The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mats Møller Dæhli joining Mold,e medical today.

No-one is clear whether its a loan or permanent , the general consensus is the club are dicks if its permanent
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by zKlown
Navas could be an asset to them tbh but I can't help but think they've overpaid for Fernandinho, he's good but does he offer them anything Silva doesn't?

Or do they play different positions?

Yeah, they do. Fernandinho is a DLP and was bought to accompany Yaya Touré most likely. Silva's more of an attacking mid. (although Fernandinho did play there in the past).
Reply 5822
Ahhh seen, my football knowledge has been in decline since I stopped played FM lol

03/04 times I knew everything :frown:
I think we'll finish 2nd behind City. All the top 3 are starting over with new managers, but I think City, United, Chelsea in order of how much the manager have to do with what they have. Chelsea still look a bit light up front and at the back for me. Plenty of bouncy little forwards but no strikers of the same quality. Dread to think what someone like Hernandez could do off that kind of service.
Original post by Tommyjw
Mats Møller Dæhli joining Mold,e medical today.

No-one is clear whether its a loan or permanenet, the general consensus is the club are dicks if its permanenet

Surely has to be a loan? Makes no sense for this to be permanent considering how highly he is rated by the club.
Original post by Louis.
He plays deeper than Silva, think he might have been signed to replace Barry as Toure's midfield partner.

Yeah that's what they'd do shaktar used to play him DM as a DLP. Hearing they were thinking of playing a 4-3-3 from the youth team onwards though so maybe they'll use all three of them(or rodwell for barry), silva out wide with navas on the other flank.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5826
Ronaldo's very brief interview from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjlE1kDwKM

IMO I highly doubt he's coming back. He'll take a massive pay increase and stay in sunny Madrid with his smokin' hot girlfriend. :rolleyes:
Reply 5827
Original post by Akkuz
Ronaldo's very brief interview from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjlE1kDwKM

IMO I highly doubt he's coming back. He'll take a massive pay increase and stay in sunny Madrid with his smokin' hot girlfriend. :rolleyes:

He wants to come in my opinion, the way he says he misses us is great, but we simply will not pay the money needed to buy him.
"I miss English football.

"For me, it was one of the best years in my career when I was there in Manchester United. Everyone knows that it is a club that is still in my heart and I really, really miss.

"But now my life is in Spain. I am enjoying playing there too.

"Part of my life is there, but in the future we never know. I am really, really happy in the Spanish league."
Back to Bale it is then
Or we could just concentrate on a midfielder and stop dreaming about £65mil purchases
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Or we could just concentrate on a midfielder and stop dreaming about £65mil purchases

Agreed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Land-based mammal
The story will leave some of you incredulous but it will enlighten a few and If I touch at least just one person then I know I have made a difference my story is moving and yet at times can make you feel as though I am living in a thriller, my story as descended into nightmarish depths that you can't imagine. It started in 2011 me and my sister were full of hopes and energy we became politicised and devoured left leaning papers such as the guardian however an innocent curiosity led us down the path of conspiracies. We became fascinated with the dark side whatching videos on the occult and the "Illuminati" it became apparent that my fascination with the "Illuminati" went further than expected of a politicized young adult I came close to rallying protests I sympathised with Muslims suffering abroad and also those at home being oppresses by the governments of the west. I harbored many home made theories about the Illuminati and governments of the west I was so deeply absorbed that I would make predictions about their next move and was always proved right. My main concern was with the water and fluoridation in poor areas in England one theory that the government readily admitted under the banner of dental health. I quickly realised that there was some thing in this and started shopping in areas where there was a larger professional population and not working class. It was at this point that "they" started blocking my Internet browsing and closing the videos I watched. They then moved onto following me they would follow me in broad daylight taking numerous pictures of me, (this is the part that will leave you incredulous) they then went on to giving me brain damage (through micro-wave energy I think, I've done some research) I was exhausted . The experience left me frazzled and confused I was on the advise of my mother and sister was taken to the emergency room where the doctor diagnosed me as schizophrenic, they forced me to take pills, I thought it was innocent but little did I know that the social worker and some of the nurses caring for me worked for this secret society some of them even called me by my Amazon name slyly , which is private and it was impossible to know that other revealed some family secrets to me which was impossible for them to know at the time. The medication they gave me is giving me accelerated brain damage especially in my frontal lobe, I'm now in a place where I might not be able to go on with my studies because of the extensive brain damage I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy. I now also hear voices which I think is from jinns that are working with the people doing all of this. They tell me to drop out of uni, and they tell me that they will kill me soon, they tell me not to enter society and to become a couch potato, I have restless night contemplating my future and how brain damage they want me to become. I am suffering extensively and living in misery. No one I tell this to believes me they brush it off as the ranting of a schizophrenic not even my own family. I hope God hears my prays and stops them finally.

Andddd, you think Manchester United fans have the answer to your problems?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate suarest. I don't think this guy have chance to play for MU
Reply 5833

Indeed. We need to offload Anderson and get in three CM's tbh. Carrick, Cleverley and Giggs isn't enough depth. Or at least two CM's and promote someone from the reserves.

If we don't sort out the midfield we have no chance of getting silverware. Chelsea and Man City are strengthening their squads quite well and very rapidly.

You realise buying a midfielder and buying a top class player like Bale aren't mutually exclusive things? There is no 'one or the other'. Why not just do both because 1) we can afford it and 2) its about time we actually spent more than £40m net a year? Real Madrid + Barcelona have just signed two of the most promising young players in the game, City have already improved their weakest areas and are likely to have an improvement in attack too, and the exact same thing for Chelsea. People need to stop trying to take the high ground, i'd absolutely adore seeing the club spend £50-£60m on Bale because the guy would very simply improve us massively.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
You realise buying a midfielder and buying a top class player like Bale aren't mutually exclusive things? There is no 'one or the other'. Why not just do both because 1) we can afford it and 2) its about time we actually spent more than £40m net a year? Real Madrid + Barcelona have just signed two of the most promising young players in the game, City have already improved their weakest areas and are likely to have an improvement in attack too, and the exact same thing for Chelsea. People need to stop trying to take the high ground, i'd absolutely adore seeing the club spend £50-£60m on Bale because the guy would very simply improve us massively.

You're right we can afford it, but it won't happen unless Rooney went for big money - which isn't happening either. Even then, it's still a long shot. Wonder what would be better for us in the next five to ten years, signing Ronaldo/Bale or signing two quality midfielders. Tbh with the way United play, it's probably the former.
You're right we can afford it, but it won't happen unless Rooney went for big money - which isn't happening either. Even then, it's still a long shot. Wonder what would be better for us in the next five to ten years, signing Ronaldo/Bale or signing two quality midfielders. Tbh with the way United play, it's probably the former.

Unless United change the way they play? New manager innit.

I'd rather see Bale if it was a choice between the two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5838
nice to see vida and fergie together at wimbledon
People honestly think United will spend 65m on Bale and buy a midfielder?

How much are the Glazers taking out of the club again?

Latest