The Student Room Group

The Italian Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Just before the Juve - Real charity match, Agnelli met with Perez and according to Tancredi Palmeri, 'Real Madrid have accepted a payment by installments from Juventus for Higuain, but have asked to raise the bid'. Juve initially bid 22m'. Real seem to be holding out for 25m. Also, Jovetic's interview with GdS indicates heavy preference for Juventus and Antonio Conte. Tevez to Juventus also seems to be looking like a real possibility with some reporting that City have accepted 11m for him and Tevez willing to take a pay cut to join. That would be an awesome strikeforce considering they've also nabbed Llorente on a free.
Higuain, jovetic, llorente and tevez would be an amazing strikeforce, I'd put them up there with bayern and barca for the CL next season with these 4.
Original post by jam277
Higuain, jovetic, llorente and tevez would be an amazing strikeforce, I'd put them up there with bayern and barca for the CL next season with these 4.

LOL they can't afford all those players. Next season should be fun though. Fiorentina, Inter, AC Milan, Napoli all gunning for top 3, I have a feeling Lazio could do something next season.
Reply 663
Forza Napoli.

I hope to god we can get the semi finals of the CL.

Top 3 in the league this season would be fine.
So Juventus gives Tevez the #10 shirt...
Hey guys, in case you haven't seen it yet, I just wanted to let you all know about the Draft Game that's happening in the Football Forum: basically, we're into the third iteration of a game where sixteen participants have chosen players based on certain frameworks to build teams and compete against each other. Here's the general thread for the current game - you can view the rules in the OP. Basically, the 'matches' themselves are voting affairs, so that's where you can participate at this stage - here's the match being currently played and it's the final!! , so if you're interested check it out and cast your vote! It's the final so we would really like as many people to vote as possible!
Reply 666
Original post by The Assassin
So Juventus gives Tevez the #10 shirt...

He will tarnish that legendary shirt
Original post by C-Dawg
He will tarnish that legendary shirt

Yeah -- I mean I don't really like Juventus (always liked Inter as well as Milan :colondollar:), and Del Piero didn't want the shirt to be retired, but if they're going to give it someone, at least give it someone like Llorente (or even Jovetic if he did sign)! Not Tevez! >_>
Reply 668
Original post by The Assassin
Yeah -- I mean I don't really like Juventus (always liked Inter as well as Milan :colondollar:), and Del Piero didn't want the shirt to be retired, but if they're going to give it someone, at least give it someone like Llorente (or even Jovetic if he did sign)! Not Tevez! >_>

I guess Tevez is going to be in the more traditional number 10 role so I can see why they're giving it to him. He's a right idiot though is Tevez
Reply 669
Busy week for Inter.

We sign French-Algerian youngster Belfodil from Parma. Haven't heard of him or seen him play so... but apparently he has alot of potential.

Looks like Dejan will be leaving as well as Chivu (thank God!). Dejan will always be remembered as a legend, still remember his epic volley from the half way line against Schalke :sogood:

Cassano gone to Parma permanently, inevitable really after the fight with Stramaccioni. Anyone else notice how fat and unfit he was? :K: Still think he was a brilliant player just with a really poor and lazy attitude, would've loved for him to stay at least another season.

And we're also in pole position to sign Nainggolan from Cagliari.
Fiorentina land Mario Gomez. Unbelievable signing for them and should soften the blow should Jovetic leave. At 16m, it makes him Fiorentinas 2nd most expensive signing after another Gomes (Nuno), and with add ons would make him the most expensive signing at roughly 20m euro.
No doubt Fiorentina would have loved to have paired up Gomez up front with Jovetic behind him but I don't think the club can afford that.

I'd imagine Jovetic will leave in the next couple of weeks for 20-30mil euros..
Original post by Zerforax
No doubt Fiorentina would have loved to have paired up Gomez up front with Jovetic behind him but I don't think the club can afford that.

I'd imagine Jovetic will leave in the next couple of weeks for 20-30mil euros..

To where? Juventus? Juve need to sell Quagliarella and Vucinic first, they haven't got the money to buy Jovetic. Also the owners of each club hate each other, Jovetic comments about Juve got him fined which make it seem unlikely Fiorentina would sell to a domestic rival. If Beppe pulls it off I'll be impressed
Original post by sevchenko
To where? Juventus? Juve need to sell Quagliarella and Vucinic first, they haven't got the money to buy Jovetic. Also the owners of each club hate each other, Jovetic comments about Juve got him fined which make it seem unlikely Fiorentina would sell to a domestic rival. If Beppe pulls it off I'll be impressed

Arsenal?
Arsenal?

Not to sure about that. I would like him at Arsenal but it seems we're going for other targets ie Rooney. £20m for Jovetic seem quite alot for a player who's nowhere near his potential. I'm sure at the near the end of the window fiorentina will be begging Arsenal to buy him.
Not to sure about that. I would like him at Arsenal but it seems we're going for other targets ie Rooney. £20m for Jovetic seem quite alot for a player who's nowhere near his potential. I'm sure at the near the end of the window fiorentina will be begging Arsenal to buy him.

I'd imagine the order of likelihood is Higuian --> Jovetic --> Rooney.

The press are just making a meal out of the Rooney story, it's never going to happen.

Jovetic has been highly rated for a few years now, it's just the injuries which have set him back.
Original post by WhatamIdoing
Fiorentina land Mario Gomez. Unbelievable signing for them and should soften the blow should Jovetic leave. At 16m, it makes him Fiorentinas 2nd most expensive signing after another Gomes (Nuno), and with add ons would make him the most expensive signing at roughly 20m euro.

Indeed, for a club like Fiorentina to get a player who last season scored a goal every 79 minutes (bettered only by Messi) is quite a coup.

Personally I think Jovetic will stay, with Juve all ready having secured Tevez and Llorente he will have to make a big sacrifice in playing time there and Arsenal seem to be putting most of their attentions into Higuain and other targets. That said if he does leave it may and Ljacic can continue his form from the end of last season I don't think they'll suffer too badly.
Reply 677
Mm, it's a good signing given stature and whatnot but it's also an interesting signing if he is indeed supposed to be the replacement for Jovetic, given how different he is to the latter. A Toni-Gomez strikeforce (not necessarily both playing at once) sounds interesting if there's a good creative presence behind them, though.

EDIT: Forgot completely that they also have Rossi. :colondollar: Not quite similar to Jovetic, but a very different option and one that should, if he can get back to full fitness, work well with Gomez. :yep:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'd imagine the order of likelihood is Higuian --> Jovetic --> Rooney.

The press are just making a meal out of the Rooney story, it's never going to happen.

Jovetic has been highly rated for a few years now, it's just the injuries which have set him back.

For me Rooney is as good as gone from Man U this is based on the fact that he is currently unhappy and there's nothing Moyes can do to stop the unhappiness but I may be wrong Moyes might sort Rooney out.

Original post by Abiraleft
Mm, it's a good signing given stature and whatnot but it's also an interesting signing if he is indeed supposed to be the replacement for Jovetic, given how different he is to the latter. A Toni-Gomez strikeforce (not necessarily both playing at once) sounds interesting if there's a good creative presence behind them, though.

EDIT: Forgot completely that they also have Rossi. :colondollar: Not quite similar to Jovetic, but a very different option and one that should, if he can get back to full fitness, work well with Gomez. :yep:

Imo Toni has lost it. He should only be used for squad depth. The main partnership will be Ljacic and Gomez with Jovetic just behind. I really liked the look of Ljacic towards the end of the season, he could be a very important player for Fiorentina
For me Rooney is as good as gone from Man U this is based on the fact that he is currently unhappy and there's nothing Moyes can do to stop the unhappiness but I may be wrong Moyes might sort Rooney out.

Imo Toni has lost it. He should only be used for squad depth. The main partnership will be Ljacic and Gomez with Jovetic just behind. I really liked the look of Ljacic towards the end of the season, he could be a very important player for Fiorentina

Maybe you're right about Rooney but imo he has too few options and he won't be wanted by the elite clubs like Real Madrid/Barcelona so there's a big chance he stays at Man Utd on that basis. He's still at the peak of his career so he won't want to move to a club which can't challenge for the league and champions league. That list is only 5-10 clubs - many of which don't seem to be in for him.

Wenger has never bought players who are at their peak of their market price. It's why Arsenal haven't broken the 20mil barrier yet. On top of that, Rooney's wage demands would destroy what Wenger has worked so hard to keep intact - I can't fathom Wenger spending 250k a week on one player when the next highest player is on 100k a week.

Quick Reply

Latest