The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PonchoKid
been having loads of horrible dreams recently and i really dont like them :frown:
they involve me getting beaten up or bullied, but in really odd situations :frown: starting to freak me out, this is 2 nights in a row now, and im scared there going to carry on when im with my boyfriend :s-smilie:

I often have bad dreams similar to the ones you have, its like you don't sleep at all when you have dreams like that :hugs:

I've heard eating cheese before bed makes your dreams go weird, perhaps for the better though? Just a thought, im sure there are much better ways to deal with these dreams :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
been having loads of horrible dreams recently and i really dont like them :frown:
they involve me getting beaten up or bullied, but in really odd situations :frown: starting to freak me out, this is 2 nights in a row now, and im scared there going to carry on when im with my boyfriend :s-smilie:

Sorry to hear that!

:hugs:
Original post by Meaty_man
I often have bad dreams similar to the ones you have, its like you don't sleep at all when you have dreams like that :hugs:

I've heard eating cheese before bed makes your dreams go weird, perhaps for the better though? Just a thought, im sure there are much better ways to deal with these dreams :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

its horrible :frown: and apparently iv been wriggling real bad apparently, which must mean iv been really affected but them in my sleep :frown:
dont have any cheese in the house :frown: think i just need to be safe with my boyfriend i think

Original post by Anonymous
Sorry to hear that!

:hugs:

cheers :smile:

had a letter through today from the counselling service and have a phone appointment on wednesday. absolutely terrified :s-smilie: gahhhh
Sorry about the rant...

Been very up and down the last 24 hours...last night i had some dangerous thoughts i never thought i'd have.

However i woke up this morning and despite 4 hours sleep i managed to get my **** together and make some phonecalls, and now im in town sorting stuff out i've been needing to do for a few days.

Although mentally im sort of ok atm...a few physical problems have got worse; heart racing more, often needing to breathe heavily, feeling faint, shakes/spasms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3724
Original post by danny111
Hey are you feeling any better this morning?

Thank you for asking! I'm not doing well today at all though :/ Hope you're okay! :hugs:
Original post by 08batee
Hey, don't be sorry for venting, it's what this thread is for! :yes: You're not useless at all though. Try not to beat yourself up about it, maybe try and do it little and often - I can imagine that kind of thing probably becomes quite frustrating and tedious after a while :console: Break into smaller chunks, you'll get there!

I don't really know what's up at the moment, it's like doing the essay is extra hard because I'm going through a rough patch but I've got nothing to be depressed about at the moment, I was fine up until the end of last week, seems so random, I mean I've got a lot to look forward to at the end of the week, had a great night last night so I should be feeling fine, maybe I'm just feeling burnt out :s-smilie:

I'm breaking the essay/translation into small chunks, will take me longer to do but at least its more manageable this way.
Original post by HmMusic
Yeah I am, child is a boy but not fussed about colours. If it was a girl I would have had a no-pink rule but anything for a boy really. I really like animal themes and monsters too but anything is fine really.

Been awake for an hour. Guess pill to help sleep wasn't very successful. The phone signal is really bad here too. Feel like I might as well get up. I feel safe so don't want to see a nurse or anything. I just want to be at home with my bf and cat. I don't know how long I'm in here for and that scares me. They have said they will let me out for choir on Thursday so that's eased me a bit. Still feel anxious and am shaking but it doesn't feel like me because my mind is reasonably calm.

In that case I'll make the child something green and monstrous! :biggrin:

Glad you're feeling safe, and I hope that choir goes well and that you get to see your boyfriend and cat soon (they should totally let pets visit in hospital :yep:).

Original post by Meaty_man
Sorry about the rant...

Been very up and down the last 24 hours...last night i had some dangerous thoughts i never thought i'd have.

However i woke up this morning and despite 4 hours sleep i managed to get my **** together and make some phonecalls, and now im in town sorting stuff out i've been needing to do for a few days.

Although mentally im sort of ok atm...a few physical problems have got worse; heart racing more, often needing to breathe heavily, feeling faint, shakes/spasms.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Take it easy, you don't want to overdo things. :smile:

Original post by LesPaul_Player91

I don't really know what's up at the moment, it's like doing the essay is extra hard because I'm going through a rough patch but I've got nothing to be depressed about at the moment, I was fine up until the end of last week, seems so random, I mean I've got a lot to look forward to at the end of the week, had a great night last night so I should be feeling fine, maybe I'm just feeling burnt out :s-smilie:

I'm breaking the essay/translation into small chunks, will take me longer to do but at least its more manageable this way.

Ooh, translation! :teeth: What you translating into what?
Original post by superwolf
Ooh, translation! :teeth: What you translating into what?

I'm translating my essay from English into Italian, couldn't write it straight out in Italian. I hate translating this way round but I love doing it the other way. Must be good as it as I got a first in it last year and I rarely do that well in anything language related! (yeah, maybe a language degree wasn't the best idea with hindsight lol)
I'm translating my essay from English into Italian, couldn't write it straight out in Italian. I hate translating this way round but I love doing it the other way. Must be good as it as I got a first in it last year and I rarely do that well in anything language related! (yeah, maybe a language degree wasn't the best idea with hindsight lol)

Awesome. :yy: Watch out for English grammar and sentence structures creeping in when you write that way though, those buggers are sneaky! :creep:
In that case I'll make the child something green and monstrous! :biggrin:

Glad you're feeling safe, and I hope that choir goes well and that you get to see your boyfriend and cat soon (they should totally let pets visit in hospital :yep:).

They should just let you have pets everywhere... Like in rented accommodation. Also, I feel universities should invest in kitten rooms (there is actually a puppy room at one UK uni... I just looked, it's Aberdeen...). Given that pets are good for mental health, animals should be allowed in more places. :yep:
Awesome. :yy: Watch out for English grammar and sentence structures creeping in when you write that way though, those buggers are sneaky! :creep:

Yeah! It's more a problem with this one as it was really difficult to drag out to 5000 words so I'm trying not to cut corners and say things with considerably less words.
Original post by 08batee
Thank you for asking! I'm not doing well today at all though :/ Hope you're okay! :hugs:

I am actually, I'm (really) busy at work so I don't have time to worry about other things.

And that sucks :frown:
They should just let you have pets everywhere... Like in rented accommodation. Also, I feel universities should invest in kitten rooms (there is actually a puppy room at one UK uni... I just looked, it's Aberdeen...). Given that pets are good for mental health, animals should be allowed in more places. :yep:

Yessssssssss. I've been waiting nearly a year before I can get my mice (one more month to go! :woo:) cos my crappy landlady wouldn't let me. She was a bit odd - disliked pets, wireless internet, and half her tenants. :tongue:

Yeah! It's more a problem with this one as it was really difficult to drag out to 5000 words so I'm trying not to cut corners and say things with considerably less words.

Aargh, 5000 words of Italian sounds scary! What's the essay about - if it happens to be anything I know about I'm happy to try and think up ideas. :smile:
Yessssssssss. I've been waiting nearly a year before I can get my mice (one more month to go! :woo:) cos my crappy landlady wouldn't let me. She was a bit odd - disliked pets, wireless internet, and half her tenants. :tongue:

Lots of landlords dislike pets and their tenants I think (you'd think they'd have the sense to like the people who give them loads of money and not just annoy them, but still...). The wireless internet objection is a bit of a mystery though!

Aargh, 5000 words of Italian sounds scary! What's the essay about - if it happens to be anything I know about I'm happy to try and think up ideas. :smile:

Yeah, it is a big thing, the joke is it's more than the people who actually did their year abroad have probably done! Plus, as I'm not doing the dissertation (figured due to my MH problems I could see it ending badly) I probably will never have to do something as big as it again. Still, I am still grateful to still have a degree after they wanted me to leave at the beginning of the year. But as I'm going through a random rough patch now would rather just curl up and forget about it.

It's about Mussolini's rise to power, I've got all the ideas, the main problem I had was that I'd never written something that long before so was a bit confused re structure. I'm just aiming for a pass on this really.

How are things with you?
Lots of landlords dislike pets and their tenants I think (you'd think they'd have the sense to like the people who give them loads of money and not just annoy them, but still...). The wireless internet objection is a bit of a mystery though!

She thought it would lead to 'people congregating in the living room on their laptops.' :lolwut:

Yeah, it is a big thing, the joke is it's more than the people who actually did their year abroad have probably done! Plus, as I'm not doing the dissertation (figured due to my MH problems I could see it ending badly) I probably will never have to do something as big as it again. Still, I am still grateful to still have a degree after they wanted me to leave at the beginning of the year. But as I'm going through a random rough patch now would rather just curl up and forget about it.

It's about Mussolini's rise to power, I've got all the ideas, the main problem I had was that I'd never written something that long before so was a bit confused re structure. I'm just aiming for a pass on this really.

How are things with you?

I'd split it up into subsections or chapters based on theme (you could do chronological, but I think that's seen as a bit basic), tackle them all as separate essays but also try and link each section to each other. Then a nice long conclusion in which you point out how interrelated everything is. That's pretty much how I'm planning on doing my dissertation, which is only 3000 words longer than yours (thank ****! :tongue:).
She thought it would lead to 'people congregating in the living room on their laptops.' :lolwut:

Because that affects her how? :lolwut: That said, my dad reckons our house is like a cyber cafe sometimes, if he comes home and me, my brother, his girlfriend (and sometimes my sister too) are all on our laptops in the same room... At least your landlord gave you a living room though... In my last house, the wall between the living room and the downstairs bedroom was knocked through to get a giant bedroom which they could then charge more for. :tongue:
Reply 3737
Had yet another one of those days where I've spent most of my time at home :rolleyes: at least tomorrow I have a CBT appointment and then my gym introduction in the evening :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone else had a phone consultation before they started counselling.
im well scared, gonna have to hide in my boyfriends room while on the phone to them in the hope his mum or sister dont hear :s-smilie: gahhhh no idea what theyll ask
anyone else had a phone consultation before they started counselling.
im well scared, gonna have to hide in my boyfriends room while on the phone to them in the hope his mum or sister dont hear :s-smilie: gahhhh no idea what theyll ask

I did yes.

Have your heard of the depression NHS test? Can't remember it's exact name but it's on the NHS choices depression page and I was asked those questions and had to rate myself on them as well as an anxiety one. That was all.

Latest