The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by DH1'
Reports about Vidic extending his contract for another year, so really don't think we need or should buy a CB this summer. Ferdinand doesn't get injured alot as long as he's managed correctly which we'll continue to do. Vidic is fully fit now and there's no reason why he can't have a good season. Then we have Smalling, Evans and Jones who really had some fine peformances at CB towards the end of last year. Hope we don't get Garay, especially for the fee quoted. Not sure Baines is needed either. I'd like another CM to go with Thiago i think, someone box to box to provide energy ala Marchisio

Is Garay necessary though? We have Smalling, Jones, Evans, Rio and Vidic. I think we'll sign a CB next season when both Rio and Vidic are likely to leave but not this season. Priority is the central midfield.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5981
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Not much progress today regarding the Thiago transfer other than the guardian saying United have a 'good chance' of getting him. I think its probably gonna be a little quiet in the coming days.

On another note, if United do end up getting Thiago who else would you like them to add? And who do you think Moyes will actually buy?

I would like them to get a defender presumbly CB since United have had so many injuries on that font and plus Vidic and Ferdinand aren't getting any younger. Although I think we'll get Baines which might happen during the end of the transfer window since Moyes said yesterday some of the transfers will most likely happen late, IMO I think he was specifically talking about Baines when he said that.

And maybe another winger since last season they were either out of form or injured, and Zaha will need time to adapt to the Premier League. Although I don't think Moyes will buy any wingers cause he'll most likely give the current wingers a chance to prove themselves.

It's the weekend haha, you don't get much activity on the weekend. I think Thiago will happen next week. I agree with you in terms of bringing in another winger; Young, Valencia and Nani are not up to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5982
Original post by Tommyjw
I think its just determining the word 'official'.

We could be negotiating the deal that would buy Thiago and avoid all the annoying tax confusion, but until we settle on a deal and actually officially hand it over, it is isn't really 'official'. Maybe its like if you imagine like bargaining with your friend with him saying you can buy his car for £1000, but until you go hoime and get the money, you arent officially buying it.

I'm sure Kagawa had a 'no official bid' days before he was a Manchester United player

It's also a buy-out clause so we don't make a bid/offer but instead we either pay his buy-out clause which buys out his contract or we don't. Barca are also playing media games as per; they'll deny everything publicly until a deal is completed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Henriquez brace for Chile U20s, a great turn and finish.. And a headed goal from a sick pass fairly similar to Carrick + Hernandez v Chelsea.

Plus Varela gaining mass plaudits for his performance.. Seems like the players representing us are doing well and Varela is going great through so still more to see
(edited 10 years ago)
Just need a mass midfielder and we are sorted
Original post by Tommyjw
Henriquez brace for Chile U20s, a great turn and finish.. And a headed goal from a sick pass fairly similar to Carrick + Hernandez v Chelsea.

Plus Varela gaining mass plaudits for his performance.. Seems like the players representing us are doing well and Varela is going great through so still more to see

Is Henriquez a beast in the air or something? Whenever I see him scoring, it's often an header. I'm really excited by him to be honest.
Reply 5986
Original post by ledleyking123
Just need a mass midfielder and we are sorted

This ones for you Ledley. Best photoshoping I've ever seen haha

In real news, Aeroflot is our new official carrier. http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2013/Jul/manchester-united-announce-global-partnership-with-aeroflot.aspx
(edited 10 years ago)
New Airline deal which probably brings us in lots more money or something

Zaha gettting a new intro to the clubs sponsorship obsession, Bebe and Kiko wondering why they are still here
Original post by Tommyjw
Bebe and Kiko wondering why they are still here

I'd forgotten about the latter tbh. He has to move on permanently now - can't imagine he wants to go out on loan. All of his loan spells failed miserably, not of his own making down to managerial changes and injuries but would have been intrigued had he been allowed to flourish in the same way Welbeck did at Sunderland.

Bebe, just shove him in the reserves or loan him out.

Fabio, having been pictured with his brother Rafael cruising to training in the company sponsored Chevrolet, is back also.
Original post by DaveSmith99

Who's the guy in the middle I'm guessing it's another fergie fledging? Butt?
Original post by jam277
Who's the guy in the middle I'm guessing it's another fergie fledging? Butt?

Aye. It's Butt.

Took me a while! Haven't seen him as a baldy yet. Scholes looks very apprehensive about whatever is happening there though! :lol:
Original post by mikeyd85
Aye. It's Butt.

Took me a while! Haven't seen him as a baldy yet. Scholes looks very apprehensive about whatever is happening there though! :lol:

Think it was clearly done on purpose. Still respect fergie for building a squad around these guys, wished he did it again before retiring though, would be great if we had an english bayern/barca atm but the closest we have to that is liverpool :lol:
Moyes' first training session pictures

http://imgur.com/a/hCYsy

Slim Rooney

Journalists and player (Vidic) alike have commented on his build whilst he's been back at pre-season, atleast thats a fairly good sign if he stays. Saying that, the guys strength.. is strength.. so you have to wonder what balance he tries to keep to.
Reply 5995
Stopped his superficial hair treatment it seems. Noticed it at Wimbledon but wasn't too sure.
Looks about 35 there. Hope he's taking care of himself.
Original post by 419
Stopped his superficial hair treatment it seems. Noticed it at Wimbledon but wasn't too sure.

I'm pretty sure his hair now is the result of his second hair transplant that was mentioned mid June-ish (or it may just be a part of the fist, not sure how it works)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Looks about 35 there. Hope he's taking care of himself.

I always felt that if Rooney was a bit 'fitter' with the 6 pack and all, then he would be in top 3 strikers in the world. The thing with him, unlike ronaldo and messi-is that he does not strive to better himself in the physical/fitness department. It is sad indeed.

Just imagine what Moyes will make him look like with his intense training. He just needs a push instead of a nudge in the right direction-let him see the benefits of being in that elite state of body fitness with amount of goals scored and then he will do it himself. Just use operant conditioning.
Original post by Tommyjw
I'm pretty sure his hair now is the result of his second hair transplant that was mentioned mid June-ish (or it may just be a part of the fist, not sure how it works)

Yeah, he's not stopped the treatment.

What we're seeing is as a result of the second step of treatment and is all planned. For whatever they needed to do, his head needed to be shaved. :yy:

Latest