The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3920
Original post by bullettheory
Good luck with your mate

Thanks I just hope he gets it. Im not looking for anything from him just hopefully he'll understand i'm not just an attention seeker :frown:
Reply 3921
Ugh. I dont know. Is it pathetic to send a depression factsheet to someone? What if they just go...right ok whatever. :frown:
Reply 3922
Original post by zonkfrog
Ugh. I dont know. Is it pathetic to send a depression factsheet to someone? What if they just go...right ok whatever. :frown:

If they don't understand it it isn't your fault! You would have done something very brave and you should be proud of yourself but you shouldn't feel guilty or sad if they can't, don't or won't understand it!

I had to deal with a similar situation recently. I'd told a friend that I suffer from depression and they told me that they understood. I thought they did too; only until they began to make insensitive remarks about harming themselves and other inappropriate comments as thought it had become something of a joke.

Please don't make excuses for their ignorance!
Original post by Kindred
:hugs:
I know! It's boiling! Try rubbing some cold water or ice cubes on spots like the back of your neck, your wrists, knees, elbows, forehead, small of your back and chest. It's what I do before bed on a really hot night and it works wonders! That and drinking load of water and thinking cool thoughts :smile: just think though- we're actually having a summer this year! That's cause fore some celebration. We have sunshine! :biggrin: (Although I'd appreciate a tad not breeze and a little less heat).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I spent another night with no duvet at all! Been drinking loads of juice, well loads for me :tongue: and we have a fan in the bedroom as well. I like breezes but there appears to be none! It's just muggy and sticky and hot :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
:hugs: you're fine just the way you are! But hey you can always try messing about with new hair styles, you could even dye it. May be something cool to do with your bf or to keep you occupied tonight. :smile:
Hope you feel better tomorrow. You don't have to lie to him, give it a think again later. He sounds like he's been really understanding and helpful for you so remember that too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm not, don't be silly!
I do, I dye it so much so I've destroyed it, it's so dry and matts all the time :frown: its horrible :frown:

I feel a bit better, we had lots of snuggles after I wrote that and it made me feel better, however I did wake up in an empty bed which was odd :frown: he's too good to me! Far too good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3925
Original post by Amador
If they don't understand it it isn't your fault! You would have done something very brave and you should be proud of yourself but you shouldn't feel guilty or sad if they can't, don't or won't understand it!

I had to deal with a similar situation recently. I'd told a friend that I suffer from depression and they told me that they understood. I thought they did too; only until they began to make insensitive remarks ....

Yeah he read stuff. Said he knew about depression and he even had a girlfriend with it before he just wasnt interested in helping ME.

He made it a fight. Said he wasnt the person to help me so wasnt going to try. He eventually said maybe we can hang out at some point and go bowling.
I pointed out I have a 0 bank balance and he said thats a shame. He doesnt want to do anything free cause he likes spending money.

I tried to help someone understand and they abandoned me.
Reply 3926
Yeah he read stuff. Said he knew about depression and he even had a girlfriend with it before he just wasnt interested in helping ME.

He made it a fight. Said he wasnt the person to help me so wasnt going to try. He eventually said maybe we can hang out at some point and go bowling.
I pointed out I have a 0 bank balance and he said thats a shame. He doesnt want to do anything free cause he likes spending money.

I tried to help someone understand and they abandoned me.

Honestly you might not feel like it but it's actually better to find out which of your 'friends' have this attitude so you can categorically label them a **** in your head and make sure you don't go out of your way to help them in the future.
Started a lowered dose of citalopram on friday and I'm feeling so ****ty today :frown: dunno if it's linked but all I want to do is sleep, even though I had a good sleep last night :frown: I don't even know what I should be looking out for :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Started a lowered dose of citalopram on friday and I'm feeling so ****ty today :frown: dunno if it's linked but all I want to do is sleep, even though I had a good sleep last night :frown: I don't even know what I should be looking out for :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really hot out so it may just be that :smile: have a good load to drink and see how it goes. It may be your body getting used to the different dose or it may be something completely different. Either way it's not a big deal at the moment so don't worry about it. If anything else wierd happens or you're like this too much longer think about calling your doc though. :hugs: just take it easy and enjoy yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
It's really hot out so it may just be that :smile: have a good load to drink and see how it goes. It may be your body getting used to the different dose or it may be something completely different. Either way it's not a big deal at the moment so don't worry about it. If anything else wierd happens or you're like this too much longer think about calling your doc though. :hugs: just take it easy and enjoy yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think it's lowered dose, instead of slowly taking me down, they've halted my dose :s-smilie:
I hope it don't get worse or carry on because I'm not at home for about another month!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think it's lowered dose, instead of slowly taking me down, they've halted my dose :s-smilie:
I hope it don't get worse or carry on because I'm not at home for about another month!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you with your boyfriend? I'm sure it will be fine! I don't think it will last more than a day or two and you have him for support. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shaking with pain. At a training day like an hour from home and really need to get back. My back and stomach are killing me and I feel so ill. I just want to curl up and sleep through the pain but I can't. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3932
Wahh. Should not follow up 10 mile bike ride with a run, ever, but especially not in this heat. Not sure if I'm going to get my breath back all day! Feels good to be in good enough fitness to do it, though. Getting 1-2 hours of exercise a day definitely makes me feel better (might be a control thing, or just chemical). It's especially good if you stop for cake halfway round. :colone:
Original post by Idle
Honestly you might not feel like it but it's actually better to find out which of your 'friends' have this attitude so you can categorically label them a **** in your head and make sure you don't go out of your way to help them in the future.

Best advice I've seen in a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
Are you with your boyfriend? I'm sure it will be fine! I don't think it will last more than a day or two and you have him for support. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah is am, so I could get a temp appointment here if needed, but not with my GP.
Just want it to go, so tired, even though I had a full nits sleep last night! Drinking loads as well.
And already done 1 half stupid thing today :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3935
Original post by Idle

Thank you. I know youre right. It was just so confusing and unexpected. I'm blocking all contact with him. After a few hours he msged and say are we good or are you still upset and annoyed. As if it was me that was in the wrong. So I'm just not interested anymore.

He doesnt want to help and I cant pretend I'm fine so I guess thats it. Its a shame to lose people over this but I think I'm making the right decision.
Thank you. I know youre right. It was just so confusing and unexpected. I'm blocking all contact with him. After a few hours he msged and say are we good or are you still upset and annoyed. As if it was me that was in the wrong. So I'm just not interested anymore.

He doesnt want to help and I cant pretend I'm fine so I guess thats it. Its a shame to lose people over this but I think I'm making the right decision.

Losing people over depression sucks arse, I lost my 2 best mates from uni because of it, and I know others have, even fully grown adults! So try not to let it beat you up, they clearly aren't good enough for you, and if they aren't willing to help you then you dont need them in your life, in fact you will probably do better without them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3937
Losing people over depression sucks arse, I lost my 2 best mates from uni because of it, and I know others have, even fully grown adults! So try not to let it beat you up, they clearly aren't good enough for you, and if they aren't willing to help you then you dont need them in your life, in fact you will probably do better without them!

Thanks. Haha 'fully grown adults' I might be that category.

I think my day'll get better from here. :smile: Watching the tennis.
I don't understand why "someone" is out to get me? :s-smilie:. He is always there.. can't get away from him.. I have nowhere to go at all, and I just take it all. I wish I wasn't here. Can I run someplace where no one knows me at all? I wish I could.
Thanks. Haha 'fully grown adults' I might be that category.

I think my day'll get better from here. :smile: Watching the tennis.

Well if you 40 in a few days then yes you do :tongue: haha

Yeah we've got the tennis on and IRS looking hopeful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile