The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Student Court @ Wembley

Scroll to see replies

I WAS TOLD NOT TO BUY KITCHEN APPLIANCES COS LIKE THE OTHER TENANTS WOULD DO THE SAME AND YOU'LL END UP HAVING LIKE 5 KETTLES

I was told to just wait until you get there and then buy it all together, that's what I'm doing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by farihaaah
I WAS TOLD NOT TO BUY KITCHEN APPLIANCES COS LIKE THE OTHER TENANTS WOULD DO THE SAME AND YOU'LL END UP HAVING LIKE 5 KETTLES

I was told to just wait until you get there and then buy it all together, that's what I'm doing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm buying it anyway, haha with my own utensils and etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarah_twc
I'm buying it anyway, haha with my own utensils and etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I've got bowls and pots and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 183
I've already started buying knives, forks, glasses etc.. poundland ftw!! :tongue:
haha my mum's loving buying me stuff, it looks like i'm moving into a mansion with a big family the rate she's going! seriously, why would I need eight plates and bowls?
Original post by lukeodonnell
haha my mum's loving buying me stuff, it looks like i'm moving into a mansion with a big family the rate she's going! seriously, why would I need eight plates and bowls?

sharing is caring hahaha

I bought like 6 mugs! they're so pretty!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have lots spare at home so ill be bringing my home ancient bowls and plates haha just to save money from buying new ones though ill need to get some new forks and knives haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
sharing is caring hahaha

I bought like 6 mugs! they're so pretty!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I always break mugs, so I'm going to stock up

On an unrelated note, I'm worried I'll eat all my food just because it's there to eat
Reply 188
seriously, why would I need eight plates and bowls?

You don't need do the dishes everyday. :biggrin:

On an unrelated note, I'm worried I'll eat all my food just because it's there to eat

Haha same.. I eat when I'm bored haha! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

well we shall be students so I don't think our food would be the most amazing so that could put you off

although instant noodles are god sent

Posted from TSR Mobile
well we shall be students so I don't think our food would be the most amazing so that could put you off

although instant noodles are god sent

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've saved all my nandos loyalty cards so if all else fails, I can live off a diet of free chicken?
I eat because there's nothing better to do, I'm going to have to learn not to :P
Is anyone else likely to be going out a lot?
I've saved all my nandos loyalty cards so if all else fails, I can live off a diet of free chicken?
I eat because there's nothing better to do, I'm going to have to learn not to :P

Going out like clubbing ?? I will be :smile: well not every weekend but for freshers I will be going out hopefully every night :wink: and after I might just go out every 2 weeks or something 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE DONE! oh my god, every time my friends are like 'idk what present to get you?' I'm like a nandos voucher would be fine, I have like 4 stamp thingy's and £60 worth of vouchers

nandos ftw

im going out most nights on freshers and then every other week me thinks gotta save da dollar ygm :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke070
Gonna definitely keep some extra money saved up for freshers week. :biggrin: Also guys, I just came off the phone Apt Student Living, and basically, you can bring in a mini fridge and a mini fridge only. You cannot bring in anything that is considered to be bigger than one of them unfortunately, otherwise if you do, they will confiscate it off you. :mad:

Woo that's cool! I'm not gonna bring one but I want a kettle in my room so Ivan have a cup of tea/coffee in the morning do you think they'll allow that, you're probably thinking why don't you just go the kitchen well ill have my own kettle and stuff so wanna keep it to myself :P XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke070
Umm, I'll imagine that they probably wont want you to have a kettle in your room. They would probably just say 'you have a kettle provided in your kitchen yada yada'. Still, you could always just sneak one in :biggrin:, I can't imagine them wanting to search your room - just be subtle about it. :wink:

I can't be subtle .. I'm too honest haha if they search ill take it out to the kitchen lol! And I know what you mean but oh well hahha XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarah_twc
I can't be subtle .. I'm too honest haha if they search ill take it out to the kitchen lol! And I know what you mean but oh well hahha XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also it would be obvious because I will be drinking lots of coffee in my room hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197

Haha same, I can just see me getting a load of food and just eating it all cos I'm bored, or when I'm studying, then not having any money for any more! I will probs be joining you at nandos :tongue:
I'll be going out as often as I can afford (and probably even when I can't, like I do now!). Soon as I get in through the door I'm gonna be all, right folks. Leicester Square who's on it?!?
Reply 198
Original post by Luke070
Gonna definitely keep some extra money saved up for freshers week. :biggrin: Also guys, I just came off the phone Apt Student Living, and basically, you can bring in a mini fridge and a mini fridge only. You cannot bring in anything that is considered to be bigger than one of them unfortunately, otherwise if you do, they will confiscate it off you. :mad:

Argh.. I'm guessing they will consider a beer fridge too big. Hmm.. ideas on how to sneak that up the stairs? :tongue: I'm definitely having that on the sly in my room, once it's in there they'll never know!!
Original post by Tigrah99
Haha same, I can just see me getting a load of food and just eating it all cos I'm bored, or when I'm studying, then not having any money for any more! I will probs be joining you at nandos :tongue:
I'll be going out as often as I can afford (and probably even when I can't, like I do now!). Soon as I get in through the door I'm gonna be all, right folks. Leicester Square who's on it?!?

Haha I feel sorry for my flat mates, we won't even have got in the door and I'll be like "RIGHT, PUB EVERYONE"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending