The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDukem
Fingers, toes, arms, legs and anything else that can be crossed are crossed for you!! :h:

Thank you :hugs:
****ed everything up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
The walls are getting louder everyday not quite shouting yet but I think its only a matter of time. My wife is speaking to her grandparents in their language which is making me super paranoid that they're discussing me, doesn't help that the walls are teling me that they're plotting to hurt me which is why I have to run. I'm currently on vacation and don't know the area all that well so I'm not so sure that running is such a good idea. Increase in haldol has made me feel calmer and I can sleep better but I'm confused about how much is in my head and how much is real - surely if things were in my head two antipsychotics at high doses would stop stuff? But then again walls don't talk unless there is something special about them and right now lots of walls are talking I'm finding it diffixult to think that they're all bugged. Confused. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Talk to someone you trust (like me! :angel: [or your wife if you prefer :tongue:]) when you want to check what you think is real or not (but it does sound like you're doing a reasonable job on your own of noticing when things don't add up). Remember that your meds tend to start and stop helping in cycles, and that what you're on isn't foolproof. Although if you want to look at it in those sort of terms, being on two high dosage antipsychotics is fairly strong circumstantial evidence for your having psychosis. :tongue:

Remember you're safe around your wife, and that her family care just as much about her as she does about you. They're not going to do anything harmful to her, and by extension to you.

Original post by PonchoKid
Rory says he misses you guys loads, and hopes your all doing well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope he's well too. :smile:
Reply 4043
Everything seems pointless everything is black
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Talk to someone you trust (like me! :angel: [or your wife if you prefer :tongue:]) when you want to check what you think is real or not (but it does sound like you're doing a reasonable job on your own of noticing when things don't add up). Remember that your meds tend to start and stop helping in cycles, and that what you're on isn't foolproof. Although if you want to look at it in those sort of terms, being on two high dosage antipsychotics is fairly strong circumstantial evidence for your having psychosis. :tongue:

Remember you're safe around your wife, and that her family care just as much about her as she does about you. They're not going to do anything harmful to her, and by extension to you.

I don't really like asking my wife, she has a tendency to lose her temper and shout at me for "being stupid" when I ask her about things.

Aha! so if I stop taking both then I wouldn't have psychosis? :tongue: Don't worry I'm not going to stop them (I wouldn't dare).

It's weird, all her family members now have photos of me in their living rooms (the wedding photos) and they're all so friendly, just when they talk in their language together for an hour while I sit listening it's difficult to reassure myself of their intentions. :colondollar:

How's the dissertation planning coming along?
Now I know why never to post in the religion section. Say something which is true (of a particular belief system, not just opinion) and someone has to start an argument :wink:
Original post by Sabertooth
I don't really like asking my wife, she has a tendency to lose her temper and shout at me for "being stupid" when I ask her about things.

Aha! so if I stop taking both then I wouldn't have psychosis? :tongue: Don't worry I'm not going to stop them (I wouldn't dare).

It's weird, all her family members now have photos of me in their living rooms (the wedding photos) and they're all so friendly, just when they talk in their language together for an hour while I sit listening it's difficult to reassure myself of their intentions. :colondollar:

How's the dissertation planning coming along?

Yeah... your wife has a lot of strange tendencies. Such as not listening to music. :hmmm: Therefore talk to me, and I will both point out logical likelihoods and attempt to amend your dubious tastes for 15-year-old-boy music. :tongue:

No, if you stop taking both you'd have me and your wife hitting you with big sticks. :spank:

You could make another attempt at learning the language at some point maybe? Not right now when you're dissertating and all, but some time in the future it might help you to get on with them. It's pretty awkward sitting there without a clue what's going on, but remember they're just speaking in the language most comfortable to them, and it means nothing against you.

Erm... discussion of it went fine with my lecturer, but then I've done nothing since... :colondollar:
still very scared/ nervous for wednesday, really dont want it to come :frown:
still havnt done the questionnaires, because if i dont do them, the phone call wont happen right?
and if the phone call doesnt happen then i dont need the support
and if i dont need the support then im not ill...

:yep:

i can hide from this, like im hiding from life at the moment. noone knows where i am really, my phone gets left alone all day, im not replying to anyone. im literally hiding from my life, but in a way its good because then i can pretend nothings up...
Reply 4048
Weather is getting decent now :smile: if I had my way I'd be naked at home :biggrin: :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RyanDando
****ed everything up.

Talk to her
Talk to her

I can't :/
So it's all my fault I ****ed up 3 years of friendship.

Trying to hold back tears when my boyfriend is next to me is ****ing I'mpossible :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trying to hold back tears when my boyfriend is next to me is ****ing I'mpossible :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: I have no idea what the situation is, but I know you're a lovely person and deserve to be treated as such.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feel free to pm me/skype if you want to talk about it. Guess we can be crying buddies :frown:
:hugs: I have no idea what the situation is, but I know you're a lovely person and deserve to be treated as such.

My best mat from uni just sent me a massive text basically saying how it was all my fault we are no longer friends, I don't even know what to say, just tying not to cry is hard enough :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RyanDando
Feel free to pm me/skype if you want to talk about it. Guess we can be crying buddies :frown:

Cheers mate, I might ry sleep, then if I'm sleeping my boyfriend can't see that I'm upset :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My best mat from uni just sent me a massive text basically saying how it was all my fault we are no longer friends, I don't even know what to say, just tying not to cry is hard enough :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well my former best mate from uni was the person largely responsible for my being in hospital and all-round derailing my life for a considerable period of time, so I say **** them both - we are awesome, they are ****, and anyone not in agreement gets a punch on the nose from me! :tongue:
Reply 4057
Feels so unsafe to have a guy I really don't know in the house. Plus I've had to move out my bedroom so am on the sofa and downstairs and people keep walking past. Have work in the morning but have no idea how I'm meant to feel safe to sleep. Stupid things are getting more tempting the more tired I get. Not sure what to do other than sit with my back to the door so nobody can get in. :bawling:
Well my former best mate from uni was the person largely responsible for my being in hospital and all-round derailing my life for a considerable period of time, so I say **** them both - we are awesome, they are ****, and anyone not in agreement gets a punch on the nose from me! :tongue:

It's all my fault, but my feelings aren't aloud to come into the situation only she's aloud to be upset. Not me, because it's me that caused everything. It's all my fault

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah
Feels so unsafe to have a guy I really don't know in the house. Plus I've had to move out my bedroom so am on the sofa and downstairs and people keep walking past. Have work in the morning but have no idea how I'm meant to feel safe to sleep. Stupid things are getting more tempting the more tired I get. Not sure what to do other than sit with my back to the door so nobody can get in. :bawling:

It's ok. :hugs: All guys are not inherently evil. n You're not alone in the house with him either - like you've just said, there are plenty of people walking past. You're safe there, and nothing bad's going to happen. :smile:

It's all my fault, but my feelings aren't aloud to come into the situation only she's aloud to be upset. Not me, because it's me that caused everything. It's all my fault

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on, you know that's *******s. :hugs: Your feelings are just as valid as hers, and if she doesn't accept that then that's her problem not yours.

Latest