The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Anyone doing languages at Reading?

Just wondering if there's many on here? Haven't seen any posts by language applicants!

I've got a conditional for French and Italian...lets hope I get the grades!

:smile: x
Reply 1
I've just applied to do German, and I'll probably pick up post-GCSE French with it when I'm there. Bonne Chance!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Ive applied to do History and German. Still waiting for a response!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Alex Spain
I've just applied to do German, and I'll probably pick up post-GCSE French with it when I'm there. Bonne Chance!

Hey, i applied for German at Reading too, just wanted to know if you'd heard back from them yet or not
Reply 4
Original post by shannongm
Hey, i applied for German at Reading too, just wanted to know if you'd heard back from them yet or not

I heard back with a BBB offer this week, but they don't reply at the same time to everyone, so I wouldn't worry :smile:
English lit and French wooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Elliecampbell
English lit and French wooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just finished first year French and English so if you have any questions, let me know :smile:
Original post by Courtney05
I just finished first year French and English so if you have any questions, let me know :smile:

Awesome how did you find it!! ?? I'm a bit dubious about French cause I know how gruelling the grammar is , also how hard is it to track down all the books?

Alsoooo how much contact time did you get roughly a week

( keen lol )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Elliecampbell
Awesome how did you find it!! ?? I'm a bit dubious about French cause I know how gruelling the grammar is , also how hard is it to track down all the books?

Alsoooo how much contact time did you get roughly a week

( keen lol )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well Reading was my insurance choice, but I literally cannot tell you how much I love it, I love the course and the people (cheesy but true!)
In french, you get out what you put in, the teachers are really helpful and grammar is split into intermediate or advanced, and you can place yourself in whichever one, according to your comfort with it all (and it doesnt affect your degree level or classification!) They are really good at accommodating all your needs and giving you specific help with problems you may have.
You get three hours of french grammar a week, one hour of oral grammar and the other focusing on written and constructive grammar. The other thing that helps is we have language assistants that come from France to help out and they organise speech classes to get you practising the grammar you may have learnt :smile:
They ease you into first year, so dont worry about it being gruelling, they are actually just trying to get everyone to the same level and arent out to make you feel bad about it :smile:
I'm looking to apply next year to study Italian. Does anyone have experience with that course? They make it sound so awesome on the website, but of course they want to sell themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest