The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam PGD Radiotherapy and Oncology 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Just had an email from admissions confirming that the grant for PGDip students will be £14,000 annually :smile:

It said that they get your bank details in the first week and we'll get paid monthly from then x
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 61
Yeh I have just checked I have the same email in more than happy with that amount :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RabidKitten
Just had an email from admissions confirming that the grant for PGDip students will be £14,000 annually :smile:

It said that they get your bank details in the first week and we'll get paid monthly from then x

Does everyone on the course get this grant or is it means tested?
Reply 63
Original post by never_give_up
Does everyone on the course get this grant or is it means tested?

I got an email too :smile: yes everyone on the course gets it as it is non means tested

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Has anyone got there grades yet???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
I got my 2.1 :smile:. Did you have results too?
Reply 66
I finished mine last year. Well done!
Reply 67

Original post by JAC12
I got an email too yes everyone on the course gets it as it is non means tested

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by sholder90
Yeh I have just checked I have the same email in more than happy with that amount :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What grant is this?:eek: The NHS bursary seems to give a maximum of £6,460 and that is only if you live in London.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey, I start the course in September too! Went to Teesside uni and did Forensic Biology which I graduated from last year. I got the same email about the grant but looked online any cant find anything else. Emailed Heather Drury- Smith and she says its for living/commuting costs but that's all I know!
Original post by popo23
What grant is this?:eek: The NHS bursary seems to give a maximum of £6,460 and that is only if you live in London.

PG students don't get the NHS bursary that UG students get. This grant comes from the local health authority x
Reply 70
PG students don't get the NHS bursary that UG students get. This grant comes from the local health authority x

Does this apply to all other universities which have this course (e.g. london soutbank university and university of liverpool)?
Reply 71
Dont know if any one has done the final bits for the online health questionnaire and dbs stuff, but when you have done the pre course day is on the 12th of September. I can't make it though :-[

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Dont know if any one has done the final bits for the online health questionnaire and dbs stuff, but when you have done the pre course day is on the 12th of September. I can't make it though :-[

Posted from TSR Mobile

What health questionnaire and dbs stuff? I haven't heard anything since the email about the grant we will receive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
I got an email with a log in for a pre course day, you have to do a few tasks then tick them off once you have completed them, I got an unconditional offer so maybe that's why I got mine first maybe ???
They sent us it a while ago I think- just the forms for the new type of crb and some health questions. When you gown for the pre-course day it's just to get bloods taken and check documents etc. I got mine at the beginning of may, before the email about the grant if that helps?
Reply 75
I got my email on the 26th of June, so I have no idea what is going on,
Reply 76
I got an email with a log in for a pre course day, you have to do a few tasks then tick them off once you have completed them, I got an unconditional offer so maybe that's why I got mine first maybe ???

I haven't had any email and I got an unconditional offer too, so that's really strange.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Yeh that is weird. The date it has to be done is Sept 1st I think, so Maybe they just send the email as they get processed? We wouldn't know when each person got their email if it wasn't for this forum.
Reply 78
Hi guys, all the best with ur plans:wink: .. I have an interview at Sheffield for radiotherapy n oncology soon :smile: would appreciate any tips/advise for the selection event .. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Khawlitta
Hi guys, all the best with ur plans:wink: .. I have an interview at Sheffield for radiotherapy n oncology soon :smile: would appreciate any tips/advise for the selection event .. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, is it for the PGD or the undergrad course? And to start this sept or next?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending