The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by avhhs
Here we go again :rolleyes: :tongue: That is not true, in no way whatsoever is he too good for you :yep: :yep: :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not safe. No where to go. And he is. Trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4101
Pathetic time now. That girl I quite like has just come back from holiday and now I'm thinking again that my life is **** and really boring :sad:. Not again :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to the doctor about my issues so it's on my medical record. I then got prescribed anti-depressants last year even though I didn't take them for more than a few weeks.

I'm going to study primary education in September, and they want a health check where they ask the doctor for any mental health history. Will this affect me?
They say anything that could affect my chosen profession they want details.

I'm worried :frown:
Stuck in a catch-22 situation, and I don't even know if I am able to make a choice.

Original post by Anonymous
I went to the doctor about my issues so it's on my medical record. I then got prescribed anti-depressants last year even though I didn't take them for more than a few weeks.

I'm going to study primary education in September, and they want a health check where they ask the doctor for any mental health history. Will this affect me?
They say anything that could affect my chosen profession they want details.

I'm worried :frown:

It may / it might not. It is likely that your GP will be given a form to fill in - so it depends on exactly what questions are asked to if it will be an issue?

What I would advise is to go to your GP, and ensure it is not listed as an active problem. Then it can only be an issue if they ask about past mental health issues (and unfortunately, if that is the case, there is little you can do other than hope they accept you anyway).

Original post by PonchoKid
Not safe. No where to go. And he is. Trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust your boyfriend. He thinks he is right for you (and as such not too good).
(edited 10 years ago)
Was just on the subway - ****ing terrified. Was playing my favorite band as loud as my ears could manage and my wife was holding my hand but nothing helped, I was so scared of all the people I thought they were going to attack and kill us both. The voice is extremely loud when I'm outside and in the house the walls are shouting at me so I can't win either way. Called my psychiatrist today and a nurse was meant to call me back but never did. I'm feeling really hopeless....they're all telling me "bad stuff". I got some cider so might try sneakily getting drunk and see if that helps things.
Right now, I like vodka far too much. I'd rather not add alcoholism to the list of growing mental complaints I have.

Also, **** BBC 3 right now. Their ****ing MH season is triggering as **** (however, if anyone watches the show on DID they have on next week, I know Jess from it - she was on my degree at uni, and is a truly fantastic lovely girl who handles her MH problems with grace, unlike me who turns into a slobbering drunk crying mess at the sight of a footballer talking about how depressed he was).
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Right now, I like vodka far too much. I'd rather not add alcoholism to the list of growing mental complaints I have.

Also, **** BBC 3 right now. Their ****ing MH season is triggering as **** (however, if anyone watches the show on DID they have on next week, I know Jess from it - she was on my degree at uni, and is a truly fantastic lovely girl who handles her MH problems with grace, unlike me who turns into a slobbering drunk crying mess at the sight of a footballer talking about how depressed he was).

You're stronger than you give yourself credit for :hugs: i know as well that i have a bunch of naughties that i have used, and in some cases still do, to keep myself from losing it.

I hardly watch anything nowadays...anime, western tv, film. I'm not sure if its because i don't want to be exposed to any emotional stuff and potential triggers, or if it's something else. I just know that i don't want to watch anything...which really sucks.

My sleep has been terrible recently, i barely sleep three hours a night :cry:
Really want about 2pm to hurry up, then my phone call will be over, panicking so much about it, I don't even know why :frown:
Nearly cried AGAIN last night :frown:

But the boyfriend kept cuddling me to make sure I was ok, and he says he's not good enough to me. I disagree. I don't deserve him :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4108
Really don't want hospital appointment. :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
Was just on the subway - ****ing terrified. Was playing my favorite band as loud as my ears could manage and my wife was holding my hand but nothing helped, I was so scared of all the people I thought they were going to attack and kill us both. The voice is extremely loud when I'm outside and in the house the walls are shouting at me so I can't win either way. Called my psychiatrist today and a nurse was meant to call me back but never did. I'm feeling really hopeless....they're all telling me "bad stuff". I got some cider so might try sneakily getting drunk and see if that helps things.

:hugs: Did you have that talk with your wife? Hope communications are a bit better better between you now.

Really want about 2pm to hurry up, then my phone call will be over, panicking so much about it, I don't even know why :frown:
Nearly cried AGAIN last night :frown:

But the boyfriend kept cuddling me to make sure I was ok, and he says he's not good enough to me. I disagree. I don't deserve him :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck, and I think you're both equally deserving. :h:

Original post by asdfgah
Really don't want hospital appointment. :frown:

:hugs: I hope it goes better than you're anticipating.
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Did you have that talk with your wife? Hope communications are a bit better better between you now.

Good luck, and I think you're both equally deserving. :h:

I'm so restless its unreal :frown: don't know what to do with myself :frown:

No he deserves someone much better than me, someone that doesn't cry for stupid reasons...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4111
Feeling negative again this morning, everything seems crap :sad: :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4112

Was survivable. Bit scary cos consultant I have never actually met before was there but ok. They were a bit harsh but meh I probably won't listen anyway. Is pretty pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so restless its unreal :frown: don't know what to do with myself :frown:

No he deserves someone much better than me, someone that doesn't cry for stupid reasons...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believe me I cry for the most ridiculous of reasons sometimes. Examples from this week alone: spilling a cup of coffee, misplacing a letter, doing worse than usual on mariokart. :tongue: Yeah it's a bit daft, but it's nothing to be ashamed of and certainly not a reason for being 'unworthy' of someone. :nah:

Original post by asdfgah
Was survivable. Bit scary cos consultant I have never actually met before was there but ok. They were a bit harsh but meh I probably won't listen anyway. Is pretty pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, glad you got through it. :smile:
Original post by avhhs
Feeling negative again this morning, everything seems crap :sad: :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: :console: :hugs:

Original post by asdfgah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad it was survivable :hugs:
Believe me I cry for the most ridiculous of reasons sometimes. Examples from this week alone: spilling a cup of coffee, misplacing a letter, doing worse than usual on mariokart. :tongue: Yeah it's a bit daft, but it's nothing to be ashamed of and certainly not a reason for being 'unworthy' of someone. :nah:

my favourite is crying when people are nice :s-smilie: or when Rory gives me a cuddle. I shouldn't cry when I get a cuddle!

Getting phone CBT to start with until I can work out transport to get CBT in person. She woke me up though, but she was nice I guess, and I only nearly cried once :s-smilie: never nearly cried when talking about my dad, but I did today :frown:
Feel pretty **** now though, but have to be strong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4116
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: :console: :hugs:

Thanks, it all started because that girl I like posted that she had a great time in Spain. Why can't I be happy for other people? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
Thanks, it all started because that girl I like posted that she had a great time in Spain. Why can't I be happy for other people? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that feeling. Seeing others happy just reminds me of how pathetic and lonely i am. Seeing things that should make me happy make me feel down, and things that make me feel **** make me feel as you'd expect. Ain't life great -.-
My phobia of phones might be coming to really bite me in the bum.

Need to arrange a phone meeting with a graduate mentor for teach first and I don't know if I can even do that so what hope do I have in actually getting onto the actual scheme :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4119
Making decisions while depressed is hard work. Tried to write some thoughts down.
Have to decide if I want to withdraw from uni altogether, withdraw for a year and take my second year exams as retakes next summer, or go back part time in September and I really don't know what I want to do.

At one point I really wanted to do my degree and had Plans. I suppose I might regret not completing it one day.

I had one coursework based module this year which I got a first in and I got firsts in my two essays I submitted so I clearly have some academic ability left in me. Maybe with one less module I'll be able to keep up with the work better.

I wouldn't be able to afford to stay in my uni town if I withdrew and this is where all my support is. Am not sure where or how I would live. Would definitely need a job. Would magnificently disappoint my parents and other family. Tbh this applies to all options.

There isn't really much point in going back if it is just going to be a repeat of this year. Didn't manage to attend very much or submit even half the work. I can't really see that changing. Do I really want to pay for something which I'm not actually utilising.

Don't know. Still being alive still feels like some cruel sadistic joke and future thinking feels absurd but I should make a decision. Am kind of tempted to just pick out of hat but I don't think people would approve.

Latest