so that I have more time to revise for my other June exams,and so Ive already bought myself a maths revision guide and so I'm going to start doing at least an hour of maths reviison ever day including through the summer holidays so that when I come to take the exam I should be confident that I'm capable of doing well as If I just leave it till September then I will realise that like everyone else I will only have around 8 weeks to revise for the exam and the added pressure of being in yr 11 means that the stress will get to me and I'll end up panicking and thinking that I don't have enough time whereas if I start now then I will be used to revising and so when It comes to being told to do it by the teachers I will be comfortable with doing it as opposed to having to force myself to do it instead of just procrastinating which is extremely hard not to do eespecially when it comes to a subject as tedious as maths,do you have any reviison resources or websites you could share with mean that I could use to revise for maths as all I have is one revision guide full of questions !! If you have a maths watch account then could you let me use your username and password as I've heard that its really useful,thanks again !!
Anyone else like cant enjoy summer?:/ ... I can only think about August 22nd:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 months time relax for now :smile: nothing more you can do ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 457
Reply 458
Original post by Anon2.5
Same as my predicted grades and the ad maths exam was so hard!! I'm going to pretend I never did it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, it was ridiculously difficult! So many of us had given up that the invigilator let us go early :smile: I still spent a good 40 minutes drawing pictures though :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just can't make up my mind for this day. Half of me is confident cause I reckon I did well this year. The other half is bricking themselves thinking I made a simple yet fatal mistake in the exam hall.

Best Possible Results:

A*A*A*A*A*A*A*BC

Worst Possible Results:

A*A*A*AAAABC

From the looks of it, I'm over-reacting but I just keep thinking ahead of how much of an effect these GCSE's will have on my future life (say Uni/Work wise)

What do you guys think? Thanks for all your help and the negs :mad:
Sorry for having nerves :colonhash:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest