The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
I'm Predicted AAABBBBBBCCE

E in add Maths cause I know I done bad :frown:
Reply 481
Original post by Leechayy

Not the man in the mid 40's looking about 66 whilst lacking the ability to smile:frown:

Wow... you very accurately described the sort of person that comes to my mind when I think 'examiner'. Kudos!

Original post by ammmmm
I'm predicted ABCCDEFGHIJKU lolz

Dude, I don't think there is a C grade.

:awesome:
Original post by NikolaT
Wow... you very accurately described the sort of person that comes to my mind when I think 'examiner'. Kudos!

:awesome:

I'm glad our minds could think alike :smile:
I remember complaining to my sister about an exam I found hard, and she asked if I was going to get Z*... -_-
22nd of August.. my birthday :cry: what if I do bad?? :cry2:
but if I did well best birthday ever :biggrin:
Oh well I hope this month passes quickly:/

August I have something planned for every Thursday but July it's nothing :frown:x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need an average of B's to get into my sixth form and if I don't manage that, I don't even want to think about what I'll do :frown:
As the days go by, I get more worried! Arghhhhh!!!
Original post by Meliss
I need an average of B's to get into my sixth form and if I don't manage that, I don't even want to think about what I'll do :frown:
As the days go by, I get more worried! Arghhhhh!!!

What, so it's almost guaranteed you'll get in? :biggrin:
I think I need 38 points from my best 7 subjects or something like that
Original post by Elm Tree
What, so it's almost guaranteed you'll get in? :biggrin:
I think I need 38 points from my best 7 subjects or something like that

Thing is though, I don't even know!
I swear I've done terribly in my exams so every time I think about it, I panic a little.
38 points... That's with 8 being A*, 7 being A, etc?
Original post by Meliss
Thing is though, I don't even know!
I swear I've done terribly in my exams so every time I think about it, I panic a little.
38 points... That's with 8 being A*, 7 being A, etc?

Yup :smile:

Sometimes I feel that the exams went too smoothly which is usually a bad sign, or maybe it's because I did a lot of revision :redface:
Reply 490
Original post by Lucky-Roll
22nd of August.. my birthday :cry: what if I do bad?? :cry2:
but if I did well best birthday ever :biggrin:

It'll certainly be a birthday to remember!
Original post by jellie88
Haha! I'm awaiting 10 GCSEs and an AS, and doing my A Levels depends on the grades I get. I'm not stressing yet but if I get a bad AS result then I'll be really worried about the GCSEs!

And remember, they're your results, not anyone else's. So don't care what anyone else thinks about them because it doesn't affect anyone else but you.

Another one who's doing an As early I see I don't think I would be able to cope with doing an AS in year 11 on top of all my GCSE so I have a lot of respect for you for that and can't you just retake the AS in sixth form if you don't do that well,GCSE's don't really mean nothing anyway and you only need to do ok in them to do the Alevels you want so I'm sure you've done enough even if you don't get A/A* and yeh I completely get what you mean with your last point but I can't help but put pressure on myself to get the best grades out of the people in my year...
Reply 492
Original post by Fashionfood
Another one who's doing an As early I see I don't think I would be able to cope with doing an AS in year 11 on top of all my GCSE so I have a lot of respect for you for that and can't you just retake the AS in sixth form if you don't do that well,GCSE's don't really mean nothing anyway and you only need to do ok in them to do the Alevels you want so I'm sure you've done enough even if you don't get A/A* and yeh I completely get what you mean with your last point but I can't help but put pressure on myself to get the best grades out of the people in my year...

Haha thanks but tbh I put in less work for the AS than for any of my GCSE subjects :s-smilie:. If I don't do well I'm not going to bother re-taking it because it was just something extra. Yeah I know what you mean about pressure because I put a lot of pressure on myself and my school also put a lot of pressure on me. But the best grades in your year is probably not that easy to achieve so don't beat yourself up about it! At the end of the day, what's important is that you get the best grades you can, and it's not important what others get :smile:
Haha thanks but tbh I put in less work for the AS than for any of my GCSE subjects :s-smilie:. If I don't do well I'm not going to bother re-taking it because it was just something extra. Yeah I know what you mean about pressure because I put a lot of pressure on myself and my school also put a lot of pressure on me. But the best grades in your year is probably not that easy to achieve so don't beat yourself up about it! At the end of the day, what's important is that you get the best grades you can, and it's not important what others get :smile:

I just like to set my self high targets to see whether I'm capable of achieving them and so I'm going to be very disappointed in myself if I don't manage to get the 1 A* this year as I know I'm capable of getting it and I've set my self a target of getting an A/A* in my maths exam in November so that I can prove everyone wrong who thinks I'm only good enough to get a B in maths as nothing annoys me more then people who judge me as just average as what's the point in just being as good as the majority your never going to do well in life if your just average !! I will be sure to let you know my results on August 22nd,but if you don't here from me then you can assume that I've failed,and that I'm sitting in a corner crying somewhere !! Arrrggggh I'm ****itng it and its only the start of July !!,
Reply 494
I just like to set my self high targets to see whether I'm capable of achieving them and so I'm going to be very disappointed in myself if I don't manage to get the 1 A* this year as I know I'm capable of getting it and I've set my self a target of getting an A/A* in my maths exam in November so that I can prove everyone wrong who thinks I'm only good enough to get a B in maths as nothing annoys me more then people who judge me as just average as what's the point in just being as good as the majority your never going to do well in life if your just average !! I will be sure to let you know my results on August 22nd,but if you don't here from me then you can assume that I've failed,and that I'm sitting in a corner crying somewhere !! Arrrggggh I'm ****itng it and its only the start of July !!,

Breathe!! It's good to have aspirations but set your targets for yourself, not for others. As long as you've tried your best, you can't ask any more of yourself. I know from personal experience, if you start stressing yourself out loads and worrying about not achieving your targets, it does nothing good for you. You just end up feeling ill and that doesn't help you to focus on achieving your goals. It'll be good to hear from you and I'm sure you'll do really well because it's sounds like you've been working really hard :smile:. What do you consider 'failing'? Don't stress about it now, you'll end up regretting wasting your summer worrying your results. There's nothing that you can do about it now, so just keep busy and enjoy the summer :smile:
At the start of the year we did mock exams and received the results in an envelope within a 'results day' setting in order to 'shock' us into trying harder in our actual exams :unimpressed:

I am incredibly anxious for results day! Fingers crossed and as long as you get the minimum required grade for your A-Level choices, it's not the end of the world, surely? Just prepare to work your arses off next year guys :crossedf::gasp:

GOOD LUCK
Breathe!! It's good to have aspirations but set your targets for yourself, not for others. As long as you've tried your best, you can't ask any more of yourself. I know from personal experience, if you start stressing yourself out loads and worrying about not achieving your targets, it does nothing good for you. You just end up feeling ill and that doesn't help you to focus on achieving your goals. It'll be good to hear from you and I'm sure you'll do really well because it's sounds like you've been working really hard :smile:. What do you consider 'failing'? Don't stress about it now, you'll end up regretting wasting your summer worrying your results. There's nothing that you can do about it now, so just keep busy and enjoy the summer :smile:

For me if I'd don't get AAA* then I will count that as a failure as the subjects I have done this year as ones I'm good at and got an A in the re exam last year so I don't see any reason why I shouldn't get an A overall and I only need mid A's in the two science retakes I did(I didn't revise for them last year and ended up with a c and a b,I'm such an idiot !! ) to get an A* overall and the other A I should get in film studies as you can just write a load of bull**** in the exam and they give you the marks,but the WJEC grade boundaries are REALLY high you need 40/50 for an A !!!
Reply 497
For me if I'd don't get AAA* then I will count that as a failure as the subjects I have done this year as ones I'm good at and got an A in the re exam last year so I don't see any reason why I shouldn't get an A overall and I only need mid A's in the two science retakes I did(I didn't revise for them last year and ended up with a c and a b,I'm such an idiot !! ) to get an A* overall and the other A I should get in film studies as you can just write a load of bull**** in the exam and they give you the marks,but the WJEC grade boundaries are REALLY high you need 40/50 for an A !!!

Hmm I don't consider getting three A's as being a failure! Just don't be too hard on yourself. It sounds like your on track to getting what you want so don't stress about it now! Maybe if you thought about it as needing 80% for an A it sounds lower? I know it's the same but somehow 80% sounds less in my head than 40/50! Good luck with your results :smile:
Hmm I don't consider getting three A's as being a failure! Just don't be too hard on yourself. It sounds like your on track to getting what you want so don't stress about it now! Maybe if you thought about it as needing 80% for an A it sounds lower? I know it's the same but somehow 80% sounds less in my head than 40/50! Good luck with your results :smile:

Yeh I suppose but for film I had to do two exams and so only losing 20 marks form both together makes it seem very unlikely but then again its nit the hardest exam in the world if you good at writing convincing explanations that will persuade the examiner to give you marks !!
Reply 499
Yeh I suppose but for film I had to do two exams and so only losing 20 marks form both together makes it seem very unlikely but then again its nit the hardest exam in the world if you good at writing convincing explanations that will persuade the examiner to give you marks !!

Keep that positive attitude in mind!

Latest