The Student Room Group

ATAS application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by anirudhverma1990
The 'international office' is the one which is gonna help! ! Get in touch with them asap! Till then put in a couple of mails to atas too (although i never got any reply from them)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, i have tried yesterday and tdy got a mail from the ATAS Office to provide the complete details of referee's. Lets c much time it takes now to process dat.

Thanks a lot!!!
Reply 441
The 'international office' is the one which is gonna help! ! Get in touch with them asap! Till then put in a couple of mails to atas too (although i never got any reply from them)

Posted from TSR Mobile

i tried yesterday and tdy i rcvd a mail from the ATAS office to provide the details of my referee's(already clearly provided with full names).
Lets c how much time they will take now to process.
thanks
Reply 442
Original post by rakid20
i tried yesterday and tdy i rcvd a mail from the ATAS office to provide the details of my referee's(already clearly provided with full names).
Lets c how much time they will take now to process.
thanks

Hey ! i had the same problem with the referee details.ATAS wanted their full names as they could not process their initials.Hence i resent the details on 30th may but still havent recieved it.Finally got a reply 2 days back ,saying my application is being amended and could take a few more days.Which uni and course have u applied for? m into heriot watt for Msc petroleum Eng
Reply 443
Is anyone else having trouble contacting the ATAS office? I submitted by ATAS application on 4th May but I haven't heard anything about the status of my application. I emailed them at the beginning of June about it, but they still haven't replied and when I emailed them again last week I didn't even get an automated reply to acknowledge my email.

Does anyone know some other way I can get information about the status of my application? It's getting very frustrating!
Reply 444
I have the same problem! Applied on the 1st of May and sent them several emails - No response!
Reply 445
Original post by Cleo84
I have the same problem! Applied on the 1st of May and sent them several emails - No response!

I too had the same problem,fortunately after 3 mails to the ATAS,i got a reply last week saying my application is being amended.I had applied on 7TH May.Perhaps most ppl who have applied during may are facing this delay,I alerted My uni Heriot watt,and they didnt seem interested in helping me out.However I feel the delay is temporary and hopefully we will all receive the clearance by the month end.
Hey guys,

My ATAS application track:
13/06/2013 - submitted
03/07/2013 - approved (after 14 business days)

PhD in Computer Science, will start in September 2013.

To all future ATAS applicants:
carefully read all requirements on their website, double check your application before submitting it (all IDs, no abbreviations in names, your research proposal but not just the title, etc.);

spend more than 30 minutes to fill the form properly but win up to 2 months (according to messages here) of nervous waiting and irritating time.

Good luck!
Reply 447
Original post by silent_user

My ATAS application track:
13/06/2013 - submitted
03/07/2013 - approved (after 14 business days)

You're lucky you got yours so quickly. Does anyone know if it's a terrible idea to submit a second application? I don't think I did anything wrong in the first one, I just don't know what else to do! If I don't have the certificate by the end of the month, my university won't let me take up the offer so I'm a bit panicked.
Reply 448
Just a few questions: 1. The JASC codes are the course codes right (Physics is F303, etc?) 2. How detailed should your personal statement be? Do I have to write a long explanation what my intentions are? (this seems to be pretty ridiculous) 3. What's a University Application Reference Number? I got my student number form UCL do I use that or the UCAS application number? 4. What do they mean "organization of Referee" Cant my referee be family, friend or something?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PumpkinPi
You're lucky you got yours so quickly. Does anyone know if it's a terrible idea to submit a second application? I don't think I did anything wrong in the first one, I just don't know what else to do! If I don't have the certificate by the end of the month, my university won't let me take up the offer so I'm a bit panicked.

Don't submit a second application. I did the same thing and had to later get the second application cancelled. I would suggest informing your university of your situation. They might just help by either getting in touch with ATAS officials or extending your deadline.
Best of luck.

Original post by SaveAlice
Just a few questions: 1. The JASC codes are the course codes right (Physics is F303, etc?) 2. How detailed should your personal statement be? Do I have to write a long explanation what my intentions are? (this seems to be pretty ridiculous) 3. What's a University Application Reference Number? I got my student number form UCL do I use that or the UCAS application number? 4. What do they mean "organization of Referee" Cant my referee be family, friend or something?

1. The JACS code will be the code of your program/course. Assuming that you are graduating in physics (and physics isnt just one of your subjects), the JACS code you have mentioned seems correct.

2. Just write an honest statement to describe your intentions. Remember, the atas guys just need to know why you're pursuing that particular course.

3. I'm a postgraduate student. My university application reference number was the candidate number given to me by my university.

4. I don't think you're supposed to have personal references. They should either be professional or academic.

Hope that helps

Best of luck
Reply 450

Any news?
Reply 451
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me clarify with me situation here? My offer letter give me three JACS codes, and one of them requires ATAS certificate. I only submitted the JACS code that require ATAS when I filled the application on June 26th. There is no way I can enter three of them in the application form.

Also, I just filled the wrong zipcode and country for my university. :frown: I emailed them to correct this information a week ago, still no reply from ATAS unit.

Any suggestion? Thank you.
Reply 452

Best of luck

Thanks for answering all my question :smile:. This ATAS thing is giving me real troubles. Keeps misdirecting the pages when I click next after filling out all the information. What a horrible website. Last question before I submit, It asks for my funding and I put one as Canadian student loans and the other one will be my own savings; how do I list that? Do I put own "private or personal funds" in the organization name section and my own address in the details with an explanation at the end that these are my own savings. Or should I put my banks address?
(edited 10 years ago)
Thanks for answering all my question :smile:. This ATAS thing is giving me real troubles. Keeps misdirecting the pages when I click next after filling out all the information. What a horrible website. Last question before I submit, It asks for my funding and I put one as Canadian student loans and the other one will be my own savings; how do I list that? Do I put own "private or personal funds" in the organization name section and my own address in the details with an explanation at the end that these are my own savings. Or should I put my banks address?

Yeah.. do exactly that.
Put self-funded in the organisation name and own address and contact details followed by an explanation in the comments box. That is how i had submitted my form and i've already received my atas.

Btw, which course n university?
Reply 454
Original post by Cleo84
Any news?

Nothing yet, sadly. I emailed some people at my university so hopefully they'll be able to help me. If not, I may be forced to go and occupy the consulate!

Have you had any progress?
Reply 455
Yeah.. do exactly that.
Put self-funded in the organisation name and own address and contact details followed by an explanation in the comments box. That is how i had submitted my form and i've already received my atas.

Btw, which course n university?

THANKS! Im submiting today, will update on the status when it gets approved. :smile:

Im doing Theoretical Physics MSci at UCL.
Reply 456
Nothing yet, sadly. I emailed some people at my university so hopefully they'll be able to help me. If not, I may be forced to go and occupy the consulate!

Have you had any progress?

Nothing :frown: I contacted the International Office last week and they said that the ATAS team hasn't replied yet! I guess we just have to wait.
THANKS! Im submiting today, will update on the status when it gets approved. :smile:

Im doing Theoretical Physics MSci at UCL.

Best of luck. Hope you get it soon.

I didn't know that an atas is required for theoretical physics!

My sister has applied for MSc environmental sciences in UCL. Luckily she didn't need an atas but even she's desperately waiting for her CAS.

Any one here who's received their CAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 458
Original post by sajipvarghese
Just write your own name as sponsor organization name and in description mention that you yourself will be funding your education. That's more than enough.

am also having the same problems,pls what will i do .
Reply 459
Original post by Cleo84
Nothing :frown: I contacted the International Office last week and they said that the ATAS team hasn't replied yet! I guess we just have to wait.

I hope you hear back soon!

My ATAS approval finally came through today, along with the response to an email I sent them on the 4th of June. Very relieved. Hopefully yours doesn't take too much longer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending