The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone!! :smile:
Reply 561
Original post by H0PEL3SS
I think it will most likely be a breakdown of each. Last June I finished a science GCSE, and it gave me my most recent exam result, the CA result (UMS for both) and then an overall grade as a separate entry with the total UMS, and the number of points.

Can anyone else confirm this for AQA Geography?
Original post by CD223
Do ALL exam boards release their grade boundaries online on the 21st August? It's just I've had particular trouble finding boundaries for OCR and WJEC exams in the past. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated!

WJEC usually post their grade boundaries on results day. There's no set time for them to be released though. :nah:

There will be a thread on TSR (I'll link everyone to it here when we make it "public") that will link you all to the grade boundaries as soon as they're available, so keep an eye on that. :smile:
Original post by MdTahmid
Can anyone else confirm this for AQA Geography?

Yeah, it's usually like that for all subjects. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
WJEC usually post their grade boundaries on results day. There's no set time for them to be released though. :nah:

There will be a thread on TSR (I'll link everyone to it here when we make it "public") that will link you all to the grade boundaries as soon as they're available, so keep an eye on that. :smile:

I'll be checking WJEC a lot.

I'd say they post it at about 8?
I go on holiday on the day I get my results. It will either put me in a great mood or a terrible mood for the whole holiday
Original post by Efemena15
I go on holiday on the day I get my results. It will either put me in a great mood or a terrible mood for the whole holiday

On the bright side you go on holiday whatever happens :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 567
Original post by Alleykat606
e.g. if you achieve a B grade but are, say, 2 points off an A grade, then you can request to send your paper back to the examiner for a remark (at a fee) to try and see if you can't get your mark up

Oohhh I am so stupid, I read that as remarks as in if someone remarked that that you were looking good today. *facepalm*
Reply 568

Oh brilliant, thanks! Luckily I only have 1 subject with both OCR and WJEC so the others I should be able to find out the day before. Good luck in August :smile:
Reply 569
Original post by MdTahmid
Hello guys, I have a quick question.

For AQA Geography will it show the breakdown of Paper 1, Paper 2 and Coursework OR just give 1 overall grade?

I did this as well, and we were told you get one piece of paper with final grades on, and another page with the breakdown of all the different parts; so one grade for the coursework, one for the physical paper and one for the human paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Okkefac
Thanks for the quick reply! So this includes the GCSEs when I did all of the units in year 10 then? :smile:

No, if you've done the entire GCSE you don't get the results again if you've already got them. You can request certificates from the exam boards if you've lost them, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 571
:hat2:

Yeah, should do. :smile:

Hopefully it will? Although I'm also being told I won't by someone else, *sigh* I hope you're right.
Reply 572
Original post by Sheldor
No, if you've done the entire GCSE you don't get the results again if you've already got them. You can request certificates from the exam boards if you've lost them, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaaand of course, I end up with contradicting answers ;u;.
Certificates? Is that what the piece of paper is called? We weren't given any notice telling us that this was something we had to keep. I would've thought if they were like official final results shouldn't we be given some sort of warning telling us to look after the results or something?
We'd seriously have to go back to the exam board?
IthinkmaybeI'lljustignorethemtheydon'tmatternextyearanyway ; ;

Or is a certificate something separate like, for individual subjects that we do, because I didn't receive that, only a piece of paper telling me my two grades from year 10 and all that info.
Reply 573
You only get a certificate once you complete a FULL GCSE course, and it's pretty obvious it's a certificate, nothing like the typical grade sheets. :smile:
Original post by Okkefac
Hopefully it will? Although I'm also being told I won't by someone else, *sigh* I hope you're right.

Oh sorry, I misread what you said! I didn't read where you said that you'd completed all units.

I suggest you see your examinations officer to see if he/she can get you a copy of your certificate. :smile:
Reply 575
Oh sorry, I misread what you said! I didn't read where you said that you'd completed all units.

I suggest you see your examinations officer to see if he/she can get you a copy of your certificate. :smile:

What the heck is an examinations officer? D:
This is why I hate my school, they really don't tell us anything. I have no idea what I'd have to do or who to speak to, ugh.
Thanks for the help though ;u;
The person in charge of exams in your school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when we get level 2 BTEC results? I've got my probable grade from the teachers, but when do the official results get sent to us? I assume it is the same day as exam results, but my teacher said something about getting them earlier...
Reply 578
Original post by Bexsqueak
Which a levels has anybody here chosen?

Spanish, French, English Language, History

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bexsqueak
Which a levels has anybody here chosen?

Haha..hopefully Bio, Chem , Geo and French! Wbu?

Latest