The Student Room Group

Science Foundation Year at Glamorgan

Hey!
I'm planning on studying the science foundation year at the University of Glamorgan this September, and slightly confused about the modules that I will be taking.

This is what the website says:
"All students on the Science Foundation Year programme will study the following modules in one year. Modules which are worth 20 credits last for the entire academic year, while 10 credit modules are taken in either the first half (A) or second half of the year (B) only.

Foundation Human Biology (20 credits)
Foundation Chemistry (20 credits)
Foundation Physical Science (20 credits)
Learning Strategies/Study Skills (20 credits)
Computer Literacy (10 credits) A
Foundation Quantitative Methods (10 credits) A
Foundation Mathematics (10 credits) B
Foundation Statistics (10 credits) B"

Does the list above mean that I either have to choose 1 course worth 20 credits only, or 2 courses worth 10 credits?? Will I also have to decide which one to choose when I start uni or before?

Any help/ advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Ohh, I understand now. I thought it meant that I had to decide which one to choose. Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by guest1234
Ohh, I understand now. I thought it meant that I had to decide which one to choose. Thanks for your help :smile:

Hi :smile:

What course are you hoping to do after the foundation year?
Reply 3
Hi,

I'm going to study Forensic Science :smile:
Reply 4
Hi,

I'm going to study Forensic Science :smile:

I am going to be doing the same :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by wiktoria18
I am going to be doing the same :smile:

The Science Foundation Year and then the Forensic Science course? :smile:
Reply 6
The Science Foundation Year and then the Forensic Science course? :smile:

yes i am going to be doing the foundation year and then i will be doing the forensic science course :smile:
Reply 7
yes i am going to be doing the foundation year and then i will be doing the forensic science course :smile:

aah nice:smile: its nice to know that someone's doing the same two courses as me
:smile:
Reply 8
oh i know
it would be nice if we end up in the same halls as well :smile:
Reply 9
I'm doing foundation year and forensic science but at a different uni :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
oh i know
it would be nice if we end up in the same halls as well :smile:

It would have yeah, but I won't be staying in halls, seen as I don't live that far away from the uni :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Kerry89
I'm doing foundation year and forensic science but at a different uni :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

aah cool, hope you enjoy! :smile:
Reply 12
It would have yeah, but I won't be staying in halls, seen as I don't live that far away from the uni :smile:

but i guess we will still have classes together :smile:
Reply 13
but i guess we will still have classes together :smile:

yeah, we'll probably be together for the next four years seen as we're doing both the same courses. Are you looking forward to it?
Reply 14
yes i am i cant wait to go to uni :smile:
what about you ?
Reply 15
Yea, I'm looking forward to it too, the only downfall at the moment is going to be the early mornings, haha.
Reply 16
yh true especially that its summer now and we can sleep for long now :smile:
im going to be doing the same thing too, foundation year then forensic science, and i am really nervous now haha, lol fancy sticking it out together like? haha
Reply 18
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if this foundation year allows you to do a full 3 year degree in mathematics after you pass the year?
Reply 19
Original post by Shady778
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if this foundation year allows you to do a full 3 year degree in mathematics after you pass the year?

I don't think you can, but if you give the uni a quick email they'll email you back with a definite answer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending