The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

RGU Pharmacy 2013

Has anyone else applied to and got offers for Pharmacy this year? I've accepted my unconditional so I'm definitely doing Pharmacy at RGU :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hey sophie! I've got offers for pharm from aston, medway school of pharm, sunderland and robert gordon! Not quite sure where to firm and what to put down as my insurance! Any advice would be appreciated!
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Yea but RGU is my insurance. I firmed Queens in Belfast.
Reply 3
Congratulations to everyone who got offers and the smart people who decided to firm RGU. :wink:

I'm a current second year pharmacy student at RGU. Should you have any questions about RGU/the pharmacy course, fire away! :smile:
Reply 4
I have received a conditional offer to RGU for pharmacy 2013 :smile:
I have a few questions for you!
Firstly, regarding the course, what are the weekly lecture hours like? Do you receive many assignments over the course of the year or is it mostly study? How do you find the course in general? Very tough, quite doable or maybe somewhere in between?
Also, where would you recommend applying for student accommodation? And what is the social life in Aberdeen like!
Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by sophie7
Has anyone else applied to and got offers for Pharmacy this year? I've accepted my unconditional so I'm definitely doing Pharmacy at RGU :biggrin:

I've got an unconditional offer for Pharmacy at RGU as well. :smile:
Reply 6
Hi I got a conditional from Robert Gordon which I've firmly accepted so hopefully I'll get the grades in August. Fingers crossed :smile:
I've just been given an Unconditional for 2013 start, really excited as I wasn't expecting a place! Anybody know if its too late to apply for accommodation?
Hi guys,

Sorry to butt in! I'm a potential pharmacy applicant applying for universities this September 2013. I am interested in applying to Robert Gordon, however I was wanting to ask what the typical entry requirements are

Cheers
Reply 9
Original post by charlotte.rigden
I've just been given an Unconditional for 2013 start, really excited as I wasn't expecting a place! Anybody know if its too late to apply for accommodation?

No, it's not. Go ahead. :smile:
Original post by spanishovenfork
Hi guys,

Sorry to butt in! I'm a potential pharmacy applicant applying for universities this September 2013. I am interested in applying to Robert Gordon, however I was wanting to ask what the typical entry requirements are

Cheers

SQA Higher: AABB to include Chemistry plus two further sciences from Maths, Physics or Biology (Human Biology) at Grade B or above at first sitting. Higher English should be achieved at a minimum of Grade C plus Standard Grade Maths at Credit Level if not at Higher.

GCE A Level: ABB to include Grade B in Chemistry plus one further science from Maths, Physics or Biology (Human Biology) at Grade B or above at first sitting. English must be achieved at GCSE Grade B or above and Maths at GCSE Grade B or above if not at A level.

Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: AAB1B1B2 to include Chemistry plus two further sciences from Maths, Physics or Biology (Human Biology) at Grade B1 or above at first sitting. English must be achieved at a minimum of B3.

IB Diploma: 32 to include HL Chemistry at Grade 6, one further science (or Maths) at HL Grade 5 and a written subject at HL Grade 5. One further science (or Maths) must also be achieved at SL Grade 6.

English Language Qualification: All applicants whose first language is not English are required to have an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score if 7.0 in all elements or an appropriate equivalent.

Alternative Qualifications: Equivalent overseas qualifications, SQA, BTEC, S/NVQs and some Access programmes will be considered. Graduates with a 2:1 or above in an appropriate discipline will be considered for entry.

Additional Information: Applicants should note that General Pharmaceutical Council Fitness to Practise regulations apply to pharmacy students. Offers of a place on the MPharm course are subject to compliance with these regulations and a satisfactory Good Health and Good Character declaration. Home UK students will be required to complete Standard Disclosure Scotland. EU or overseas students will need to obtain their country’s equivalent (such as police verification of good conduct) prior to commencing the MPharm at Robert Gordon University. More information about Fitness to Practice.

* All entry requirements listed here should be used as a guide and represent the minimum required to be considered for entry. Applicants who are made a conditional offer of a place may be asked to achieve more than is stated.

http://www.rgu.ac.uk/health-professions/study-options/undergraduate-full-time/pharmacy
Original post by kikimckenzie
SQA Higher: AABB to include Chemistry plus two further sciences from Maths, Physics or Biology (Human Biology) at Grade B or above at first sitting. Higher English should be achieved at a minimum of Grade C plus Standard Grade Maths at Credit Level if not at Higher.

GCE A Level: ABB to include Grade B in Chemistry plus one further science from Maths, Physics or Biology (Human Biology) at Grade B or above at first sitting. English must be achieved at GCSE Grade B or above and Maths at GCSE Grade B or above if not at A level.

Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: AAB1B1B2 to include Chemistry plus two further sciences from Maths, Physics or Biology (Human Biology) at Grade B1 or above at first sitting. English must be achieved at a minimum of B3.

IB Diploma: 32 to include HL Chemistry at Grade 6, one further science (or Maths) at HL Grade 5 and a written subject at HL Grade 5. One further science (or Maths) must also be achieved at SL Grade 6.

English Language Qualification: All applicants whose first language is not English are required to have an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score if 7.0 in all elements or an appropriate equivalent.

Alternative Qualifications: Equivalent overseas qualifications, SQA, BTEC, S/NVQs and some Access programmes will be considered. Graduates with a 2:1 or above in an appropriate discipline will be considered for entry.

Additional Information: Applicants should note that General Pharmaceutical Council Fitness to Practise regulations apply to pharmacy students. Offers of a place on the MPharm course are subject to compliance with these regulations and a satisfactory Good Health and Good Character declaration. Home UK students will be required to complete Standard Disclosure Scotland. EU or overseas students will need to obtain their country’s equivalent (such as police verification of good conduct) prior to commencing the MPharm at Robert Gordon University. More information about Fitness to Practice.

* All entry requirements listed here should be used as a guide and represent the minimum required to be considered for entry. Applicants who are made a conditional offer of a place may be asked to achieve more than is stated.

http://www.rgu.ac.uk/health-professions/study-options/undergraduate-full-time/pharmacy

Ok cheers for that! Anyone know if they would give the same offer to students who have done a 3rd year at college? Cheers
Original post by spanishovenfork
Ok cheers for that! Anyone know if they would give the same offer to students who have done a 3rd year at college? Cheers

You'll need to e-mail/call admissions about that. :smile:

Original post by QCN49
I have received a conditional offer to RGU for pharmacy 2013 :smile:
I have a few questions for you!
Firstly, regarding the course, what are the weekly lecture hours like? Do you receive many assignments over the course of the year or is it mostly study? How do you find the course in general? Very tough, quite doable or maybe somewhere in between?
Also, where would you recommend applying for student accommodation? And what is the social life in Aberdeen like!
Thank you :smile:

The timetable differs weekly so can't say exactly how many hours of lectures you get a week but its roughly 8-10 hours with 9-12 hours of coursework and a light peppering of tutorials.

Personally I find it doable but I know some find it easier than others so really depends on you!

You've probably applied by now but I absolutely loved my time in Linksfield. :smile:

Aberdeen's pleasant. :smile: I come from a small town so living in any kind of city is a good change. There's always something to do.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Pharm Boy
Congratulations to everyone who got offers and the smart people who decided to firm RGU. :wink:

I'm a current second year pharmacy student at RGU. Should you have any questions about RGU/the pharmacy course, fire away! :smile:

Hi!

I just recently got into the MPharm course, I am a Canadian citizen living in Toronto, Ontario.
I was wondering how the classes are over there. As in, how are they taught, do you like the teachers, are they more science based or practice based etc. Any and all info you can provide me would be SO SO SO appreciated!! Also, do you like Aberdeen?

Thanks a billion!
Original post by Maciborka
Hi!

I just recently got into the MPharm course, I am a Canadian citizen living in Toronto, Ontario.
I was wondering how the classes are over there. As in, how are they taught, do you like the teachers, are they more science based or practice based etc. Any and all info you can provide me would be SO SO SO appreciated!! Also, do you like Aberdeen?

Thanks a billion!

There's a Canadian in my class and in the year below, funnily enough! You're mainly taught through lectures (majority about 50-60 minutes long) and they try to underpin and expand on lecture knowledge through courseworks (ie labs, pharmacy practice skills etc) although its common to learn knowledge in courseworks that aren't covered in lectures. Then you have tutorials near the end of the module as a final review. Most of the lecturers are friendly and enthusiastic about what they teach and I like the majority of them.
The ratio to start with is heavily science:clinical but as you progress through the years the course becomes more clinical and less sciencey. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
hi guys. Got my unconditional offer way back, cant wait to come up :smile:. everyone got their accommodation sorted? i'd rather have my own flat so anyone up for sharing? I'm Asian so preferebly muslim
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by pharm lad
hi guys. Got my unconditional offer way back, cant wait to come up :smile:. everyone got their accommodation sorted? i'd rather have my own flat so anyone up for sharing? I'm Asian btw lol

There was a pharm lady now there's a pharm lad! Seems I'm setting a trend. :cool:
Reply 17
Hey, im also coming up to robert gordon for pharmacy this year:smile:
Has anyone else got their accommodation? I got the one on linksfield road, and im really not keen on it.
id rather have a flat, just wondering if there is any other girls (preferably muslim) who would be interested in renting with me?
Reply 18
I finally got my unconditional today! I'm still waiting on accommodation though. Sucks that I won't be that close to campus, but at least downtown is more fun!
Reply 19
Original post by bob01
Hey, im also coming up to robert gordon for pharmacy this year:smile:
Has anyone else got their accommodation? I got the one on linksfield road, and im really not keen on it.
id rather have a flat, just wondering if there is any other girls (preferably muslim) who would be interested in renting with me?

Awrite Bob! Lol.
I'll try to find out if any muslim girl coming up too for u. Also, if u know or hear any muslim guys coming up then let me know.
Ur right! Halls arent that great

Quick Reply

Latest