University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton PGCE 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Laurawhyms
Hey,

I've just been offered a room in halls. Linden 209. Has anyone else got their offer yet?

Your first placement can be at any school in England.

Best wishes,

Laura

Hi Laura! I have been offered halls too! Mine is Room 211.

Ok great I might look at some near the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by SamLi
Hi Laura! I have been offered halls too! Mine is Room 211.

Ok great I might look at some near the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooo I wonder if we are in the same flat then! Where abouts do you live at the moment? It seems strange our move in date is 1st of September if thats the day the course starts.
Reply 42
Hi guys!

I have been offered room 214 so SamLi I imagine we are definitely in the same flat, at least that's how uni accommodation numbers work.

Laura, I imagine we will be on the same floor as you if not the same flat!

Edit: We move in on the 1st which is a Sunday and start on the 2nd. Would have been nice to have had the full.weekend though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
ooo I wonder if we are in the same flat then! Where abouts do you live at the moment? It seems strange our move in date is 1st of September if thats the day the course starts.

I live in Kent at the moment! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Mikey
Hi guys!

I have been offered room 214 so SamLi I imagine we are definitely in the same flat, at least that's how uni accommodation numbers work.

Laura, I imagine we will be on the same floor as you if not the same flat!

Edit: We move in on the 1st which is a Sunday and start on the 2nd. Would have been nice to have had the full.weekend though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool! Hi flat mate!

Where is everyone coming from? I'm from Kent!

Really looking forward to starting!

Sam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by SamLi
Cool! Hi flat mate!

Where is everyone coming from? I'm from Kent!

Really looking forward to starting!

Sam

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Kent too! Where abouts? I'm currently living and working in London near Paddington x x x
Reply 46
I'm from Kent too! Where abouts? I'm currently living and working in London near Paddington x x x

Maidstone, you?

Ooh cool that sounds exciting! What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Near Tonbridge/Sevenoaks way. I've been working as a teaching assistant this year.
Hello everyone,

I have an interview for PGCE MFL at Roehampton this week. Just wondering if anyone has any tips especially for the languages side of it?

Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by jemmahunter
Hello everyone,

I have an interview for PGCE MFL at Roehampton this week. Just wondering if anyone has any tips especially for the languages side of it?

Thanks very much :smile:

Hi!

Umm I don't really have any tips related to languages but if you do have a group presentation always put yourself forward to go first. It shows confidence! I was pretty nervous for my interview and I just bit the bullet and went first now I have a place :smile:
Sorry that I haven't really given you much help!

Good luck with your interview! :smile: hopefully you will be here at September. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Hello, I applied for accommodation at the end of march. I assumed the offers would be sent out in august?

How do you guys know where you're living so early on since I haven't heard anything apart from knowing i'll be guaranteed a room!

Thanks
Reply 51
Original post by spacepup
Hello, I applied for accommodation at the end of march. I assumed the offers would be sent out in august?

How do you guys know where you're living so early on since I haven't heard anything apart from knowing i'll be guaranteed a room!

Thanks

You should have received an email about it. If not then I would ring their accommodation department and ask about it as you only have a week to accept the offer.

How has everyone found getting the Alternative Placements and Observational Placements?

The Alternative Placement I have got is at a charity and wasn't too hard to get but I found securing the observation a nightmare, only.just finalised it today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
I have also got my alternative placement. I haven't got my observational placement yet. Did you get yours near the uni? Starting to really panic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Yeah I got it pretty close to the university, about a 15 minute bus ride according to Google Maps.

I would advise to keep on at them. I sent a ton of emails and personalised letters to the heads of about 30-40 local schools a few weeks ago and heard nothing back. A few days ago I went through my list and rang them all up, some had filled up and others told me to email...again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello Everyone i just came across this group, I'm starting my Early Years PGCE this year too and i have just accepted accommodation in Linden room 205! Very Excited and Nervous
Hey, is there a Facebook group set up or anything?

When did you guys have your interviews? It will be so interesting to see everyone in September and see who you interviewed with!

So excited for September now
I'm currently doing my alternative placement. It was fairly simple to organise once you know what sort of environment you want to be in. I've also sorted my observation as well.

How's everyone getting on with the ore course material? I'm hoping to persuade my friends and family to buy me books off my amazon wish list for my birthday so I don't have to fork out so much for them!

My interview was Wednesday 15th May. Was anyone else there that day?

Looking forward to meeting everyone in September. It's getting close now!
Reply 57
Original post by miss_f_hurst
I'm currently doing my alternative placement. It was fairly simple to organise once you know what sort of environment you want to be in. I've also sorted my observation as well.

How's everyone getting on with the ore course material? I'm hoping to persuade my friends and family to buy me books off my amazon wish list for my birthday so I don't have to fork out so much for them!

My interview was Wednesday 15th May. Was anyone else there that day?

Looking forward to meeting everyone in September. It's getting close now!

I have read and made notes on half of the reading and writing under control books and plan to move on to maths sometime this month. Finally, I will brush up on my science with the subject knowledge book.

What did you take to be the core texts? I went and bought 11 of them, although only ones concerning English, Maths and Science. Wasn't cheap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
I have only purchased my books! I had to wait till I got paid, but I only purchased four books. Two which was the maths that they said we had to buy and i got one science and another book about teaching in a primary school. I also have been to the library to borrow a few of the children books. I thought I'll buy four first before I buy the others.

Mikey, what english book did you get?

My interview was on the 13th of Feb.
Reply 59
Hello does anyone know about the government bursary? Do we have to apply for it or do we get it automatically?

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending