The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roryyb

aha

Blue and white tie combination just to make things even better.
Front page tomorrow.
Great list of Wimbledon Men's Champions:

1936 - Fred Perry
...............................................................................................................................................................................................2003 - Roger Federer
2004 - Roger Federer
2005 - Roger Federer
2006 - Roger Federer
2007 - Roger Federer
2008 - Rafael Nadal
2009 - Roger Federer
2010 - Rafael Nadal
2011 - Novak Djokovic
2012 - Roger Federer

2013 - ANDY MURRAY.

What a moment for British tennis. And what an amazing last game, where Djokovic could very easily have turned the tide! Congratulations, Andy!
As for Novak, it's on to the hard courts in America and the the US Open to maybe exact revenge.
Original post by Krish4791
Great list of Wimbledon Men's Champions:

1936 - Fred Perry
...............................................................................................................................................................................................2003 - Roger Federer
2004 - Roger Federer
2005 - Roger Federer
2006 - Roger Federer
2007 - Roger Federer
2008 - Rafael Nadal
2009 - Roger Federer
2010 - Rafael Nadal
2011 - Novak Djokovic
2012 - Roger Federer

2013 - ANDY MURRAY.

What a moment for British tennis. And what an amazing last game, where Djokovic could very easily have turned the tide! Congratulations, Andy!
As for Novak, it's on to the hard courts in America and the the US Open to maybe exact revenge.

Nadal looks very strong on clay and hard.
Would be good to see if Murray can retain US open though.
Respect a champion that Murray is. Also respect the fight and tact that Djokovic showed.

What I can't stand is pure hatred, favouritism is ok yes - hatred not at all.
I have found it !!!

Original post by cleveradam

I want to see Murray vs Nadal at some point this year - it would be good as a measure of how much Murray has improved.
Reply 6426
Original post by 419
First Brit to win any form of GS in forever.

Hmmmmm...........

2 GS don't make you a great. 7/8+ does. Can Murray win that many slams? I doubt it.

And tennis is not just a British sport, it's a worldwide sport. So maybe in the eyes of British, he is one of the greats, but non-British will always regard Federer, Nadal, Sampras, Laver and Borg as one of the greatest.
Unbelievable scenes! This is history. All you Andy Murray haters can now pipe right down.
Reply 6428
Only Nadal never lost in 3 sets in a final. YESSSSS!:wink:
Absolutely massive crowd!
Reply 6430
Bit early for the all time great status yet, he's only a two time champion and still 2-4 in the finals. But he has probably been the best player in the last 12 months. We'll see what happens in the US open where Djokovic will look to get some revenge and you've still got Federer, Nadal and Del Potro. Will be an interesting championship for sure...
Original post by Fullofsurprises
For sure, the guy I was replying to implied he never would be - but it must now be a possibility, he is still on an apparent upward curve, strongly upwards if today is anything to go by.

Not really. He's 26 most tennis players' footwork and physical conditioning takes a deep decline at around 28. He will never be a great because his game relies on his physical conditoning, he has "peaked" too late. Literally he only has 1.5 years of being a consistent slam contender.
Is this the one

Murray's getting laid tonight...
Original post by Ultimate1
Not really. He's 26 most tennis players' footwork and ohysical conditioning takes a deep decline at around 28. He will never be a great because his game relies on hisphysicak conditoning he has "peaked" too late. Literally he only has 1.5 years of being a consistent slam contender.

Yeah, he could go on beyond 28 though, late peak - late decline.
Original post by Elm Tree
Murray's getting laid tonight...

He was gonna get laid regardless :colone:
Well Done Andy!
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Yeah, he could go on beyond 28 though, late peak - late decline.

Exactly! No reason why he cannot maintain this until he's 30. His conditioning is superb and I see a lack of genuine new grand slam contenders making the breakthrough in the next few years.
Reply 6438
Original post by cleveradam

I want Nadal to win US Open or Delpo after that I wouldn't mind if Murray Retained his us open title.
who is this butchering pure imagination???

Latest