The Student Room Group

JT becomes bearmode

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Should totally swap Battletags because I'm a WoW-head :tongue:.
Gj on the pb's...particularly the deadlift!
Reply 161
Original post by rlw31
Great pulling!

Original post by danadd9
Should totally swap Battletags because I'm a WoW-head :tongue:.
Gj on the pb's...particularly the deadlift!

Thanks guys :smile:

Original post by In One Ear
Ah you play SC2 as well?! You should add me and then we can play some games! Though I just started and am not very good :tongue: but I learn fast!

Nice PRs as well. Reckon you're close to a 100kg PP?

Cheers, I think I am pretty close to a 100kg. Squat is going up and it feels like it's carrying over to the leg drive. Probably going to attempt 92.5*2 after I hit my old PR of 90*2 then see where it goes, thinking of dropping to singles when I stall on doubles.

And feel free to message me your battletag/email/what ever you need and I'll play some games with you :biggrin: and dw I'm not that great either :colondollar:
Reply 162
Tuesday:

Press:

60*5*5

BB curls:

37.5*6*7

Nice pressing session outside in the sun ^_^
Original post by Jtking3000
Monday:

Squat:

155*5 (PB)

PP:

87.5*2

Deadlift:

142.5*5
167.5*5
190*5 (PB)

Pretty amazing session today. Was feeling pretty tired as well from playing Chess and Starcraft all day yesterday :colondollar:

Never had a 20kg 5RM increase to my squat before without having to reset and I still feel like I've got a few kilos left. Felt like I didn't have anymore reps when I did the third but they just kept going up; amazing stretch reflex out of the bottom.

A little trouble locking out push press but nothing too difficult.

And I finally set a deadlift PR. Not only was I dubious that I could after last weeks max effort with 185 but I actually failed a rep in the process to getting 5 reps. Had a rep where I got it 3 inches off the ground but it went out in front of me so I had to put it back down again and somehow I managed to get 2 more reps after this. Never had this happen before. Not sure if I'll attempt 192.5 next week or not or if I'll redo 190, but I know that my time is limited before I have to reset again so I might make the most of it.

So yeah I think Weightlifting Jesus is watching over me or something.

Great PB's, you're on a roll!
Reply 164
Monday:

Squat:

155*5 (PB)

PP:

87.5*2

Deadlift:

142.5*5
167.5*5
190*5 (PB)

Awesome stuff right there.
Reply 165
Thursday:

Squat:

135*5*5

PP:

80*9*2

Deadlift:

142.5*5

BB curls:

37.5*2*7
sorry bro but wolves are cooler than bears
Reply 167
My mind is trying to comprehend what wolfmode would look like in terms of musculature.
good point lol-but wolves are still cooler in general :wink:
Reply 169
Saturday:

Press:

70*5

PP:

70*3*2

Squat:

107.5*2*5

BB curls:

47.5*3*6

Press was a bit too hard for my liking today, mostly because I ****ed up the 4th rep where it went out in front and too low, first three reps felt alright though. That and the fact that I had to go to the gym early today which always seems to make me feel weak.

Still even if I only make a 2.5kg increase every time I do a reset I'm happy as it seems like good progress for where I'm at. Also might try dropping to triples on intensity day as per the recommendation in Lascek's book.
Reply 170
Monday:

Squat:

157.5*5 (PB)

PP:

90*2

Deadlift:

145*5
167.5*5
192.5*5 (PB)

Another excellent monday! gg (good gains). Wonder if I can hit a jackpot and get 3 PBs next week, hasn't happened since maybe August/September last year.

Squat is starting to get pretty heavy, upper back is getting a bit rounded. Still, in theory I can probably hit lmao4plaete for a single (not that I'm going to anytime soon...). Not so long ago 4 plates seemed miles away but now it's pretty close :moon:. Will women start noticing me more now that I have a good squat? :colondollar:

PP nearly turned disastrous. First rep flew up and the second rep the bar went forward and to the side so I had to try and save it by stepping forward a bit lol. Will try 92.5*2 next week anyway.

And another surprise deadlift PR. Squat may possibly be starting to carry over now that 80+% which certainly makes my life easier. Best of all, my 5RM is now again the same as Danadd's 1RM so order is now restored to the Universe :colone:
Reply 171
**** you :frown:

Hahah gz man, making great progress!
Reply 172
Tuesday:

Press:

62.5*5*5

BB curls:

40*6*6

Press was a little hard, shoulders feel a bit sore.
Reply 173
Thursday:

Squat:

137.5*5*5

PP:

82.5*9*2

Deadlift:

145*5

BB curls:

40*2*6

Push press felt easier than usual, maybe a good omen for Monday.
Reply 174
Saturday:

Press:

72.5*5

PP:

72.5*3*2

Squat:

110*2*5

BB curls:

50*3*5

Lockout was a 4 second grind :/ Will hopefully make 73.5 but I dunno it seems dubious.
Reply 175
Monday:

Squat:

160*5 (PB)

PP:

92.5*1+f

Deadlift:

147.5*5
170*5
195*5 (PB)

Annoying that even with all this pressing volume it doesn't look like it wants budge, 2nd rep wasn't even close. Looks like I will have to work harder on it. Reattempt 92.5*2 next week just to be sure.

Still, who needs to be a strong presser when you have strong legs and back? :cool:
Reply 176
Tuesday:

Press:

65*5,5,4+f

BB curls:

42.5*6*6

FFFFFUUUUUU my worst fears come true. Pressing was way too hard and I just failed :frown:. Not sure what to do now or why this has happened :/ Thinking I may need to go longer than 4 weeks to build up to my max as it didn't seem like the weights got that much as easier as the weeks went by like what normally happens.

OP is updated with another ramble to go over the last quarter btw.
Tuesday:

Press:

65*5,5,4+f

BB curls:

42.5*6*6

FFFFFUUUUUU my worst fears come true. Pressing was way too hard and I just failed :frown:. Not sure what to do now or why this has happened :/ Thinking I may need to go longer than 4 weeks to build up to my max as it didn't seem like the weights got that much as easier as the weeks went by like what normally happens.

OP is updated with another ramble to go over the last quarter btw.

Squat and DL have improved nicely over the last quarter!
Reply 178
Read your update. Pressing 4x a week with 80%+ you madman :tongue: should be fun to watch.
Also howcome you don't do chins/any rowing movement any more? Have I missed something?
Reply 179
Original post by danadd9
Read your update. Pressing 4x a week with 80%+ you madman :tongue: should be fun to watch.
Also howcome you don't do chins/any rowing movement any more? Have I missed something?

Well it's what I currently do with my 5RM press and 2RM PP so idk maybe doing with 1RM will work too lol. But yeah I'm thinking:

Mon:
1RM PP

Tue:
85-90% 3RM 6-8*3 Press

Thu:
88-90% 1RM 10-12*1 PP
75% 3RM 2-3*3 Press

Sat:
3RM Press
80% 1RM 5*1 PP

After a 5-6 week ramp from 85-90%, assuming I have to do this, (which it looks like :/). If this doesn't work then I'm going to have to rethink my strategy which may involve a more long term plan like Madcow Advanced.

I stopped doing stuff like rows and high pulls simply because I have no desire to do them as they only peripherally help with my main lifts (high pulls were as much about fun as function anyway) and I already spend lots of time doing the main stuff...which I think I'll probably need to do more of anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest