The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

Glad hes gone to Everton couldn't see him playing much at Tottenham but at Everton under Martinez I think he will get games :h:
Reply 61
Good deal for Everton :yep: After all the hype I am looking forward to being able to look at him on a regular basis.
Hopefully he'll be good =D
Reply 63
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Good deal for Everton :yep: After all the hype I am looking forward to being able to look at him on a regular basis.

Yeah, same. Kept an eye on him in the ongoing u20 tournament and he was absolutely terrible and made me think the hype is way too premature. But can't right him off on the back of a single tournament.
Original post by The Rusty Spork

Will be good to see if he can move on another level. Hes not as fast as Tello but nor is he slow hes fast just not Tello quick. However hes built much better then Tello and doesn't rely on just hit and hope. Hopefully he develops a brain or he will just be like Walcott :laugh:
Reply 65
Original post by Malevolent
Will be good to see if he can move on another level. Hes not as fast as Tello but nor is he slow hes fast just not Tello quick. However hes built much better then Tello and doesn't rely on just hit and hope. Hopefully he develops a brain or he will just be like Walcott :laugh:

There's something about his built that reminds me of Wilshere and James Milner.
Original post by 419
There's something about his built that reminds me of Wilshere and James Milner.

Yeah hes more solidly built then what you would expect with someone of his footwork. Not a bad thing though means he will more easily be able to hold off markers.
Reply 67
Original post by Zerforax
Everton sign Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu on season-long loan

Everton have moved to sign one of Spain's most exciting young talents, securing Barcelona's Gerard Deulofeu on loan.

The 19-year-old, who is a Spain international at under-21 level, will join Everton for the season as Roberto Martínez looks to bring a different approach to Everton.

Martínez's arrival at Goodison Park was instrumental bringing the loan to fruitition. Barcelona trust in Martínez to continue Deulofeu's development and provide him with valuable first-team experience, while they are optimistic that a year in England will see him mature swiftly.

Last season Deulofeu was the key creative player in Barcelona's B team, which competes in Spain's second division. He scored 18 goals in 2012-13, the fourth highest total in the division, and signed a new contract in May that runs until 2017.

Although that was formally a first-team contract, he has made only two senior appearances and the arrival of Neymar at the club limited his opportunities in the coming season. But Barcelona are determined not to lose a player considered to be the most talented currently in the club's youth system.

A creative forward of vision, technique and flair who can play off the front or coming in from the left hand side, Deulofeu has represented Spain at U16, U17, U19, and U21 level, where he has three goals in seven games. He was European champion at U19 level in 2011 and 2012 and was named the tournament's best player in 2012.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/10/everton-sign-gerard-deulofeu-barcelona

Massive coup! I'm sure a lot of clubs would've loved to have signed him, even on loan for a season. Surprised Swansea didn't try for him (with the Laudrup links to Barcelona).

This could be one of the most exciting moves of this transfer window in my opinion. :yep: Gives Everton a real spark in attack. Also, like others, I'm very much looking forward to seeing him play more regularly at top level.
Reply 68
Original post by Abiraleft
This could be one of the most exciting moves of this transfer window in my opinion. :yep: Gives Everton a real spark in attack. Also, like others, I'm very much looking forward to seeing him play more regularly at top level.

I'm already thinking of putting him in my fantasy football :colondollar:
So many fans of other teams excited about this move haha :laugh:
They have reason to be!

They spelt deulofeu's name wrong! :facepalm:

:toofunny:
Reply 72
Original post by TH3-FL45H

That's not the official club store, is it? :teehee:
Reply 73
So many fans of other teams excited about this move haha :laugh:

All based on football manager tbh.
Original post by TH3-FL45H

It's actually not the first time they've done that mistake.
Original post by So Instinct
It's actually not the first time they've done that mistake.

Lol fail, somebody needs to sort this name thing out :tongue:
Original post by jam277
All based on football manager tbh.

Yup that definitely. I'm excited to see what he can do. Hopefully develops a bit of a brain as is still too inconsistent with his decision making.
Reply 77
Yup that definitely. I'm excited to see what he can do. Hopefully develops a bit of a brain as is still too inconsistent with his decision making.

Reminds me though, I doubt tello will make it the way that pedro has. Personally barca have been looking for the new pedro for a while so get the likes of tello/cuenca/delofeu to play. He's a very underrated guy. The way he broke into the barca team isn't to be sniffed at, only problem has been injuries.
Original post by jam277
Reminds me though, I doubt tello will make it the way that pedro has. Personally barca have been looking for the new pedro for a while so get the likes of tello/cuenca/delofeu to play. He's a very underrated guy. The way he broke into the barca team isn't to be sniffed at, only problem has been injuries.

Dudes a one trick pony. He needs to work on his passing and dribbling too much kick and run. Works against poorer teams but against better teams he is found out.

Pedro has suffered like Sanchez because they've knocked the cteativity out of them. They barely ever try take on their man anymore. Hope the new coach allows them more freedom.

That's what I think seperates Deulofeu and Tell. Whilst he's not as fast as the latter he's still quick. Also can dribble properly not just rely on kick it forward.
Reply 79
Dudes a one trick pony. He needs to work on his passing and dribbling too much kick and run. Works against poorer teams but against better teams he is found out.

Pedro has suffered like Sanchez because they've knocked the cteativity out of them. They barely ever try take on their man anymore. Hope the new coach allows them more freedom.

That's what I think seperates Deulofeu and Tell. Whilst he's not as fast as the latter he's still quick. Also can dribble properly not just rely on kick it forward.

Tbf when your tactic is pass to messi I'd understand what happened to sanchez and pedro. :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest