The Student Room Group

Medicine at Masaryk University in Brno (Czech Republic)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hello, anyone get into Masaryk to study Dentistry?? I got a place and I'm looking to meet people that I'll be studying with. Also looking for a place to live if anyone can help. Thanks :smile:
Reply 101
Original post by DentMP100
Hello, anyone get into Masaryk to study Dentistry?? I got a place and I'm looking to meet people that I'll be studying with. Also looking for a place to live if anyone can help. Thanks :smile:

Hey! I'll be going to Masaryk University for Medicine. It's not quite dentistry but it seems quite hard to find other UK students going to Masaryk.

Hit me up if you wanna chat. It'd be nice to get to know someone in a similar situation :biggrin:
Reply 102

Hi, I am from London. I got a place in Masarky Uni for Dentistry too. I might stay in uni accommodation for first few months.
(edited 10 years ago)
anyone doing the test at medsim in july?
Reply 104
Hello there, yeah I am. :smile: On July 12th and 13th. How are you finding the answers to sample questions? Google's not really helping me. :/
Original post by ABCD_1234
Hello there, yeah I am. :smile: On July 12th and 13th. How are you finding the answers to sample questions? Google's not really helping me. :/

Oh cool, so am I. For dent or med? Urm the sample questions have some aspects which are different from the A level spec, but I found that google did help. Are you doing maths or physics?
Reply 106
Hi guys I'm from UK
I'm taking the exam in July
Any advice ?? how hard is the exam going to be ?I'm very nervous about this
Need help!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Userd194
Hi guys I'm from UK
I'm taking the exam in July
Any advice ?? how hard is the exam going to be ?I'm very nervous about this
Need help!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey so am I. Best thing to do is complete the sample tests and model questions, and look up anything you may not understand. There are 40 multiple choice q's for each section.
Reply 108
Hey thanks for the reply , what source are u using for sample questions because all I hv doing is revising off my alevel notes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Hey guys,

Is anyone going to the Abbey College in July? Paid already just want to know how good it is?

Thanks

:smile:
Reply 110
For the revision course
Original post by Dr H
For the revision course

When I went to Prague and talked to the British students who went through CMUCAS they said the revision course helped them a lot. Which uni are you planning to go to?
Reply 112
Hi
What sources are you guys using for sample questions ?
I have just been doing aqa based questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Hi
What sources are you guys using for sample questions ?
I have just been doing aqa based questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Old A-level books
Reply 114
Do u know how they will be marking the exam per subject pass or all together pass
And how much is the passing %

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do u know how they will be marking the exam per subject pass or all together pass
And how much is the passing %

Posted from TSR Mobile

Masaryk: An average of 60% for med across all three papers. 65% for dent. :smile:
Reply 116
Ow right thank you guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Original post by Bunicornaces
Hello every, i'm a medical student at Masaryk university. I'm in my first year, 2nd semester. If you have any questions about the school or the course, i'll be glad to help.

Hi I live in the UK and have been accepted to do Dentistry at Brno in September. I have heard that there is a high failure rate in the first semester.Is this true and do the dentistry and med students do the same classes in first year?

Many Thanks.
Reply 118
Original post by HopefulMedic#1
Oh cool, so am I. For dent or med? Urm the sample questions have some aspects which are different from the A level spec, but I found that google did help. Are you doing maths or physics?

I'm planning to do medicin and maths as my third exam.Have you found out all the answers? I think I have, but not sure if they're right. For questions such as
40. The earliest paleontological evidence of the existence of cells is found in sediments aged:
a) 1 x 10^8 ears
b) 1.5 x 10^9
years
c) 3.7 x 10^9
years
d) 5 x 10^9
years
e) none of the answers is correct

I found out its 3.5 billion years but could you it say its 3.7 billion years ago or none of the answers above?

if its not too much will be able to share the answers that you have found so that I can be sure that I've done it right.?.

Hi there, I am from the UK and I will also be going to study Dentistry at Masaryk University of Brno. I'm currently looking for different places to live because I do not like the halls very much. What's you opinion of the halls and university accomodation? And it would be great to get to know people that i'll be studying with before-hand.. Oh and not to be rude but are you male or female? Many Thanks, hope to speak to you soon..:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending