The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Mceachran has been groomed to be the next Lamoard for the best part of a decade. Would be a shame if he didn't make it at Chelsea.
Reply 3981
Original post by Musester
Mceachran has been groomed to be the next Lamoard for the best part of a decade. Would be a shame if he didn't make it at Chelsea.

Meh, reus played 3rd division football after getting released by dortmund, it's not too late for mceachran, just think he needs game time at a premier league club as I think he's at that level.
Courtois
Azpi Luiz Ake Bertrand
Romeu KdB
Schurrle Oscar Hazard
Lukaku

Take Luiz out and the average age of that team is something like 21, which is mental. Paul Lambert would be proud.

Out of curiosity, how do people think that team would do in the PL based on current form? I reckon a little below mid-table.
Reply 3983
We'd be top 5 with that strikeforce alone but excluding Dave and Luiz there'd have to be less about 30 premier league games between them. Still experienced but not at pl level.
Lol the attack is similar to what we should be having now - same with the midfield actually. And even the defense to extent bar Aké / Bertrand (although in fact, maybe just Aké).

Although I wouldn't know how well they'd adapt to the PL.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TH3-FL45H
You would win a lot of matches with this team considering you have 12 players :tongue:

Lol! Just realized. Cavani can sod off.
Reply 3986
Original post by Isometrix
Courtois
Azpi Luiz Ake Bertrand
Romeu KdB
Schurrle Oscar Hazard
Lukaku

Take Luiz out and the average age of that team is something like 21, which is mental. Paul Lambert would be proud.

Out of curiosity, how do people think that team would do in the PL based on current form? I reckon a little below mid-table.

I reckon we'd be 6th in all honesty. Tottenham have a better team. KDB needs to adapt, bit scared about having ake play a whole season as a starter. Liverpool would run us close for 6th place as it's only the 3 behind the striker, azpi, luiz and bertrand that would have the required experience.

Still a very very good young team.
Reply 3987
Goal are reporting that we're trying to get Suarez. Don't particularly want him as we'd have the four most hated players in the country (Terry, Rooney, Suarez and Cole) but would prefer him over Cavani for £53 million, who apparently is close to moving to PSG.

Now all we need is Lewandoski to speak out about how the chance to work with Mourinho is an exciting one and he can kick us in the teeth too.

Some would argue we don't need another striker, but if Ba goes to Anzhi then we definitely do.
Original post by The Assassin
This is some incredible knowledge that you have here. Did you just pick up this stuff over the years or read it all?

Combination of watching current affairs programmes, documentaries and reading on the Internet. To be honest I didn't know about Standard Chartered until it was mentioned in the Liverpool thread. And I studied criminal justice and I have interests in other related fields so sometimes they relate.

To be honest there's a lot of hypocrisy in all walks of life and selective 'vision'. Let's see:

Spoiler

So often have I felt like copying that Jackie Chan meme.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by iRush
Not much, I'm afraid, I don't have exact numbers but due to the immense amount of corruption in the government, the people are robbed on a daily basis essentially. As they say, practice what you preach and that seems to have no effect on the government. To the public they talk about ending terrorism, ending poverty but each new elected government does the same thing. Poverty is a massive issue there, which inevitably increased crime rates. People don't get paid that much which leads to mugging, kidnapping, robberies etc.

Yeah, you have a point. I should really look round the other threads a bit more.

I've lived in the UAE (Dubai) for the past 15 years or so and if you look at the different demographics, the local population is about 16% of the entire population and I won't lie the government does a lot for their people. That being said about 30% ish of the 5% are very rich with almost half of them being the bedouins (desert dwelling people, farmers, camel breeders etc) accommodate for 70% of their population. There are approximately 765,000 of them out of 8.2 million total population are farmers. Most of the rich are foreigners actually. American, British, Russian etc are scattered around the country. You see Porches, Lambourgini's, Ferrari's, Masterati's all the time. It's just another car here, especially in Dubai itself. The oil has helped a lot but their plan was to use tourism as a dependent source to drive the economy but the recession really killed that buzz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-LjX_K9Cg
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Combination of watching current affairs programmes, documentaries and reading on the Internet. To be honest I didn't know about Standard Chartered until it was mentioned in the Liverpool thread. And I studied criminal justice and I have interests in other related fields so sometimes they relate.

Ah okay! Makes sense!

To be honest there's a lot of hypocrisy in all walks of life and selective 'vision'. Let's see:

Spoiler

So often have I felt like copying that Jackie Chan meme.

I agree with everything here, but not so sure on the rat thing. I wouldn't continually 'moan' about it, but I can see what they're talking about. I mean, there are issues with ethics (the issue of pain and such), but is there not a beneficial outcome for humanity for testing on these animals? One being, testing new drugs to check for effectiveness + side effects (before being tested on humans)? And not to mention the abundance of these vermin it's not likely to have a negative effective on the whole. Whereas, how effective have these Chinese 'medicines' using the endangered species been? I haven't heard of too much -- and if anything, I've often heard that there isn't much evidence to support the use of those species and it's just a belief by the scientists themselves.

Can't believe some of the football related stuff though. Some of them were really unexpected.
Also, this is good news:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/05/marco-van-ginkel-chelsea-move-vitesse

José assures Van Ginkel that he'll have a good role.
Reply 3992
Original post by The Assassin
Also, this is good news:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/05/marco-van-ginkel-chelsea-move-vitesse

José assures Van Ginkel that he'll have a good role.

Was just about to come and post this. Intriguing and exciting, even for me! :p:
Original post by jam277
I reckon we'd be 6th in all honesty. Tottenham have a better team. KDB needs to adapt, bit scared about having ake play a whole season as a starter. Liverpool would run us close for 6th place as it's only the 3 behind the striker, azpi, luiz and bertrand that would have the required experience.

Still a very very good young team.

You mean 6th with that team or 6th with all the players we have right now?
Apparently Van Ginkel has been promised a key role in the side... Wonder how many players in midfield have been promised a role now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Abiraleft
Was just about to come and post this. Intriguing and exciting, even for me! :p:

How many players in midfield has Jose promised a role now?
It's becoming a bit worrying.
Reply 3995
Original post by cleveradam
How many players in midfield has Jose promised a role now?
It's becoming a bit worrying.

Lukaku, De Bruyne and van Ginkel, from what I remember. I would think he's telling porkies to at least one of the last two, but I don't know; perhaps he has a more radical plan of transformation than I realize. :dontknow:
Reply 3996
Original post by cleveradam
You mean 6th with that team or 6th with all the players we have right now?
Apparently Van Ginkel has been promised a key role in the side... Wonder how many players in midfield have been promised a role now.

With that team obviously, I expect the title with the players we all have tbh.
Original post by jam277
With that team obviously, I expect the title with the players we all have tbh.

Lol.

Your track record in predicting Chelsea's league position has been shocking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3998
Original post by CB91
Lol.

Your track record in predicting Chelsea's league position has been shocking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really last season I said we'll be 2nd sandwiched between the manc clubs and we were 3 points off it :yy: God damn it if we'd just beat QPR at home we'd have been second. They took more points off us than we did off them the past 2 seasons.
The season before was shocking saying we'd come 2nd, although I did say we'd be in the CL final which made up for that decision.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Not really last season I said we'll be 2nd and we were 3 points off it :yy: God damn it if we'd just beat QPR at home we'd have been second.
The season before was shocking, although I did say we'd be in the CL final which made up for it.

Yes it is, 11/12 you were like "we'll finish in the top 4 no questions asked", then last year i seem to remember you expecting the title at one point then still expecting to pass City when you were in a scrap for 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest