The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3760
Not doing that well at all. Don't know what to do and I'm scared. Urgh ****.
Reply 3761
First full day in hospital. Had a bad morning talking to a nurse about my childhood again. There is lots of talking about childhood. There is going to be more. I got told I'm going to be getting ongoing help for a long time now and that was very reassuring, but it also means proper therapy which I've never done before and it's going to be very hard work.

I didn't go out today but I'm allowed to go out when I want. Got midwife and doctors rounds tomorrow and my bf is allowed to come round early to help me with them, then we can go out to lunch. I'm also going to choir in the evening and I will need to get my stuff, but I'm not sure if I want to go home because when I see my cat I will break down and want to stay, but I don't feel at all safe there.

There are two other mums here both with babies already. It makes me anxious watching them. Not excited.

Going to try and sleep better tonight but chances are I will wake up at 4.30 again.

Sorry I can't quote easily, I am on my mobile and there isn't much signal. I will be updating in the evenings but not a lot as I want to save my data as much as I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3762
Currently in the process of watching some tv programmes :smile:. So far I've watched one episode of The White Queen (some drama set many centuries ago), and watching Don't Call Me Crazy, which is following a group of teenagers admitted into a psychiatric ward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
my stomach is in agony, and has been the last few days.. just eugh, tis like someone is stabbing repeatedly at my stomach, and i have no idea what the hell is wrong. bloody hate this.
Reply 3764
Original post by IDukem
No worries, i'm always a pm away if you ever need me :smile: Keep fighting Batee, you can do this!! I believe in you :hugs:

I'm doing all right, I got grades to be proud of and I managed to go out on a night out and meet some friends...something I never thought i'd do in January :'-) I do get bad days still, but i'm fighting agianst depression as opposed to me getting taken over by it. I feel so much stornger mentally now than I have done over the last few months. Am I out of the woods? No, but the light at the end of the tunnel is at least visible :h:

Thanks hun :hugs: The same goes for you, too :hugs:
I'm so glad that you're making some progress and you got good grades! That's amazing and you should take strength and confidence from it. I'm so pleased for you, I really am. You are a lovely person and deserve only the best from life :yes:
Why do nights have to be so hard? :sad:
Original post by tasha96
Why do nights have to be so hard? :sad:

I wish I had the answer to this.. think many of us struggle with night times (me included :ninja:).. What's up?

:hugs:
how do you go about getting yourself refereed to a psych ward? I have severe depression and anxiety and I don't feel safe or stable right now, I think a ward where I can be monitored is best for me, how do I go about getting myself put in one?

I see my psychiatrist soon, do I ask them?
Reply 3768
Original post by Anonymous
how do you go about getting yourself refereed to a psych ward? I have severe depression and anxiety and I don't feel safe or stable right now, I think a ward where I can be monitored is best for me, how do I go about getting myself put in one?

Yes, if you feel unsafe now you can visit A&E who will be able to have you assessed.
Original post by Idle
Yes, if you feel unsafe now you can visit A&E who will be able to have you assessed.

so I just go in and ask to be put in a psych ward yeah? and explain how bad things are?
Original post by -FireFlies-
I wish I had the answer to this.. think many of us struggle with night times (me included :ninja:).. What's up?

:hugs:

I'm sorry you struggle with them too. :hugs:

I'm just feeling so low tonight. :sad: And my head is really loud- it wont leave me alone. :cry2: My tablets that usually make me drowsy aren't working (again!) tonight. :frown:
Reply 3771
so I just go in and ask to be put in a psych ward yeah? and explain how bad things are?

It's up to the doctors to determine if you need to be an inpatient or what to do.

Are you referring to A&E? Just go up to the desk and explain your situation as best as you can, when the crisis team or whatever your areas equiv is are available they will come and assess you to see what help you need.

Best of luck :smile:
Original post by Idle
It's up to the doctors to determine if you need to be an inpatient or what to do.

Are you referring to A&E? Just go up to the desk and explain your situation as best as you can, when the crisis team or whatever your areas equiv is are available they will come and assess you to see what help you need.

Best of luck :smile:

oh okay, maybe I should ask my psychiatrist about it then?

might do, just don't feel safe anymore, don't feel able to do even basic things about looking after myself yet alone being around other people right now, I think I need intensive help and support to even think about being able to cope, and I think being in a secure place where I can be monitored is best for me right now really, I have crisis team local number as well so maybe I should call them?
Reply 3773
oh okay, maybe I should ask my psychiatrist about it then?

might do, just don't feel safe anymore, don't feel able to do even basic things about looking after myself yet alone being around other people right now, I think I need intensive help and support to even think about being able to cope, and I think being in a secure place where I can be monitored is best for me right now really, I have crisis team local number as well so maybe I should call them?

You can call them but from personal experience when I called them if they felt I needed to be assessed and wasn't already under their care at the time I had to go to A&E anyway.

Usually admission to a psychiatric hospital is determined by the local crisis team. The quickest way to see them is via A&E. If you phone them up and you aren't with them, they may come and visit you if they are really worried, but at this time of night it doesn't really happen. They would probably just tell you to go to A&E.

If you feel really unsafe at the minute, the best thing would be to go straight to A&E, or call 999 for an ambulance. At A&E you will be assessed by the Crisis Team / Psychiatric Liason Team and they will then make a decision about what to do next - whether that's going home, working with the crisis team, a crisis house, or an admission to hospital.

Just be aware that it's not that simple to be admitted to hospital - in my area & trust, there are no beds at all, and usually the only way people get admitted to hospital is usually through being detained under the Mental Health Act. Not trying to put you off going to A&E, just be aware.

When do you see your psychiatrist? It would be a good idea to speak to them about it, and how you can cope with your feelings.

Basically, if you are feeling unsafe right now, it's best to go straight to A&E. If you feel like you will be safe tonight, then call your CMHT in the morning and ask to speak to the duty team, and they can assess you then.

Feel free to PM if you need to chat.
Dont know what to do :frown: really freaked out. Heard noises in my room. Panniking. Itchy. Cant cope :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Dont know what to do :frown: really freaked out. Heard noises in my room. Panniking. Itchy. Cant cope :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you got any distractions that you can use to help you focus on something else other than the noises and your feelings?
I feel like I'm being watched constantly. I've tried looking around for cameras but I can't see any and I can't let on to my wife what I'm doing as I know she'll shout at me. But I can't get rid of this feeling, it's making me extremely nervous and on edge constantly. The adverts on the bus were telling me to get off and run away but I can't do that as my wife will phone the police she told me before .The last thing I want is the police on my ass. But that leaves me with this problem, what do I do? I feel like I need to run away and hide somewhere safe, our apartment isn't a safe place anymore. I've spent the last week going to sleep on the sofa while my wife is on the computer so I'm not alone but it only helps so much and doesn't get rid of the feeling. What really needs to happen is that I need to run away but that leaves my wife alone and vulnerable I'm also too much of a coward to do that and face them on my own. Really feel scared and on edge. :frown:
Original post by bullettheory
Have you got any distractions that you can use to help you focus on something else other than the noises and your feelings?

not really :frown: on skype, but dunno, tidied my room a bt so i can see, currently sat with all my lights on looking, which probably isnt the best thing to do. up at 7am aswell :frown: really cant cope with this, not now, not ever :frown:
Original post by PonchoKid
not really :frown: on skype, but dunno, tidied my room a bt so i can see, currently sat with all my lights on looking, which probably isnt the best thing to do. up at 7am aswell :frown: really cant cope with this, not now, not ever :frown:

:hugs: Have you got any zopiclone or sleeping pills you could take and try to get to sleep? I've got a big list of distractions I can send you if you like, there may be one on there that takes your fancy.

Latest