The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by GeekyNick
I put my application in today and the only options were Carpenter and John Wood Court because I had left it so late. A friend and I were wondering what happens with the accommodation booked by people who choose not to accept it due to missing/exceeding their offer. Is there any chance of these becoming available ?

I'm fairly happy with the accommodation I've applied for but if there is any chance of getting accommodation that is ensuite and/or on campus I would prefer that. Then again due to the time I applied I'm probably quite far down the waiting list!

I am in the same situation, did you figure this issue out anyway? I was thinking of contacting the university and asking about that matter. However, I believe that they have removed the other options due to demand being considerably greater than the number of rooms (or too much greater) so the probability of ultimately finding an in-campus room are very low.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by charis555
I am in the same situation, did you figure this issue out anyway? I was thinking of contacting the university and asking about that matter. However, I believe that they have removed the other options due to demand being considerably greater than the number of rooms (or too much greater) so the probability of ultimately finding an in-campus room are very low.

I haven't done anything on it yet - I was going to wait until I finished exams. That was the explanation given for the lack of choice when I did mine. As you say the fact that we weren't even able to express an interest in the on-campus accommodation suggests there isn't going to be any going spare. It can't hurt to ask though!
Original post by charis555

Hello. I am work for the University of Bath Accommodation Office. I am happy to explain a few details about our allocation/application policy.
It is impossible to determine how many accommodation applicants will actually become 'unconditional firm' students in August after the A-level results. Generally speaking we take 20% more applications than we have rooms for most of the buildings, to allow for the fact some people may not convert with their grades and actually come here. However, once we have reached a certain limit it becomes unrealistic and misleading to continue taking applications. Therefore, please note that during the application cycle certain complexes may be removed as options if demand heavily exceeds supply. Once removed these options will not be re-instated and it is not likely you could be allocated a building which has already been removed - as we have already overbooked by 20% or so. Please note the options you have applied for (eg Carpenter/John Wood) are a realistic guide as to what you are likely to be allocated. Hope this makes things clear. Our full allocation policy is listed at http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/applying/allocation-policy/index.html

Best Regards, Student Accommodation Team
Hello. I work for the University of Bath Accommodation Office. This is just a quick reminder that the application guarantee date for University Accommodation is 1 July. Please ensure you have applied by this date (first of all you must first have nominated Bath as your first UCAS choice before applying for accommodation)
Reply 184
Original post by University Of Bath
Hello. I work for the University of Bath Accommodation Office. This is just a quick reminder that the application guarantee date for University Accommodation is 1 July. Please ensure you have applied by this date (first of all you must first have nominated Bath as your first UCAS choice before applying for accommodation)

Hi. :smile:
Are the applicants who have chosen Bath as their insurance offer required to apply right now as well? Or they can only apply once their offer is unconditional firm?
Thank you. :smile:
Reply 185
Original post by r.2
Are the applicants who have chosen Bath as their insurance offer required to apply right now as well? Or they can only apply once their offer is unconditional firm?

If you put Bath as your insurance choice, you can't apply for the accommodation now, from what I know.
Reply 186
Original post by maereth
If you put Bath as your insurance choice, you can't apply for the accommodation now, from what I know.

Hey!
I went through some other threads and found this post from the Bath representative:
"Hello, I am a member of staff at the University of Bath Accommodation Office and would like to offer some advice on this matter. Prospective students can only apply for accommodation at University of Bath once they have chosen Bath as their first choice option through UCAS. In the case of insurance students if you do not get the required grades for your first choice then check our accommodation pages -http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accom...ing/index.html - for an update week commencing 19 August. Although the closing guarantee deadline for accommodation applications is 1 July we hope to open up applications again on purely on a waiting list basis during late August. Once A'level results are confirmed we will need some time to calculate how many insurance choice and clearing students we can house from the accommodation waiting list. By the end of August/early September we should be in a position to advise all insurance candidates of whether we can offer University accommodation, if we cannot then we will offer help finding private sector housing. Rest assured we will do our best to help in either eventuality"

So you're right. :biggrin:
Thanks anyway :h:
Reply 187

Hi I just firmed Bath and have an unconditional offer, having delayed my decision until I received all my offers. Obviously I did not realize that the deadline was the 1st to apply for accommodation. What should my next step be? Should I accept my fate and look for off campus housing? Thanks
Original post by Manu92
Hi I just firmed Bath and have an unconditional offer, having delayed my decision until I received all my offers. Obviously I did not realize that the deadline was the 1st to apply for accommodation. What should my next step be? Should I accept my fate and look for off campus housing? Thanks

Hello. Please check http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/applying/index.html for news from 19 August. We hope to re-open the accommodation application on a waiting list basis around week commencing 19 August. Although any application received after 1 July would not be technically guaranteed a room in University Accommodation we will try our best to help as many students as possible (note any room offers may well be for rooms in our City Centre accommodation @ John Wood or Carpenter). We will do our best to confirm availability within a week of you submitting a waiting list application. My advice for now would be hold fire on the private sector house search, until we can comment further on availability.
Regards, Student Accommodation Team
University of Bath
Original post by r.2

Those who have put Bath as their insurance choice cannot apply for accommodation until they have gone unconditional firm with Bath. The accommodation application closed on the deadline of 1 July. We hope to re-open the application on a waiting list basis during week commencing 19 August, this would present insurance choice candidates with a chance to apply for accommodation, please check http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/applying/index.html for further news from 19 August. If we cannot house insurance candidates in University Accommodation assistance will be provided in finding private sector housing.
Regards, Student Accommodation Team, University of Bath
Reply 190
Hello. Please check http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/applying/index.html for news from 19 August. We hope to re-open the accommodation application on a waiting list basis around week commencing 19 August. Although any application received after 1 July would not be technically guaranteed a room in University Accommodation we will try our best to help as many students as possible (note any room offers may well be for rooms in our City Centre accommodation @ John Wood or Carpenter). We will do our best to confirm availability within a week of you submitting a waiting list application. My advice for now would be hold fire on the private sector house search, until we can comment further on availability.
Regards, Student Accommodation Team
University of Bath

Ok but just wondering if I would get priority on the waiting list since Bath is my firm? And will I have to wait until 19 August until I can submit an application for accommodation? Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
I am really worried please help me...

I have made my application on 3rd of April. I got the confirmation email and all. However, today when I wanted to check the status of my application from Accommodation Portal (my offer recently has gone unconditional firm) I was unable to see my application. The whole section about applications were gone. I thought this wasn't weird since the application period has passed but I felt kind of worried. I am an international student, so I need to get accommodation definitely and I did it on the first day to insure I will get the room I wanted. I emailed the university but I am freaking out really bad.
Original post by joelwong
Hi guys, I've received an unconditional offer from Bath for aerospace engineering, though I haven't firmed them (still deciding between Bath and Loughborough actually), I'm looking into Bath's accommodations as I'm leaning towards them.

Yesterday the accommodation department informed me that Marlborough/Solsbury are already taken off the list and Woodland is going fast, which means I'll probably won't be getting a room near the engineering block.

Just wondering, how far is Polden Court from the engineering lectures and are there many undergraduates staying there? As previously said, it doesn't seem popular - maybe for the price and the catered option..

Thanks in advance for any replies :smile:

The longest walk across campus from any of the accommodation blocks is 10 minutes max so don't base your choice on that! I lived in Westwood last year and loved it, OK so the rooms are small but I think they're even smaller in sols/marl so that wasn't a problem. Not having an en suite wasn't an issue either, the toilets are 2 seconds away down the corridor and there's never a wait for a shower/toilet.
So consider your options, I know lots of people like en suite but you don't need it at all :smile:
Reply 193
Original post by Twigleheight
The longest walk across campus from any of the accommodation blocks is 10 minutes max so don't base your choice on that! I lived in Westwood last year and loved it, OK so the rooms are small but I think they're even smaller in sols/marl so that wasn't a problem. Not having an en suite wasn't an issue either, the toilets are 2 seconds away down the corridor and there's never a wait for a shower/toilet.
So consider your options, I know lots of people like en suite but you don't need it at all :smile:

Thanks for your reply, I did go for Westwood after all! Sounds like I made the right choice. :smile:
Reply 194
Has anybody else received an accommodation offer? Think I am lucky that I have an unconditional so I got offered my first choice, Marlborough Court, today. Anyone else in there yet?
Reply 195
I'm in Marlborough too! What number are you? :smile:
Reply 196
Eastwood E04.05 for me! Anybody near?
Reply 197
Original post by Beffnaay
I'm in Marlborough too! What number are you? :smile:

I'm in MB5:1. Although I have no idea what this means other than it being in Marlborough. Can anyone help?

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wattsalex
I'm in MB5:1. Although I have no idea what this means other than it being in Marlborough. Can anyone help?

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

M is for Marlborough
B is block B
5 is flat 5 (there are two flats per floor so you're on the 3rd floor of 4)
And .1 is number of room so this is out of 6/7
Reply 199
HELP!!!

So as you know it's results day tomorrow, and I have no idea what my results are.

I had already applied to accommodation months ago on the first day, but I just logged into the accommodation portal now and it says that I have no bookings. Does this mean that I've been rejected from Bath (my firm choice)??? someone please help me

edit: its looks like me and lanadelrey are having the same problems which is kind of reassuring, but I'd still like to make sure that it's like this for everyone?? thanks
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest