The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Answer an American's question - why are the majority of the NFL followers in England Pats fans? When I went over I only saw Patriot stuff [albiet, I went in April].

also go Giants
Like OJ simpson all over again.
Original post by TrynaGetThePipe
Answer an American's question - why are the majority of the NFL followers in England Pats fans? When I went over I only saw Patriot stuff [albiet, I went in April].

also go Giants

Gotta go with that new england having england in their name.
Original post by Malevolent
Gotta go with that new england having england in their name.

But the patriots beat England in the revolution :tongue:
But the patriots beat England in the revolution :tongue:

People don't know history haha :tongue:

Also is that JR smith? :rofl:
Yeah I'm a big fan of his work
Original post by bornab3
Just a reminder guys, we need more players for the TSR fantasy football league. So if you're interested in joining below are the details. Come on guys, we need more people to play, it doesn't take that much of your time and it makes the whole experience of watching the NFL that much more better. Just give it a go. All you need to do is follow the link, and put the password in (you obviously need a NFL.com account)

Details are:

Link: tsr13.league.fantasy.nfl.com

League name: TSR Fantasy 2013
League ID: 1552916
League Password: tsr2013

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was just wondering what this league was like/ what it entails? :P I'm quite interested in joining (and also becoming more active in this thread), but I still don't really know that much about american football. I started watching last season, but only really watched my team's games (Colts :wink: ) Just wondering how much more I'd need to know about the league to be able to participate...
Yeah I'm a big fan of his work

Ahhh nice haha :tongue:

Original post by ZoeMaloey
I was just wondering what this league was like/ what it entails? :P I'm quite interested in joining (and also becoming more active in this thread), but I still don't really know that much about american football. I started watching last season, but only really watched my team's games (Colts :wink: ) Just wondering how much more I'd need to know about the league to be able to participate...

Boooooooooo Colts :wink:
Boooooooooo Colts :wink:

What's wrong with the Colts?! :L Unless you're a Patriots fan... :P
What's wrong with the Colts?! :L Unless you're a Patriots fan... :P

You just hit the jackpot :wink:
You just hit the jackpot :wink:

To be honest, I thought that most people here would be Patriots fans.
To be honest, I thought that most people here would be Patriots fans.

Haha I think there's 3 or 4 here ? Besides Patriots own the Colts :ahee:
Haha I think there's 3 or 4 here ? Besides Patriots own the Colts :ahee:

Oh okay, not too bad. And come on, if they hadn't lost Peyton Manning then they'd still be right up there with you :wink:
Oh okay, not too bad. And come on, if they hadn't lost Peyton Manning then they'd still be right up there with you :wink:

Yeah If i remember correctly on here we have Patriots, Chargers, Seahawks, Texans, Jets, Dolphins. I swear there's others and now a Colts fan :tongue:

maybe but always being beaten :ahee:
Yeah If i remember correctly on here we have Patriots, Chargers, Seahawks, Texans, Jets, Dolphins. I swear there's others and now a Colts fan :tongue:

maybe but always being beaten :ahee:

Not always... I seem to remember a certain AFC championship game :tongue:
Not always... I seem to remember a certain AFC championship game :tongue:

One AFC championship game doesn't change multiple beatings :wink:

Do you think you guys will do better or worse this year?
One AFC championship game doesn't change multiple beatings :wink:

Do you think you guys will do better or worse this year?

I'd like to say better... Hopefully Luck will be a bit more confident this year. He just seemed a bit shaky at the start of last season, throwing a lot of interceptions and stuff. Hopefully some of the new players from the draft will mean that we have a more solid offensive line.

Things can only go up though. Luck's gonna turn into a great quarterback.
I'd like to say better... Hopefully Luck will be a bit more confident this year. He just seemed a bit shaky at the start of last season, throwing a lot of interceptions and stuff. Hopefully some of the new players from the draft will mean that we have a more solid offensive line.

Things can only go up though. Luck's gonna turn into a great quarterback.

I think this year for you lot could be a bit of a wobble wouldn't expect you to win 11 games again. Think next year will be the one to watch out for Luck.
I think this year for you lot could be a bit of a wobble wouldn't expect you to win 11 games again. Think next year will be the one to watch out for Luck.

To be honest I haven't actually looked at the schedule for next season yet. But I agree, it'll be a couple of years before Luck really comes through.
To be honest I haven't actually looked at the schedule for next season yet. But I agree, it'll be a couple of years before Luck really comes through.

I think it will be next year Luck really goes bang. Pretty damn excited to see Tavon Austin though this dude looks mercurial...

Latest