The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by This Honest
What type of gifts can I shower on you? :sexface:

That's for you to choose. :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Converse girl
We both need freezers :stomp: one for chocolate and one where I can hide in when it's too hot
S

:yup: and one to sleep next to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
That's for you to choose. :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't expect this reply :gah:

Well in that case....
Chocolate!! :ahee:
White chocolate.

Spoiler

Reply 8763
She won golds in Beijing but flopped in London lol
Got a bronze and a silver I think, deffo a bronze in one final :yes:

Silver an bronze at an Olympic final is not a flop, I didn't see your face on any podium last year :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8764
Original post by SecretDuck
1,209 posts in the music game thread. Ipoop is right - I do post there too much :sigh:

:moon: you are the life of that of that thread :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SecretDuck
1,209 posts in the music game thread. Ipoop is right - I do post there too much :sigh:

If it makes you feel better, the amount of posts I have made in all of the describe threads completely annihilates that number >_<
Back from Birmingham... My left eye is all red :frown:
Original post by ipoop
Silver an bronze at an Olympic final is not a flop, I didn't see your face on any podium last year :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I knew someone would say this...

look, after her huge success in Beijing, everyone was saying she'll do well and grab more golds in the London Olympics on her turf...but she didn't quite surpass or match her performance in 08...but ofc a medal is a great achievement. But she underachieved, perhaps not a flop.
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
:yup: and one to sleep next to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Back from Birmingham... My left eye is all red :frown:

why is your left eye red?
why is your left eye red?

I blame hay fever... And I rubbed it and it got bigger... (inb4 dick reference)
Reply 8771
I knew someone would say this...

look, after her huge success in Beijing, everyone was saying she'll do well and grab more golds in the London Olympics on her turf...but she didn't quite surpass or match her performance in 08...but ofc a medal is a great achievement. But she underachieved, perhaps not a flop.

Perhaps not a flop? She may have failed.to win a gold medal but have you considered the fact that maybe the competition was actually as good as her and she just couldn't keep up? (I believe the Australian team failed a drug test, again :rolleyes:) She's trained hard to get to where she is, surprised everyone at Beijing by winning Britain's first ever gold medals at swimming (if my memory does not deceive me). Her failing to emulate those result do not make her a flop, not in the slightest bit. Competitions get better, mentalities change, and perhaps the pressure of it being a home event got to her. Tom Dailey was supposed to win gold, he got a bronze, did he too perhaps flop?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop
:moon: you are the life of that of that thread :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wonder, will I be the top poster of Mark 3? :moon:

Original post by The Epicurean
If it makes you feel better, the amount of posts I have made in all of the describe threads completely annihilates that number >_<

Really? Let me guess, several hundred thousand :ahee:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I blame hay fever... And I rubbed it and it got bigger... (inb4 dick reference)

Ah I see
:colonhash:
Original post by ipoop
Perhaps not a flop? She may have failed.to win a gold medal but have you considered the fact that maybe the competition was actually as good as her and she just couldn't keep up? (I believe the Australian team failed a drug test, again :rolleyes:) She's trained hard to get to where she is, surprised everyone at Beijing by winning Britain's first ever gold medals at swimming (if my memory does not deceive me). Her failing to emulate those result do not make her a flop, not in the slightest bit. Competitions get better, mentalities change, and perhaps the pressure of it being a home event got to her. Tom Dailey was supposed to win gold, he got a bronze, did he too perhaps flop?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say she flopped, she's an amazing swimmer. She just couldn't meet the expectations of the public, and maybe even her own - which to some extent brought her reputation down slightly.

However, people are still aware that she was exceptional - just to participate or even come last in a race is an achievement!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I see
:colonhash:

It's horrible
Reply 8776
Original post by Olympiad
I wouldn't say she flopped, she's an amazing swimmer. She just couldn't meet the expectations of the public, and maybe even her own - which to some extent brought her reputation down slightly.

However, people are still aware that she was exceptional - just to participate or even come last in a race is an achievement!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :yy: it's not like anyone can get off their sofa and the very next day participate in an Olympic final just like that :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop
Thank you :yy: it's not like anyone can get off their sofa and the very next day participate in an Olympic final just like that :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8778

Using hashtags outside of Twitter is not an Olympic event yet :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8779
:smug:

Bow to my greatness :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest