The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EvaUK
We must see pre-Library River again though because the Doctor hasn't given her his old sonic screwdriver yet?!!! It's been bugging me.

Could have happened off screen tbh
Original post by EvaUK
We must see pre-Library River again though because the Doctor hasn't given her his old sonic screwdriver yet?!!! It's been bugging me.

I think they're just leaving the River story now. They showed the last time the Doctor met River (before the library) briefly in a DVD extra, which was really more of a joke as the Doctor met multiple versions of River.

It's a bit of a cop out really, 3 series of River Song and foreshadowing and they basically just write her out. I don't think we'll see her again.
Reply 1742
Original post by montstar
I think they're just leaving the River story now. They showed the last time the Doctor met River (before the library) briefly in a DVD extra, which was really more of a joke as the Doctor met multiple versions of River.

It's a bit of a cop out really, 3 series of River Song and foreshadowing and they basically just write her out. I don't think we'll see her again.

I hope we don't. I would be happy for an RTD style 'restart' to cancel her out of absolutely everything to do with DW and so I never have to hear any gob****e say 'spoilers' like her again.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
I hope we don't. I would be happy for an RTD style 'restart' to cancel her out of absolutely everything to do with DW and so I never have to hear any gob****e say 'spoilers' like her again.

Haha I'm guessing you're not too fond of her! :lol:

'Hello Sweetie' :colone:
It doesn't seem to have been mentioned here, so I thought I'd ask if people have heard the recent spoiler about John Hurt? Or not so much spoiler, but confirmation of a theory...

Spoiler

Just thought I'd mention it as no one else here seems to have :smile:
I don't know about you guys but I found the dialogue made me cringe on several occasions... I blame that a lot on River Snog but still. The whole episode felt kinda messy, as if it had been done in a hurry.

HELP ME I'm falling out of love with my favourite TV show :frown:(( Gonna rewatch some series 3 stuff right now, should set this all right.
I think Andrew Scott (moriarty) should be the next Doctor!
Not gonna happen but it'd be awesome :biggrin:

Also did anyone else see Prince Charles on the Doctor Who set? It was so funny :lol:
But Matt's hair is still short, how will this fit in with the upcoming episodes? Will he wear a wig... :tongue:
I reckon it must be fairly soon now that we'll find out who the next Doctor will be. They've had enough time to cast the role. I guess they want to keep us on tenterhooks as long as possible though...
Original post by Feefifofum
I reckon it must be fairly soon now that we'll find out who the next Doctor will be. They've had enough time to cast the role. I guess they want to keep us on tenterhooks as long as possible though...

Moffat's not exactly a fan of straight answers now is he? :L
Original post by Sherlockedd
Moffat's not exactly a fan of straight answers now is he? :L

No, but he is a fan of giving out casting details. We knew about JLC yonks before she appeared on screen. Same when Matt Smith was cast - it was announced ages before the regeneration episode...

EDIT - just checked - Matt Smith was announced in January 2009, but appeared first on screen in December 2009.

EDIT again - according to Wikipedia (that most reliable of sources :wink: ), series 8 is due to start filming in September. They'll have to announce it before then or it'll be leaked.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Feefifofum
No, but he is a fan of giving out casting details. We knew about JLC yonks before she appeared on screen. Same when Matt Smith was cast - it was announced ages before the regeneration episode...

EDIT - just checked - Matt Smith was announced in January 2009, but appeared first on screen in December 2009.

EDIT again - according to Wikipedia (that most reliable of sources :wink: ), series 8 is due to start filming in September. They'll have to announce it before then or it'll be leaked.

Oooh this makes me more excited
We'll definitely find out this summer I reckon. The sooner the better :cool:
Reply 1752
Did anyone get tickets to the official convention?

I got tickets for the Ice Warrior group on the saturday also booked a photo with Matt.
Original post by iBlueBox

I got tickets for the Ice Warrior group on the saturday also booked a photo with Matt.

No :frown: I would have loved to go though :frown: And I really wanted to go the music prom at the Royal Albert Hall :frown:

I'm at uni then :frown:

Have a great time though! Make sure you post the photos here :tongue:
Reply 1755
Original post by montstar
I'm at uni then :frown:

Have a great time though! Make sure you post the photos here :tongue:

Same! But the conventions on the weekend and I couldn't have missed it for the world so I'll be traveling from friday night, and returning on the sunday night,

Thanks! I will post photos :biggrin:
Same! But the conventions on the weekend and I couldn't have missed it for the world so I'll be traveling from friday night, and returning on the sunday night,

Thanks! I will post photos :biggrin:

PROMISE you will post the photo with you and Matt? :biggrin::colone:
Reply 1757
Original post by Maid Marian
PROMISE you will post the photo with you and Matt? :biggrin::colone:

That'll be the first! :P
Woo: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23226255

Dr Who exhibition on my doorstep later on in the year.

Quick Reply

Latest