The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Everyone here's all like A*s etc then there's me with predicted

AABBBBCCCCC

Am I the only person here who isn't a brainiac? Ahah:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 461
I got all A* in my mocks but a lot of them scraped the boundaries so just got them. Worst case scenario 6A*, 4A, 1B, best case all A*. :P
Hello.You must all be clever clogs.! My son took 8 GCSE`s ,but has failed the ICT miserably. He did no work,absolutely hated it [I kind of pushed him into doing the subject], and hardly turned up for any of the lessons. He never went in for the actual GCSE ICT exams.There was no point. So I told him OK, we [he] can afford to let ONE GCSE go, but only one,and that I expected him to do reasonably well in all his other subjects, all of which were academic subjects. Must point out here he has absolutely hated most of the last 5 years of secondary school,and getting him to go in some days was impossible. Had the Education Welfare Officer around to talk to me and him on numerous occasions,threatening to take me to court. The whole thing was just a nightmare. Thankfully, we got through it, somehow, and now i`m relieved to say, his last exam was 2 weeks ago and it`s all over. He actually [astonishingly] did a wee bit of revision for his exams, and he`s naturally clever in almost every subject. I expect he will get a few grade C`s and B`s. Possibly one Grade A if he`s very lucky. But he`s starting a college course in September [Doesn`t want to, of course. Would rather lie around the house doing f*** all, but told him that is out of the question]. But for the course he is enrolled on [BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care],you only need a minimum of 4 GCSE`s at C or above, so I`m hoping out of his 7, he will have got at least 4 of them at the C grade. You are all very lucky you are motivated and interested enough to care what grades you are going to get, and be concerned about your future. I wish my 16 year old son was like this.!!!
Original post by BigBangTheory1
Don't you need to do maths a-level to do further maths at a-level?

Oh yeah sorry, thought that was included :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 464
Original post by Captain Anonymous
2 months time relax for now :smile: nothing more you can do ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the attitude I'm adopting :smile:
Reply 465
Original post by Basket case
Anyone else like cant enjoy summer?:/ ... I can only think about August 22nd:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Relax now, there's nothing you can do! Enjoy the summer or you'll end up regretting wasting it away needlessly worrying :smile:
Original post by jellie88
That's the attitude I'm adopting :smile:

Same I'm just going,to forget that I have 3 whole GCSE's that I will getting the grades for arrrrgh I really hope my predictions are accurate otherwise I'm going to be so embarrassed to tell people at school in September about how I've not done as well as I'd hoped :/ all I can do now is hope that I get a generous examiner who just gives me an extra mark or two meaning that I will get the grades I so badly want.......AAA* is my predication it better bloody be right !!! :L
Original post by Basket case
Everyone here's all like A*s etc then there's me with predicted

AABBBBCCCCC

Am I the only person here who isn't a brainiac? Ahah:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in year ten and I'm predicted AAA* so no your not the only one,the only reason I should get the A* is because AQA's grade boundaries are stupidly low and the exams are well too easy,not that I'm complaining though hahha :biggrin:
Reply 468
the day will come round before we know it :eek:
Reply 469
Original post by Fashionfood
Same I'm just going,to forget that I have 3 whole GCSE's that I will getting the grades for arrrrgh I really hope my predictions are accurate otherwise I'm going to be so embarrassed to tell people at school in September about how I've not done as well as I'd hoped :/ all I can do now is hope that I get a generous examiner who just gives me an extra mark or two meaning that I will get the grades I so badly want.......AAA* is my predication it better bloody be right !!! :L

Haha! I'm awaiting 10 GCSEs and an AS, and doing my A Levels depends on the grades I get. I'm not stressing yet but if I get a bad AS result then I'll be really worried about the GCSEs!

And remember, they're your results, not anyone else's. So don't care what anyone else thinks about them because it doesn't affect anyone else but you.
I just hope I've gotten a lenient examiner and the rest of you have a mean and strict one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 471
Original post by sr-96
the day will come round before we know it :eek:

Don't remind me! The closer we get, the more stressed I am going to become :frown:
Original post by Olympiad
I just hope I've gotten a lenient examiner and the rest of you have a mean and strict one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gee, thanks :colondollar:

Likewise, right back at ya:biggrin:
Original post by Leechayy
Gee, thanks :colondollar:

Likewise, right back at ya:biggrin:

hehe! I did mean it in a jokey way, not serious

But admit it, that's what we all are hoping for :biggrin:

#lowgradeboundariesftw
Reply 474
Original post by jellie88
Don't remind me! The closer we get, the more stressed I am going to become :frown:

i know the feeling! but right now i'm feeling okay, not thinking about it much as im quite busy :redface: just try and keep yourself occupied!
Original post by Olympiad
hehe! I did mean it in a jokey way, not serious

But admit it, that's what we all are hoping for :biggrin:

#lowgradeboundariesftw

Finger's crossed it's a stereotypical happy elderly woman humming whilst spamming our test papers with ticks:h:

Not the man in the mid 40's looking about 66 whilst lacking the ability to smile:frown:

#thatswhatshesaid
#sooootrueee

:biggrin:
Reply 476
Original post by sr-96
i know the feeling! but right now i'm feeling okay, not thinking about it much as im quite busy :redface: just try and keep yourself occupied!

Yeah I'm ok now :smile: but come nearer the time...
Reply 477
OK I'm really scared I cant imagine myself opening up my Results

Posted from TSR Mobile
I predict mine to look like this: A*AAAAABBBBCCEE
Reply 479
I'm predicted ABCCDEFGHIJKU lolz

Latest