The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5340
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Her famous quote is "all shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well". So I'm trying to tell myself that :yes:

Julian of Norwich :coma:

I heard something similar at some point that I really liked and keep trying to remember:

In the end, all shall be well. If it is not well, it is not the end.

Original post by rac1
I just found out it's not Catholic, I'd say Anglican ones do tend to be more chatty (and generally just not as nice :colone:)

:yay:

It is true, but both Durham and St. Albans are lovely cathedrals, with plenty of places to just sit and contemplate.
When I was in Durham, I said many a rosary sitting in Cuthbert's shrine :mmm:
Reply 5341
Seeing people talking about Momentum and Soul Survivor on the Christian soc thread made me wonder, is anyone here planning on going to any
of the similar Catholic festivals?
Original post by rac1
Oh that's a good one I'll remember that tomorrow because my grandma is having a stent put in:frown: Please pray for her conversion!

Only just seen this - hope it's gone alright :hugs:

Original post by Aula
Seeing people talking about Momentum and Soul Survivor on the Christian soc thread made me wonder, is anyone here planning on going to any

:nah:
Original post by Aula

It's hard for me, the joys of having a catholic mother and hardcore atheist father who disapproves of these things. I went to Lourdes a few years ago though!:3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blamethenargles
It's hard for me, the joys of having a catholic mother and hardcore atheist father who disapproves of these things. I went to Lourdes a few years ago though!:3

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: :hugs: :console:

Lourdes! :moon:
Reply 5345

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay Lourdes :love:

Could you... pretend it's just a festival? :colone:

Youth 2000 at Walsingham is the same weekend as Reading...
I take it we've all seen/heard the news today about Blessed John Paul II? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you enjoy it?
I take it we've all seen/heard the news today about Blessed John Paul II? :awesome:

Yes and also about Pope John XXIII, who must not be forgotten as the Church we know today especially Mass really began with his calling of the Second Vatican Council.

The fastest one in modern history.

John XXIII who died 50 years ago last month will also become one apparently.
:console: :hugs: :console:

Lourdes! :moon:

I was lucky to go! Dad didn't take it well:/
Original post by Aula
Yay Lourdes :love:

Could you... pretend it's just a festival? :colone:

Youth 2000 at Walsingham is the same weekend as Reading...

My mum is fine with it, but because it's my dad's money as well and he think this religion is ridiculous, so he's completely against it. He's always in a bad mood with us in the run up to easter because of thursday friday and saturday mass!
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Did you enjoy it?

It was brilliant, it was so sunny the few days I was there as well, absolutely beautiful<3
I'm a tad suspicious of the other canonisation tbh, which is why I didn't mention it. A deserved candidate, no doubt, but apparently they waived the need for a second miracle? :dontknow:

I was lucky to go! Dad didn't take it well:/

:jumphug: Well I'm glad you got to go regardless of that. Remember what they say in The Sound of Music: "when the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window" :h:

:jumphug: Well I'm glad you got to go regardless of that. Remember what they say in The Sound of Music: "when the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window" :h:

Indeed, I shall be alright :biggrin:
Indeed, I shall be alright :biggrin:

That's the spirit! Have confidence in sunshine, in rain and that spring will come again :p:
:tumble:
Reply 5355
Just about spot on from Michael Vorris today (80% spot on; 20% not)!

Reply 5356
A friend of mine has been accepted for his postulancy year. This is super exciting :jebus:
Original post by Aula
A friend of mine has been accepted for his postulancy year. This is super exciting :jebus:

PRSOM :sad: That's great news, Aula :biggrin: :jebus: :woo:

All the recent talk of nuns on X Soc thread has put me in the mood for watching The Sound of Music :moon: :yep: :teehee:
Reply 5358
Oh, also, another friend is heading off to America next year to go to LifeTeen.

PRSOM :sad: That's great news, Aula :biggrin: :jebus: :woo:

All the recent talk of nuns on X Soc thread has put me in the mood for watching The Sound of Music :moon: :yep: :teehee:

A friend of mine who lives in South Korea saw a stage version of that recently (for the first time I think) and loved it :awesome:
Original post by Aula
Oh, also, another friend is heading off to America next year to go to LifeTeen.

A friend of mine who lives in South Korea saw a stage version of that recently (for the first time I think) and loved it :awesome:

I went to see the stage show a few years ago, it was great!:3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending