The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Let's just not think about it til August..... Every time it pops into my head (which is constantly) I go all angsty and stressed, but we're not even IN the dreaded month yet :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andersson
You're using your anecdotal experience as fact for everyone.

Not really tbh. How would you know? A lot of people I know feel the same.

I dont wanna take this further. Bye, luv

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andersson
You're using your anecdotal experience as fact for everyone.

I personally prefer A-Levels far more than GCSEs. They are quite a bit harder, there's no denying that, but I found them far more enjoyable (even the stress made them "fun" in the end :tongue:) and enjoyed Sixth Form far more than school. :yep:
Reply 543
Original post by usycool1
I personally prefer A-Levels far more than GCSEs. They are quite a bit harder, there's no denying that, but I found them far more enjoyable (even the stress made them "fun" in the end :tongue:) and enjoyed Sixth Form far more than school. :yep:

I knew there would be people like you out there. I can imagine going into more depth with the subjects you love would be interesting too, that's why I questioned what that guys said :biggrin:
45 Days Till GCSE RESULTS ​DAY !!!
What actually happens on results day everyone? Do we just get a envelope with our individual exam grades? And from what time roughly?
Reply 546
Original post by Posiedon12
What actually happens on results day everyone? Do we just get a envelope with our individual exam grades? And from what time roughly?

I would like to know the answer to the first two questions too...

Not sure on timing for everyone as it may be different I don't know. But our school is open 10am-2pm for people collecting results!
Reply 547
I have a question and everyone here seems to know everything, haha.
So as soon as I get my grades by 1pm I have to go to the sixth form I want to go to and hand in my results from year 11 AND year 10.
We were given year 10 results in the post like, a year ago, so obviously I don't really know where they are (as nobody had told me if they were of any significance). Do schools normally show all your grades from both year 10 and year 11 when you get the final envelope at the end of year 11?
Luckily if not at least my two year 10 GCSEs are English literature and Statistics, both of which don't matter to get into my sixth form but my school literally tells us NOTHING about results day, only geography students were told what time the school even opens, nobody else even knows. *sigh* Glad I'm done there :tongue:
So yeah, does anyone know if year 10 grades are included?
Original post by Posiedon12
What actually happens on results day everyone?

You get results, then either celebrate or cry basically (hopefully it's the former). :tongue:

Do we just get a envelope with our individual exam grades? And from what time roughly?

For both of these questions, it depends on your school. Some schools give envelopes with results in them, some just don't give you an envelope, others email them to you, others mail them to you... ask your school what they do and what time you can collect them. :smile:

Original post by Okkefac
I have a question and everyone here seems to know everything, haha.
So as soon as I get my grades by 1pm I have to go to the sixth form I want to go to and hand in my results from year 11 AND year 10.
We were given year 10 results in the post like, a year ago, so obviously I don't really know where they are (as nobody had told me if they were of any significance). Do schools normally show all your grades from both year 10 and year 11 when you get the final envelope at the end of year 11?
Luckily if not at least my two year 10 GCSEs are English literature and Statistics, both of which don't matter to get into my sixth form but my school literally tells us NOTHING about results day, only geography students were told what time the school even opens, nobody else even knows. *sigh* Glad I'm done there :tongue:
So yeah, does anyone know if year 10 grades are included?

Usually your results day slip should show all the units that you did (including the ones in year 10) to get the overall grade. :smile:
Reply 549
Original post by usycool1

Usually your results day slip should show all the units that you did (including the ones in year 10) to get the overall grade. :smile:

Thanks for the quick reply! So this includes the GCSEs when I did all of the units in year 10 then? :smile:
Original post by Okkefac
Thanks for the quick reply! So this includes the GCSEs when I did all of the units in year 10 then? :smile:

:hat2:

Yeah, should do. :smile:
Good luck to everyone getting their results! Im in year 10 and only done 3 GCSE's, kind of nervous. :colondollar:
Reply 552
Do ALL exam boards release their grade boundaries online on the 21st August? It's just I've had particular trouble finding boundaries for OCR and WJEC exams in the past. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated!
Original post by Tibbz2
I would like to know the answer to the first two questions too...

Not sure on timing for everyone as it may be different I don't know. But our school is open 10am-2pm for people collecting results!

You'll get the grade, UMS score for each aspect of the course i.e. scores for papers, coursework etc. You'll get a couple of info sheets about remarks and stuff like that also and umm I think that's it :smile:
Reply 554
Original post by Alleykat606
You'll get the grade, UMS score for each aspect of the course i.e. scores for papers, coursework etc. You'll get a couple of info sheets about remarks and stuff like that also and umm I think that's it :smile:

What do you mean by remarks?
Original post by alexgr97
What do you mean by remarks?

e.g. if you achieve a B grade but are, say, 2 points off an A grade, then you can request to send your paper back to the examiner for a remark (at a fee) to try and see if you can't get your mark up
Reply 556
Hello guys, I have a quick question.

For AQA Geography will it show the breakdown of Paper 1, Paper 2 and Coursework OR just give 1 overall grade?
Original post by MdTahmid
Hello guys, I have a quick question.

For AQA Geography will it show the breakdown of Paper 1, Paper 2 and Coursework OR just give 1 overall grade?

I think it will most likely be a breakdown of each. Last June I finished a science GCSE, and it gave me my most recent exam result, the CA result (UMS for both) and then an overall grade as a separate entry with the total UMS, and the number of points.
Reply 558
Original post by Alleykat606

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions, if only you guys could fast foward time!

Latest