The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SciFiRory
leaving TSR, too many ***** on this site and it's just making me lose control of my emotions and I can't deal right now.

sorry for being so **** all this time and ruining things for everyone with my presence here, I will miss you guys though I doubt anyone will miss my ****.

Will miss your posts! Its a shame you feel you have to have a break.

Hopefully you can come back and maybe stick to this thread where people are supportive.

Whatever, good luck and HUGS.

:smile:
Reply 3641
Thinking about it, I'll just go for the gym membership and improve my fitness before I look at playing badminton :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by catoswyn
Will miss your posts! Its a shame you feel you have to have a break.

Hopefully you can come back and maybe stick to this thread where people are supportive.

Whatever, good luck and HUGS.

Hes looking at not coming back :frown: but ill pass on your message, along with anyone elses.
Hell be ok though. Hes currently fairly safe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, very useful. I have used virtually all parts of the system over many years and also worked as a mental health advocate (as you can tell I am MUCH older than most people on here).

Yes the GP is unlikely to refer you after just one meeting but you have described your depression deepening and very negative thoughts so you could go back and see her again to tell her this..

If the GP does offer a prescription then explain that you cannot take it because of your experience with your brother and feel that because of this you would prefer a referal to the MHT so that you can see a psychiatrist and have a CPN. Remember, it is perfectly okay to be pro-active in your own care and ask for what you want.

If you decide to do this and she says no then I'd be grateful if you could let me know..

Just bear in mind, it's possible that at the MHT assessment (if you are referred), they decide that you're not in their remit for whatever reason and refer you to another service/back to your GP. I don't mean to be off-putting, and it's definitely worth a shot, but I just think it is worth pointing out.
Original post by HmMusic
I never say horrible things ever that's why it's scared me so much, I can't deal with the guilt of what I've said and knowing that I mean it and knowing that it's the worst thing to say to someone. I'm as bad as my brother. I've been controlling and manipulative and angry and completely utterly pathetic. My cat ignoring me is weird because he never ignores me he is always with me he follows me around everywhere and sits with me whenever I am sitting, instead he is pacing around the hallway and whenever I look at him he sprints off.

There is a doctor visiting me tonight. I've never been this scared of myself. I don't know how to control my thoughts.

Just to let you know I've sent a private message to your in-box.

Original post by Anonymous
Just bear in mind, it's possible that at the MHT assessment (if you are referred), they decide that you're not in their remit for whatever reason and refer you to another service/back to your GP. I don't mean to be off-putting, and it's definitely worth a shot, but I just think it is worth pointing out.

Has this happened to anyone you know? What other services were they referred to and what reasons were given? Its a very interesting point you make and I'd be keen to find out more as no one I know has had this happen to them yet.

Thanks,

So to add to my list pretty sure im suffering from dehydration yet still dont want to drink. **** sake :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
Thinking about it, I'll just go for the gym membership and improve my fitness before I look at playing badminton :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Badminton is awesome fun though!
Has this happened to anyone you know? What other services were they referred to and what reasons were given? Its a very interesting point you make and I'd be keen to find out more as no one I know has had this happen to them yet.

Thanks,

Me! :tongue: I'll PM you, don't want to post publicly on the forum.
Reply 3649
Will reply to PMs/quotes later but right now I feel sick.

Spoiler

3 moves into the game: check mate :frown:
But despite my epic failings at chess I still had a good night. It's nice that I can still have some fun at the moment even though I'm freaking out so often.
Spending one less day at my friend's than I thought too which makes it more like a weekend so I'm liking forward to that more now :smile:

Things aren't perfect but they could be a whole lot worse so I'll take it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SciFiRory
leaving TSR, too many ***** on this site and it's just making me lose control of my emotions and I can't deal right now.

sorry for being so **** all this time and ruining things for everyone with my presence here, I will miss you guys though I doubt anyone will miss my ****.

Sorry to see you go mate. Hopefully may see you back on here one day, but if not, take care and best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going down hill :frown: feeling really ill and really bad. Trying to fight off urges but dont know how long i can keep it up :frown: dont know what to do :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
Sorry to see you go mate. Hopefully may see you back on here one day, but if not, take care and best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ill pass that on. Hell really appreciate it :smile:

Hope your ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, very useful. I have used virtually all parts of the system over many years and also worked as a mental health advocate (as you can tell I am MUCH older than most people on here).

Yes the GP is unlikely to refer you after just one meeting but you have described your depression deepening and very negative thoughts so you could go back and see her again to tell her this..

If the GP does offer a prescription then explain that you cannot take it because of your experience with your brother and feel that because of this you would prefer a referal to the MHT so that you can see a psychiatrist and have a CPN. Remember, it is perfectly okay to be pro-active in your own care and ask for what you want.

If you decide to do this and she says no then I'd be grateful if you could let me know..

Thanks, I'll think about doing that. I'll let you know what happens if I do. I got the impression last time I saw her that she didn't think it was necessary to refer because I'm using my university's services. :rolleyes: She didn't give me the ticky box questionnaire though and son't know if I got across how bad I felt particularly well.
Im such a stupid pathetic person :facepalm: :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Im such a stupid pathetic person :facepalm: :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

no you're not :hugs: i'm pretty sure you're the only person that thinks that :tongue:
I feel absolutely awful right now. Can't do this :frown:
Reply 3658
Things are finally getting somewhere. Had a midwife round this morning and showed her everything I wrote about my thoughts last night. Finally someone can see how bad I am rather than trying to explain it whilst feeling numb. She is referring me to the community mental health team. My bf has taken the day off work today at her recommendation so I'm not on my own. Waiting for the mental health team to call back.
Original post by HmMusic
Things are finally getting somewhere. Had a midwife round this morning and showed her everything I wrote about my thoughts last night. Finally someone can see how bad I am rather than trying to explain it whilst feeling numb. She is referring me to the community mental health team. My bf has taken the day off work today at her recommendation so I'm not on my own. Waiting for the mental health team to call back.

That's great that somebody is taking how you feel seriously! Good luck with the MH team and just be nice to yourself, okay?

Latest