The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Set-point for Verdasco... Surprising, I really thought Murray would win the second set.
Murray 2 sets down! :eek:
Reply 4882
This is the sort of **** that keeps Murray from really becoming the best in the world. He mentally falls apart at times... real uphill battle now.

We now see if Murray has improved his mentality. I think he can, but it's a long long way.
What is wrong with Murray. Talk about people saying he is a changed player, he has shown no change from last years Wimbledon defeat in this match. Verdasco is playing aggressive like his life depends on it, Murray is showing 0 desire and 100% frustration at the moment.
Reply 4884
Murray is pissing me off. Why did he hit that backhand dropshot when he had a chance to attack and win the point. So stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Set-point for Verdasco... Surprising, I really thought Murray would win the second set.

What do you think? Personally I think we're done here, he's making so many errors and the three consecutive points he gave away when he was broken seem to have destroyed him.
If we can all proceed over to the cricket thread in an orderly fashion to get ready for the Ashes... :sigh:
Murray is going to have to dig deep here. Can't complain Verdasco has taken what he's been given and run with it.
Verdasco...

With the Nadal and Federer matches, it was a combination of their opponents playing very well and the two of them playing rather average at times. I don't feel like Verdasco is doing anything special here though, the loss of these two sets is purely down to Murray's passive play.
Murray sees incapable at the moment of taking the ball on and getting any weight off his shots.
Reply 4891
I really didn't expect this to begin... come on Murray! He's making some awful mistakes at the moment. On the other hand, how is Verdasco bossing the game so much?
Oh God! Can't imagine what Andy's feeling right now!
This is becoming agonising to watch. :sigh:
Commentators keep saying he is a complete player with no weakness other than his 2nd serve.
Too bad the biggest weakness a player can have is psychological and that is what Murray has.
Can't see him coming back from this tbh. Would love to be proven wrong though..
Original post by KingMessi
This is becoming agonising to watch. :sigh:

It's so painful :frown: I just want it to end now.
oh god come on murray
Original post by Maid Marian
It's so painful :frown: I just want it to end now.

So many mistakes, and he's making such a struggle of even holding this service game.

(Though as I type he's held).
Reply 4899
Original post by Mr.Messy
Can't see him coming back from this tbh. Would love to be proven wrong though..

I think he will, but I'm not as confident as if it was, for example, Djokovic in this position playing Verdasco.

Latest