The Student Room Group

Car Spotting Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
last term + early summer 345.JPG

A small supercar convoy I took part in! I helped my friend film for his car channel too (In the video I'm filming from the Boxster S)
Cars involved: 458 italia, 458 spider, r8 v10 spyder, r8 v8, sls amg x2, lamborghini gallardo + a superleggera, lamborghini murcielago, cl65 amg..
:biggrin:
[video="youtube;nj6OoeNq1MM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj6OoeNq1MM[/video]
Reply 101
Not very exciting, but I passed a Maserati Granturismo in Edinburgh airport the other day. Apart from that, the only noticeable car was an E Type Jaguar passing through my village. :smile:
Reply 102
lol the list is endless, i saw a chrome bugatti veyron about 3 months ago while i was driving. i have developed a love for supercars. that was my most flash car spot. i saw a very lovely maserati MC12 the other day. have to say my fave marque is a mclaren though. beautiful. i have a hatred for porche drivers though, along with their cars.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 103
Original post by RobinK
Got quite a few pictures on my laptop (I'm a pretty big car enthusiast) but here's a car that's not been posted yet.
DSC01264.jpg

haha where were you! looks like we have seen the same car :wink: or very similar.
Reply 104
Original post by Moura
haha where were you! looks like we have seen the same car :wink: or very similar.

I think I was on Park Lane at the time :smile: Completely agree with you about Porsches, I just can't bring myself to like them :frown: As you mentioned McLaren...
DSC01319.jpg

Spotted on the same day.
Reply 105
Original post by RobinK
I think I was on Park Lane at the time :smile: Completely agree with you about Porsches, I just can't bring myself to like them :frown: As you mentioned McLaren...
DSC01319.jpg

Spotted on the same day.

aw ok maybe not the same one then, unless they travel around a lot. i wonder how many are in circulation.

and very nice!
Reply 106
Original post by Moura
aw ok maybe not the same one then, unless they travel around a lot. i wonder how many are in circulation.

and very nice!

Where abouts did you spot yours? :smile: I suppose if I had one I'd be travelling in it whenever I could! :tongue:

I've wondered that too. With the losses Bugatti supposedly make on each car they sell there can't be too many...
Reply 107
Original post by RobinK
Where abouts did you spot yours? :smile: I suppose if I had one I'd be travelling in it whenever I could! :tongue:

I've wondered that too. With the losses Bugatti supposedly make on each car they sell there can't be too many...

i would be too scared to drive it!

it was in monaco :smile:

they make losses? then why do they bother?
Reply 108
Lol Mclaren MP4-12C doing tunnel runs today, sounded crazy! Saw 3x E60 M5s, Cls 63 AMG, Mercedes SLS AMG, lots of Astons (passed a dealership), and a Ferrari F430 today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by Moura
i would be too scared to drive it!

it was in monaco :smile:

they make losses? then why do they bother?

Haha I must admit I'd be terrified every time my foot went any where near the accelerator :tongue:

Bet you saw a load of nice cars in Monaco! They supposedly sell veyrons for around £1million but spend £5million producing them - it's just a loss leader to generate media hype etc. When you think that Bugatti is owned by Volkswagen, it's just a drop in the ocean.
Original post by airdoc
I had a pretty brisk ride in this beast! The SLS Roadster is pure joy! Feels very fast indeed, and OH THE NOISE! :borat:

last term + early summer 292.jpg

How did you manage to get a ride in that? :biggrin:

Original post by Moura
lol the list is endless, i saw a chrome bugatti veyron about 3 months ago while i was driving. i have developed a love for supercars. that was my most flash car spot. i saw a very lovely maserati MC12 the other day. have to say my fave marque is a mclaren though. beautiful. i have a hatred for porche drivers though, along with their cars.

I don't have a hatred for porsche drivers, but I never understood the appeal with Porsche. They may be great cars, but aesthetically, I don't find any of the Porsches attractive at all - pretty ugly IMO.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by Hustler-1337
I don't have a hatred for porsche drivers, but I never understood the appeal with Porsche. They may be great cars, but aesthetically, I don't find any of the Porsches attractive at all - pretty ugly IMO.

Couldn't agree more. They seem to have a pride in the fact that aesthetically their cars never really change, but to me it doesn't really show evolution.
... Unless you're Aston Martin - their cars are allowed to look the same :tongue: beautiful things.
Reply 112
Original post by RobinK
Haha I must admit I'd be terrified every time my foot went any where near the accelerator :tongue:

Bet you saw a load of nice cars in Monaco! They supposedly sell veyrons for around £1million but spend £5million producing them - it's just a loss leader to generate media hype etc. When you think that Bugatti is owned by Volkswagen, it's just a drop in the ocean.

that's a pretty good bargain then, next time i have 1 million floating around i know what i'm going to do with it!

i actually live near monaco right now so i have become kind of immune to seeing nice cars :P there are still some really beautiful cars around here though that make me go "wow!" :smile:
Reply 113
Original post by Hustler-1337
How did you manage to get a ride in that? :biggrin:

Belongs to friend of a friend :smile:
Reply 114
Original post by Moura
they are ugly and i don't like the unwarranted arrogance of porche drivers. i can understand "pride" in owning a car like a lambo or maserati or bently or ferrari etc. but not a porche. sorry but it is is not a classy car. porches seem somewhat tacky to me now, like they are trying too hard, i don't know.

I beg to differ..

2011-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-4.0.jpg
Reply 115
Original post by Moura
they are ugly and i don't like the unwarranted arrogance of porche drivers. i can understand "pride" in owning a car like a lambo or maserati or bently or ferrari etc. but not a porche. sorry but it is is not a classy car. porches seem somewhat tacky to me now, like they are trying too hard, i don't know.

Also, having met and spoken to many drivers of different marques, Porsche drivers are among the friendliest! You can't judge all drivers by a few you might have had a bad experience with..

:wink:
Reply 117
Original post by airdoc
I beg to differ..

2011-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-4.0.jpg

As car manufacturers go, I think Porsche (or at least their aesthetics) are quite polarising. For me, I'm really not a fan of that picture, but I know plenty who would be. I have to concede you do get quite a lot of bang for your buck with them though.
Reply 118
Original post by Moura
sorry but i think it is ugly.

ok well fair enough i appreciate your experience but mine is definitely different! maybe there's a difference between the fact that the porche drivers i have met are relatively well off blokes trying to fit in (and i mean relative to the average joe bloggs) in a place with many nice(r) cars... and car enthusiasts, whom i assume are the type you have met.

Haha, to each their own.. I don't find most of the older Porsches very attractive, but the newish ones don't look too bad.. The people I meet are generally enthusiasts, but there are a lot of very well off blokes, and generally, from what I've seen Ferrari owners are more stereotypically the ones to watch out for.. haha
Reply 119
Original post by RobinK
As car manufacturers go, I think Porsche (or at least their aesthetics) are quite polarising. For me, I'm really not a fan of that picture, but I know plenty who would be. I have to concede you do get quite a lot of bang for your buck with them though.

True, I can see what you mean, everyone has their own preference..

Also.. Ferrari 458 Spider and a Rolls Royce Phantom (or ghost) spotted on Sloane street! :biggrin:
last term + early summer 304.JPG

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending